Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

WORST drivers by Make and model.

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-19, 07:13 PM
CAHWY128
Advanced

Received 346 Likes on 228 Posts
Exclamation WORST drivers by Make and model.

Lately, I have had a change of mind.

This is based on my observed percentages. So not all drivers are bad, lets say like 80% just suck.

I used to think Toyota Prius drivers were the worst drivers. Slowest. Most incompetent. Basically just garbage drivers. Like 9 out of 10. I basically cry when I see this model of car out driving.

Now I think I have found a worse brand and model.

The Subaru CrossTrek. These clowns are batting a 1000 for terrible driving. Slowest than the slowest. Total Nincompoops. Where do these people come from? They totally suck!!!!! I am loosing my mind with these cars. I see a CrossTrek and I am just waiting for the pile up.

Anyway. Whats your Brand and model for worst driver?

Remember this is totally non-scientific study. It is based solely on your observations.
Old 06-22-19, 07:20 PM
LeX2K
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3,042 Likes on 2,556 Posts

Still BMW drivers for me no regard for speed limits, turn signals or anything approaching basic decorum.

BTW loose=not tight lose=lost
Old 06-22-19, 07:34 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

From my own experience, what I personally have seen on the road, and from the injury/fatality reports from auto accidents, I'd say #1, hands-down, are V8-powered Mustang GT/Cobra/SVT/Boss-Mustangs. Something about high-powered Mustangs always has, and still does, invite aggressive and irresponsible driving...especially with young people. In second-place is the BMW 3-Series, particularly the previous-generation models, which, in general, are driven by a somewhat older, more sane crowd than those in Mustangs, but who are sometimes more arrogant, and think the road essentially belongs to them.

Having said that, though, not all who drive these two vehicles are hooligans.....some of them are indeed responsible and careful drivers. But too many of them aren't.

Some other vehicles that I'd say have a higher-than-average rate of hooliganism behind the wheel are the Subaru WRX/STi, Mitsubishi Evo, and older Hondas that have been "Slammed" and customized.

Last edited by mmarshall; 06-22-19 at 07:45 PM.
Old 06-22-19, 07:41 PM
EXE46
Lead Lap

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Scamry, Rolla, and majority of Lexus drivers, always the slowest, hogs the fast lane while going under the limit, like to stay in ones blind spot and trail tractor trailers. The same bunch that will also block you off and keep exact pace with the car in next lane so you're stuck behind them for miles when the highway ahead is clear. I used to enjoy going for weekend drives but not anymore. Today i only venture out on weekends if it's a necessity.

BMW drivers are fine, they may drive faster than the average but i rather that than the slow drivers, they're more threat to me and increases my chances of collision daily.
Old 06-22-19, 08:50 PM
EZZ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 228 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by EXE46
Scamry, Rolla, and majority of Lexus drivers, always the slowest, hogs the fast lane while going under the limit, like to stay in ones blind spot and trail tractor trailers. The same bunch that will also block you off and keep exact pace with the car in next lane so you're stuck behind them for miles when the highway ahead is clear. I used to enjoy going for weekend drives but not anymore. Today i only venture out on weekends if it's a necessity.

BMW drivers are fine, they may drive faster than the average but i rather that than the slow drivers, they're more threat to me and increases my chances of collision daily.
For me, it's Prius and Accords. Accords are always getting in my way and won't move from the left. Both are slow so should just stay on the right.
Old 06-22-19, 09:12 PM
AZLexicon
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I have found Prius and Versa drivers are horrible. Slow, don't signal and usually don't leave a green light until you honk.
Old 06-23-19, 04:17 AM
Lil4X
Out of Warranty

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Gotta agree with Mike - Mustang pilots are too often over-privileged little snots who earned their entry into the world of high-performance by passing the tenth grade and whimpering to their single mom about their miserable social status. They can most often be found wrapped around trees, launched into our local lakes and bayous, or (sadly) driven part-way through some legitimate wage-earner's home or automobile.

OK, I'm getting to be one of those crotchety old men, but a trip down almost any straight section of surface street late in the evening will usually reveal some miscreant's misadventures exploring the validity of the laws of physics.
Old 06-23-19, 06:59 PM
Stroock639
Lexus Test Driver

Received 245 Likes on 186 Posts

has to be the lexus RX! i've been saying it for years, and then jalopnik even made an article echoing that

someone who gets an RX is basically saying i hate the thought of having to drive, i'm not interested in "handling" or whatever that is... i want as little interaction with the outside world as possible when i'm in the car, i need an SUV with AWD because there's sometimes leaves on my slightly inclined driveway, and i have enough money that i can afford to get into accidents with it
Old 06-23-19, 07:03 PM
Stroock639
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by CAHWY128
I used to think Toyota Prius drivers were the worst drivers. Slowest. Most incompetent. Basically just garbage drivers. Like 9 out of 10. I basically cry when I see this model of car out driving.
a prius going slow (in the right lane) makes me happy, it's what the car was designed for and does it beautifully, why get a prius if you want something to race around in? it's terrible for that... but if you try to hypermile the crap out of it and keep the little interactive bar in the green eco section, it's one of the most engaging and satisfying ways to get around
Old 06-23-19, 07:09 PM
Stroock639
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Lexus2000
Still BMW drivers for me no regard for speed limits, turn signals or anything approaching basic decorum.
i'm more worried when a BMW is going very slow, a BMW being driven like a total a-hole is very predicable and the driver likely knows what they're doing and got the car for that exact reason... but a super slow poke BMW? that's a bit worrying, that person clearly isn't thinking straight and/or has terrible priorities... the stiff firm uncomfortableness that is a BMW make them pretty bad for just cruising around in, so something's off with whoever gets one to not drive the car as it's intended and does wonderfully
Old 06-24-19, 06:08 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by Stroock639
i'm more worried when a BMW is going very slow, a BMW being driven like a total a-hole is very predicable and the driver likely knows what they're doing and got the car for that exact reason... but a super slow poke BMW? that's a bit worrying, that person clearly isn't thinking straight and/or has terrible priorities... the stiff firm uncomfortableness that is a BMW make them pretty bad for just cruising around in, so something's off with whoever gets one to not drive the car as it's intended and does wonderfully
The only BMW product that I ever test-drove that I thought was really stiff and uncomfortable was the last-generation M3, which handled like it was on rails but was very rough and noisy over bumps. Most BMWs, even with the Sport-Package, have a superb balance of ride-and-handling, because the BMW engineers know how to design suspensions that deliver both comfort and control.

One also has to take this entire thread in its proper context. Yes, I felt that the BMW 3-series, for its proportion of arrogant and irresponsible drivers, was second only to the infamous high-powered Mustangs. But, even then, probably a majority of BMW 3-series drivers are just as careful, responsible, and follow the same traffic-laws as those drivers of other makes.
Old 06-24-19, 07:18 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Any brand vehicle with a NY plate on a highway. Fast lane at speed limit or under and will not move to a right lane.
Old 06-24-19, 10:35 AM
COOLIS
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

100% the Toyota Prius here in CA. People who drive these should be castrated (partially joking)!
Old 06-24-19, 10:45 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,499 Likes on 1,642 Posts

you can find bad drivers in any vehicle in any place. but glad this thread is a place people can vent.
Old 06-24-19, 11:00 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 139 Likes on 113 Posts

I wonder if anyone ever says "I drive a xxxxx and we're some of the worst drivers on the road"?

Quick Reply: WORST drivers by Make and model.