Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

Slow forum?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-03, 07:21 AM
mrshabo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Slow forum?

is it me or CL has been very very slow recently?
Old 12-02-03, 07:56 AM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 335 Likes on 221 Posts

it's you.
Old 12-02-03, 10:26 AM
J.P.
Boardroom Thug

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it's you

as of right now

There are currently 99 members and 114 guests on the boards. | Most users ever online was 925 on 07-25-03 at 10:02.
Old 12-02-03, 12:25 PM
mrshabo
Lexus Test Driver

that's really weird because clublexus is the only site that i go to that is very slow. everything else is very fast... anyone know what's up?
Old 12-02-03, 12:43 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,147 Likes on 1,311 Posts

It's fine for me right now.

There have been some times over the last couple of weeks it's seemed slow, but is zipping right along.
Old 12-02-03, 03:10 PM
spinaltoad
Driver

The only thing I can think of is your internet service provider. I see that you use Road Runner. Are the sites that come up real quick forum sites as well. Road Runner and many other isp's cache web pages on local servers so customers have faster access to them. Clublexus is not cached. Also, sometimes isp's have issues connecting to other isp's. Example: ATT might have a good connection to a MCI line but not to a SBC internet line. Currently, clublexus runs off of a level 3 line with yipes as the primary back up and cogent as the secondary bakcup. If your isp is having issues with level 3 it would fall back to using one of the other carriers. Level 3 is one of the best conections you can buy. But. isp's are always having problems connecting to other isp's, that's why everything must be made redundent.
Old 12-02-03, 03:31 PM
mrshabo
Lexus Test Driver

although what you say might be true. no matter what it falls back on it should still be faster than 28.8... seriously it takes like a min to load the page sometimes... i have no clue what's up.
Old 12-02-03, 04:01 PM
spinaltoad
Driver

that slow hu.
Do other forum sites comup fast?
Old 12-02-03, 04:12 PM
mrshabo
Lexus Test Driver

yes every other place is fast except clublexus to me... it isn't the computer too because it's slow on my second computer too..
Old 12-02-03, 04:25 PM
spinaltoad
Driver

are you behind a fire wall or anything. Ping www.clublexus.com. Tell me what the ping is.
Old 12-02-03, 04:43 PM
mrshabo
Lexus Test Driver

ping replies were 55,49,71,53
Old 12-02-03, 04:58 PM
spinaltoad
Driver

Do the ad banners load slow? Do they appear before the forums do? Is it only the forums that are slow, our is the entire site slow? Do the ad banners display at teh exact time the forums do?
Old 12-02-03, 08:26 PM
mrshabo
Lexus Test Driver

everything is extremely slow, the banners actually load before the site does. The banners are the first to pop up.
Old 12-02-03, 11:34 PM
spinaltoad
Driver

It might be possible that the isp in your area has not updated its routing tables yet to match the new service clublexus is on. They might be using the old routing tables. It takes a few weaks for routing tables to be circulate around the net and be updated.
Here are some examples of what I'm talking about.

Our old service was Yipes. Our new service is Lvl 3 with yipes and cogent backup.
If your isp doesn't update the routing tables correctly this could happen.
You send a request to clublexus. The request gets sent out by your isp and then is recieved by clublexus through the old Yipes connection. The information is then sent out through the lvl 3 connection. For most isp's this would not be an issues because they understand things like passive connections proxy servers etc. But, if your isp uses some wierd safety feature, they might require that every request you send out to a server must be returned from the same server. Since they have not updated their routing tables, they might have to do a reverse dns lookup to verify that the returned infromation orginated from the same server you sent the request to.

I do know that Cable modem services have implemented new security proticals because of the viruses released in the last couple months. These viruses took advantage of the fact that windows machines can activiely broadcast and received packets. I believe that they have tightened security protocals to reflect windows inherent security flaws.

Other senerio. All isp's keep a cache of file containing all the sites you visit. Each customer has a cache, ask them to clear it. They might not admit that they have it, but they do. ATT has one, SBC has one, etc. Actually, that was the main thing wrong with my friends internet, some sites would be really slow after a while becuase he never turned his machin off. He has to call up ATT each time to ask to have his cache cleared. Took him and the technition a while to figure it out.

try connection to clublexus directly
http://209.120.211.53

Last edited by spinaltoad; 12-02-03 at 11:41 PM.
Old 12-02-03, 11:55 PM
mrshabo
Lexus Test Driver

thanks a lot for your help, i'll give it a try and ask them to see if they are willing to clear my cache.

Quick Reply: Slow forum?