SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Anyone know a vendor that carries the Megan cat back exhaust today?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-19, 08:22 AM
BGinLA
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone know a vendor that carries the Megan cat back exhaust today?

Ok I’m back. After a drunk driver demolished my RX and old SC, I picked an 06 up, swapped shoes and ready to go. I ordered a Egan cat back but the damn vendor didn’t make good on their word. Waited 2 months and no exhaust. Anyone know where I can get one; will do the Mid-Pipe too. Then on to lowering ....maybe!

Old 03-11-19, 10:16 AM
Harold57
Lead Lap

Received 413 Likes on 362 Posts

Sorry to see about your two cars being taken out. Were they both taken out by the same drunk driver?

The 06 looks good.
Old 03-11-19, 10:23 AM
BGinLA
Driver

Default Indeed both totaled, but....

Originally Posted by Harold57
Sorry to see about your two cars being taken out. Were they both taken out by the same drunk driver?

The 06 looks good.
...the SC for sure, it was an 02, the 04 LEXUS could have been salvaged but totaled was cheaper and fortunately I got more than what I paid for for both.

Old 03-11-19, 11:11 AM
VVTiBob

Received 272 Likes on 204 Posts

Interesting the side/rear impact deployed the passenger airbag. Did your club stop the driver’s airbag? Was the airbag recall done on the 02 car?
Old 03-11-19, 11:52 AM
BGinLA
Driver

Default Take a second look :)

Originally Posted by VVTiBob
Interesting the side/rear impact deployed the passenger airbag. Did your club stop the driver’s airbag? Was the airbag recall done on the 02 car?
Thanks Bob, that’s not airbag deployment , although it appear so, it is simply a sun shade drooping down, likely shifted upon impact. Passenger air bag recall was completed and never deployed
Old 03-12-19, 10:05 AM
Harold57
Lead Lap

Received 413 Likes on 362 Posts

Oh right, I remember this now.

Sorry but I'm no help on the Megan cat.
Old 03-12-19, 10:45 AM
BGinLA
Driver

Default Al aftermarket exhaust guys, need your advice....

...the Megan catback akd mid pipe combo was my goal but after ordering it from a vendor and waiting for 3 months with no eta , has me changing my mind. I got a refund.
I’ve researched the posts on exhausts from magnum to borla.
1. Can anyone recommend any of the universal Japanese branded mufflers?
2. Anyone do anything new? I’m looking for simple.
3. Can I use the Megan mid pipe and another universal exhaust? Any good combos?
4. Any other sc430 specific exhaust systems under 1k?
Goal: nice deep rumble, not something overly loud with a lot of drone.
Old 03-12-19, 11:24 AM
DshngDaryl
Pole Position

Received 512 Likes on 428 Posts

There is a guy in La Puenta who has two of them. https://www.ebay.com/itm/MEGAN-CAT-B...AAAOSwu4BVxRJU
Old 03-12-19, 01:43 PM
BGinLA
Driver

Default Overpriced

Thanks, he is reselling, way overpriced. Original retail was around $500 with the midpipe. But appreciated.
Old 03-12-19, 07:26 PM
Bgw70
Lexus Test Driver

Received 913 Likes on 733 Posts

Originally Posted by BGinLA
Thanks, he is reselling, way overpriced. Original retail was around $500 with the midpipe. But appreciated.
do you like Magnaflow?
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc4...ion-issue.html

Last edited by Bgw70; 03-13-19 at 03:07 AM.
Old 03-14-19, 11:34 AM
taisho
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey BginLA,

Just a reminder we're both living in a state with STRICT CARB and SMOG emission statutes. If the mid-pipe includes a catalytic converter deletion then it will not pass inspection and you'll have to pay extra to find a mechanic to pass it for you. Or if you do your own work then it should be fine, just a bit time consuming on your end. I found out the hard way when I purchased PPE headers.

I passed smog with Borla mufflers and a resonator deletion. I currently use universal Borla mufflers + resonator delete + PPE headers and it purrs nicely.

Magnaflow has a nice cat back muffler for SC430's but it's not Japanese branded.

Last edited by taisho; 03-14-19 at 11:37 AM.
Old 03-14-19, 12:14 PM
ShawnOk
Pole Position

Received 89 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by taisho
Hey BginLA,

Just a reminder we're both living in a state with STRICT CARB and SMOG emission statutes. If the mid-pipe includes a catalytic converter deletion then it will not pass inspection and you'll have to pay extra to find a mechanic to pass it for you. Or if you do your own work then it should be fine, just a bit time consuming on your end. I found out the hard way when I purchased PPE headers.

I passed smog with Borla mufflers and a resonator deletion. I currently use universal Borla mufflers + resonator delete + PPE headers and it purrs nicely.

Magnaflow has a nice cat back muffler for SC430's but it's not Japanese branded.
Taisho, I have been scoping out the Borla exhaust for a long time. Could you post some info like the install process, model of the cans, photos from the rear, and maybe a sound clip please? I hate how low the pipes sit with Magnaflow. Esp if I plan to lower with coilovers, they will scrap and look bad from the rear. Hope you can oblige?

Last edited by ShawnOk; 03-14-19 at 10:00 PM.
Old 03-14-19, 12:46 PM
BGinLA
Driver

Default Yes please!

id like to hear about the Borla setup as well.
Old 03-14-19, 01:48 PM
Bgw70
Lexus Test Driver

Received 913 Likes on 733 Posts

Originally Posted by ShawnOk
I have been scoping out the Borla exhaust for a long time. Could you post some info like the install process, model of the cans, photos from the rear, and maybe a sound clip please? I hate how low the pipes sit with Magnaflow. Esp if I plan to lower with coilovers, they will scrap and look bad from the rear. Hope you can oblige?
Borla sound clip

Magnaflow muffler

Last edited by Bgw70; 03-14-19 at 02:05 PM.
Old 03-14-19, 03:13 PM
DshngDaryl
Pole Position

Received 512 Likes on 428 Posts

Originally Posted by taisho
Hey BginLA,

Just a reminder we're both living in a state with STRICT CARB and SMOG emission statutes. If the mid-pipe includes a catalytic converter deletion then it will not pass inspection and you'll have to pay extra to find a mechanic to pass it for you.
The third cat convertor is past both O2 sensors so it does not effect your computer/OBDII readings. However, if CA has a visual inspection you may have a problem.

Quick Reply: Anyone know a vendor that carries the Megan cat back exhaust today?