Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

Tein FLEX coilovers mistaken identity

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-03, 07:07 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

shawn, if possible, can you send me the guy's address and as much information as possible so i can try to track him down? if you don't feel safe or still doubt about me, you can send the information to daveGS4. he's the adminstrator here so i consider him an unbiased source.

don't be sorry shawn, i have no hard feeling about this at all. in fact i feel bad for you, and really want to do anything to help you get this resolved. i don't know too much about how to complain about it but i guess local police office or just ask post office would give you a lot of information.
Old 10-30-03, 08:08 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 335 Likes on 221 Posts

contact the local post office about the fraud and file a complaint. they will walk you through the paperwork. it is illegal to commit mail fraud. it has been done twice now.

the first time is that you used a usps MO and sent it THROUGH the usps. sending the money through the post office protects you since it was used in a fraud.

the second is that he sent you the fraudulent package back through the usps. that is the second part of the mail fraud.

United States Marshall's get involved with mail fraud over $500.00 and they WILL show up at the address it was sent to.
Old 10-30-03, 09:01 PM
hdsr09
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by O. L. T.
contact the local post office about the fraud and file a complaint. they will walk you through the paperwork. it is illegal to commit mail fraud. it has been done twice now.

the first time is that you used a usps MO and sent it THROUGH the usps. sending the money through the post office protects you since it was used in a fraud.

the second is that he sent you the fraudulent package back through the usps. that is the second part of the mail fraud.

United States Marshall's get involved with mail fraud over $500.00 and they WILL show up at the address it was sent to.

Hello. The fraudulent package was NOT sent to me via USPS shipment services. I was assuming he was going to send me the suspension, so I agreed that he would send it to me via UPS Ground which is the cheapest alternative for shipping heavy items, so the empty bubble mailer he sent was sent to me via UPS Ground... My payment to him was sent via a USPS Money Order through USPS Priority Mail w/ Delivery Confirmation. I have the bubble mailer, and it is actually intact. I opened a small corner of it to look inside, as I thought something wasn't right once I received an empty envelope instead of suspension... I just don't see why he would even bother mailing me an empty envelope when he already had my money. Why didn't he just take my money order and not send me anything, instead of sending me a empty bubble mailer?
Old 10-30-03, 09:57 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Wow. I came into a thread titled Tein Flex to find it's about Tein HA but then it is really about Henry. I am curious to know how this other Henry contacted you. Since he claims to be rominl, he must at least lurk on CL. He must also read enough to catch the threads that someone calls rominl Henry. Plus since Shawn is new to CL, this guy may be preying on other new members who may not be as familiar with CL.

In any case, I hope this gets worked out for you Shawn. In case there is any doubt, I know Henry pretty well and he would NEVER do this.

Last edited by Neo; 10-30-03 at 10:00 PM.
Old 10-30-03, 10:33 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

it doesnt matter how he sent it to you, it would have just been helpful. The original USPS money order was involved in a fraud. SO get to the post ofice, how it came back will have no effect.

What WILL have an effect is the fact he sent SOMETHING. he did it to cover his butt. He has a tracking number that says "i sent this to the guy" however what he doesn't have is a package that weighs what a pair of teins would weigh and the shipping label with the weight is what is going to nip it in the bud.

what was the shipping weight of the bubble wrap, like 2 Lbs.??
Old 10-31-03, 12:14 AM
hdsr09
Rookie

Actually, The shipping weight of the bubble mailer as described on the ups.com website when I look up the tracking number was 0.10 of one pound. Shawn
Old 10-31-03, 12:43 AM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

bingo. no weight = no package. he tried to get by with just tracking numbers but if there is no weight, there is no product.
Old 10-31-03, 02:43 AM
LB Lex
Lexus Champion

Damn, I'm sorry to hear about your ordeal. As OLT stated, go to your local post-office and file a complaint. I hope you can nail this guy, especially since he probably impersonated a CL member to commit a fraud. I am really currious about this guy's address because I'm sure some of us here want to check it out.

Good luck.
Old 10-31-03, 09:24 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

yeah i am sure post office and police department will at least give you information on how to proceed. on the other note, since the guy actually sent you something through ups and gave you the tracking number, maybe you can contact ups as well as to see if they can help or give out more info. at least if required by laws or so, you would be able to see where the bubble mailer is originated from, which ups station, etc...

my feeling is that the guy DID sent out something to trap you to think something is on the way so he has more time to escape or run away with the money.