Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

2019 refresh watch

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-18, 09:34 PM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Received 275 Likes on 246 Posts
Default 2019 refresh watch

So end of June almost, and were back at the same junction we are every almost every year since 2016...

Where is the GX lineup going in 2019?

Post your thoughts, comments and questions
Old 06-16-18, 09:44 PM
jkonquer
Instructor

Received 79 Likes on 64 Posts

When does Toyota release their new year models?
Old 06-17-18, 06:15 AM
Acrad
Super Moderator

Received 3,572 Likes on 2,338 Posts

I think 2021 might be the big change year. Perhaps released in early 2020.... just wild speculation though.
Old 06-17-18, 01:21 PM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by jkonquer
When does Toyota release their new year models?
Official releases are in end of August, but usually alot of pics come out now out of Tashira Japan since people take pics of the preproduction models in the yards or actual units being trucked out for shipment.

Originally Posted by Acrad35751
I think 2021 might be the big change year. Perhaps released in early 2020.... just wild speculation though.
2020 is the launch of the 300 series on the next gen T/L Truck platform for sure. Not too sure the GX, maybe it might linger after that as well
Old 06-17-18, 08:46 PM
ClaytonW
Advanced

Received 99 Likes on 79 Posts

Land Cruiser Prado was refreshed in the last year. So I expect GX and 4Runner may also get some minor design changes and new standard features like adaptive cruise control, pre-crash safety and automatic high-beam.
Old 06-18-18, 08:33 AM
hzhao
Racer

Received 978 Likes on 565 Posts

With IS and GS already on Chopping block, and no any information regards GX by now, plus the release of low priced 5 passengers LX and 7 passengers RX-L, I am not sure about GX future...... If you look at all buyers/leasers for GX today, safe to say the ones got GX for its true body on frame structure and off-road capability would love to get into LX if the price is right. For those needed third row and primary for city driving, the RX-L certainly can win their hearts. Now, only small percentage die-hard Prado fans in the group would end up either in newer more advance 4-Runner or LX. I won't even surprise if Toyota finally replace the 4-Runner with Prado just like in every other market. Just my 2 cents.
Old 06-18-18, 09:13 AM
situman
Pole Position

Received 162 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by hzhao
With IS and GS already on Chopping block, and no any information regards GX by now, plus the release of low priced 5 passengers LX and 7 passengers RX-L, I am not sure about GX future...... If you look at all buyers/leasers for GX today, safe to say the ones got GX for its true body on frame structure and off-road capability would love to get into LX if the price is right. For those needed third row and primary for city driving, the RX-L certainly can win their hearts. Now, only small percentage die-hard Prado fans in the group would end up either in newer more advance 4-Runner or LX. I won't even surprise if Toyota finally replace the 4-Runner with Prado just like in every other market. Just my 2 cents.
Yea with the intro of the RXL, the GX is being squeezed from the top and middle. The GX will probably hang around for a few more model years then replaced with a bigger RXL (hopefully with a new name) when the RX moves to a new platform with an actual usable 3rd row. I've recently test drove the GX again and there is just something about it that is so charming that the RX lacks.
Old 06-18-18, 09:31 AM
jkonquer
Instructor

Also Lexus just lower the GX prices by little more than $2,000. The MSRP on the lexus website seems to be the same. But all dealers just lowered it on all premium models.
Old 06-18-18, 07:03 PM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ClaytonW
Land Cruiser Prado was refreshed in the last year. So I expect GX and 4Runner may also get some minor design changes and new standard features like adaptive cruise control, pre-crash safety and automatic high-beam.
I would hope so, but seeing how Toyota and Lexus are in the midst of a ground up rebuild stage, where everything is moving to modular platforms I dont know if the GX is on track to move. I would certainely welcome the LSS, new tech inside, but for some reason even I`m not holding my breath after being letdown soo many times lol

Originally Posted by hzhao
IS on the chopping block is new, GS for sure. if they replace the 4R for the prado, that would be an interesting take. What about the TRD packs on them?

Originally Posted by situman
Yea with the intro of the RXL, the GX is being squeezed from the top and middle. The GX will probably hang around for a few more model years then replaced with a bigger RXL (hopefully with a new name) when the RX moves to a new platform with an actual usable 3rd row. I've recently test drove the GX again and there is just something about it that is so charming that the RX lacks.
Squeezed from the top I was say hardly, the 5 row LX is still ways far from the top spec GX. From the bottom absolutely. The RX-L, while a terrible 7 seater is easier for most folks to navigate malls with then the GX. In addition the platform on the RX has soo many options like LSS standard, that the case to sell all a "dumb, non semi autonomous" GX is one that comes out of those who truly appreciate the platform and capability of the GX, and are able to forgive its dated interior, powertrain shortcomings, and over lack of tech inside.

Also Lexus just lower the GX prices by little more than $2,000. The MSRP on the lexus website seems to be the same. But all dealers just lowered it on all premium models.
Didnt know that, maybe a sign
Old 06-19-18, 07:51 AM
situman
Pole Position

But then they made that up by giving lease "deals" on a $53k vehicle instead of the usual $56k vehicle. Same math.
Old 06-19-18, 08:02 AM
jkonquer
Instructor

"Offer based on MSRP of $56,270 including delivery, processing and handling. Offer already includes $1,000 in Lease Cash incentives" - lexus GX offer

No, they haven't changed that. The GX I'm looking at was 60k and it is now at 58k, same vehicle. The question is whether they are using the original MSRP to get the residual or not. Since it could possibly be a temporally offer..
Old 06-19-18, 09:44 AM
Medani007
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

"Offer based on MSRP of $56,270 including delivery, processing and handling. Offer already includes $1,000 in Lease Cash incentives" - lexus GX offer

No, they haven't changed that. The GX I'm looking at was 60k and it is now at 58k, same vehicle. The question is whether they are using the original MSRP to get the residual or not. Since it could possibly be a temporally offer..
Does the reduction of sticker price come with a reduction of invoice price? If not then it really doesn’t help non lease buyers.
Old 06-19-18, 10:52 AM
situman
Pole Position

Offer based on MSRP $53,704 here in the East Coast. 459/3,999
Old 06-20-18, 04:34 PM
Acrad
Super Moderator

Sent an inquiry to dealer today that I was interested in a '19... told them to put me on the notification list when they arrive. I got the expected... "will let you know when we receive more info"
Old 07-22-18, 01:43 PM
Acrad
Super Moderator

Well.. the placeholder is there

Quick Reply: 2019 refresh watch