GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

‘15 gs pirelli cinturato p7 all season plus

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-19, 01:57 PM
BB11
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default ‘15 gs pirelli cinturato p7 all season plus

Hello all, I have 30,000 miles on my ‘15 GS, tires are PIRELLI CINTURATO P7 ALL SEASON PLUS, that I had the dealer put on when I bought the car. At 30,000 miles they are getting low on tread. How long have your P7’s lasted? I like them a lot as they are very quiet. Thanks.
Old 05-20-19, 02:13 PM
drgrant
Instructor

Received 120 Likes on 99 Posts

I have the same tires I haven't noticed abnormal wear, if anything I thought these tires had an above average level of tread, but mine are P235/40R19s because of F-sport wheels. Right now I have them sidelined as off-season tires though, but even after taking them off, still tons of tread life left, but admittedly I probably have less than 15K on them since like Mar of 2018. Regardless I think Pirelli has a treadlife warranty so if you go to any decent tire dealer that sells them, you should be able to get prorated replacements if you want the same tire. (meaning, it won't cost you full price to replace them. )

-Mike
Old 05-20-19, 02:15 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,290 Likes on 1,631 Posts

Originally Posted by BB11
Hello all, I have 30,000 miles on my ‘15 GS, tires are PIRELLI CINTURATO P7 ALL SEASON PLUS, that I had the dealer put on when I bought the car. At 30,000 miles they are getting low on tread. How long have your P7’s lasted? I like them a lot as they are very quiet. Thanks.
I have the Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season Plus tires on my GS 350 and just this morning I had Discount Tire rotate and re-balance them. Your post about tire wear is very timely!

I only have slightly less than 10,000 miles on my Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season Plus tires and I think they are wonderful tires. I was told today by Discount Tire that my tread is down to about 9/32", so it is doubtful they will last much beyond 30,000 miles. But that is typical here in North Texas with the abrasive aggregate they use in the asphalt and the cement for our roads and highways. The Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season Plus tires, as I'm sure you are aware, have a 70,000 warranty. I was reminded today by Discount Tire that when my tires get down to 3/32" - 4/32" tread depth (where the state of Texas will not approve auto inspection) they'll replace the tires and provide a ~60% rebate for the mileage that I failed to achieve as credit toward a new set. I'll definitely be getting another set of the Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season Plus tires when that time comes! All of the tire makers understand this and realize that many consumers will expect this, however not all consumers or tire stores will take advantage of it.

Hope this helps!
The following users liked this post:
RichardB23 (05-21-19)
Old 05-20-19, 02:39 PM
BB11
Intermediate

Originally Posted by bclexus
I have the Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season Plus tires on my GS 350 and just this morning I had Discount Tire rotate and re-balance them. Your post about tire wear is very timely!

I only have slightly less than 10,000 miles on my Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season Plus tires and I think they are wonderful tires. I was told today by Discount Tire that my tread is down to about 9/32", so it is doubtful they will last much beyond 30,000 miles. But that is typical here in North Texas with the abrasive aggregate they use in the asphalt and the cement for our roads and highways. The Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season Plus tires, as I'm sure you are aware, have a 70,000 warranty. I was reminded today by Discount Tire that when my tires get down to 3/32" - 4/32" tread depth (where the state of Texas will not approve auto inspection) they'll replace the tires and provide a ~60% rebate for the mileage that I failed to achieve as credit toward a new set. I'll definitely be getting another set of the Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season Plus tires when that time comes! All of the tire makers understand this and realize that many consumers will expect this, however not all consumers or tire stores will take advantage of it.

Hope this helps!
I just got off of the phone with Pirelli and found out about the warranty. I am not sure I can wait for them to be low enough as I am in the northeast and snow can mean a change is due, but I drive little in the snow so maybe not an issue. Even though I do not use Lexus for service these days they will be doing a complimentary oil change next week and I will ask then to measure the tread. I really like these tires for their quietness and ride and will replace with the same. I have a feeling our blacktop is not overly tire friendly. Thanks.

Last edited by BB11; 05-20-19 at 03:20 PM.
Old 05-20-19, 03:46 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,290 Likes on 1,631 Posts

Originally Posted by BB11
I just got off of the phone with Pirelli and found out about the warranty. I am not sure I can wait for them to be low enough as I am in the northeast and snow can mean a change is due, but I drive little in the snow so maybe not an issue. Even though I do not use Lexus for service these days they will be doing a complimentary oil change next week and I will ask then to measure the tread. I really like these tires for their quietness and ride and will replace with the same. I have a feeling our blacktop is not overly tire friendly. Thanks.
One thing I failed to mention - most of my driving with the GS 350 is stop 'n go city driving, which tends to cause advanced tire wear from all the turning on abrasive road surfaces and acceleration/braking versus open road highway driving where the tires are most always going straight - the latter of which can easily mean twice the number of miles with the reduced tire wear.

Last edited by bclexus; 05-20-19 at 04:36 PM.
Old 05-20-19, 04:32 PM
BB11
Intermediate

Originally Posted by bclexus
One thing I failed to mention - most of my driving with the GS 350 is stop 'n go city driving, which tends to cause advanced tire wear from all the turning on abrasive road surfaces and acceleration/braking versus open road highway driving where the tires are most always going straight - the latter of which can easily mean twice the number of miles in tire wear.
Yup, mine as well, as least 50%.