Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

GS300 Aristo Swap Fuel Guage Issue!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-18, 08:56 PM
VIP161
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default GS300 Aristo Swap Fuel Guage Issue!!!

I've got a 98 GS300 with an Aristo Swap. I'm running the complete fuel hanger as well. Since the swap, my fuel gauge has not been measuring fuel properly. I've already gotten stranded with an empty fuel tank and the fuel needle showing a little under half way. After that, regardless of how much fuel is in the tank, the needle does not move at all. I know this is a common problem with most and I've searched for a solution but haven't been able to find one.
Old 04-18-18, 04:20 AM
Letsride

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts

You have to remove the Aristo pump assembly and make sure its installed correctly. When it is not the float arm gets hung up by the crossover tube.
Old 04-18-18, 07:51 AM
1CLS2NV
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a similar issue where my needle gets stuck at 1/4 tank so I just fill up then just to be safe usually around the 200-225 mile mark on that tank of gas.
Old 04-18-18, 09:42 AM
VIP161
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 1CLS2NV
I have a similar issue where my needle gets stuck at 1/4 tank so I just fill up then just to be safe usually around the 200-225 mile mark on that tank of gas.
I wish I was getting that kind of mileage to the tank. I'm dying at about 160. What I plan on doing is getting a SARD JPK and making sure that float isnt tangled like Letsride had mentioned.
Old 04-18-18, 04:58 PM
badblackgs
Lead Lap

Received 76 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by VIP161
I wish I was getting that kind of mileage to the tank. I'm dying at about 160. What I plan on doing is getting a SARD JPK and making sure that float isnt tangled like Letsride had mentioned.
are you aware what the sard jet pump killer does?
it stop the fuel from being siphoned from the passenger side of the saddle fuel tank. that would be the worst thing you can do. im with letsride. something must be wrong with your fuel level float. hanging up on the crossover tube. remember. the aristo fuel tank is the same design and fuel tank capacity as any american lexus gs. there should be no difference. check your fuel pump module for any issues.
Old 04-18-18, 05:40 PM
Letsride

Going with the JPK is a bad idea.......VIP161. You have some issues if you are only getting 160.
Old 04-18-18, 06:34 PM
VIP161
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by badblackgs
are you aware what the sard jet pump killer does?
it stop the fuel from being siphoned from the passenger side of the saddle fuel tank. that would be the worst thing you can do. im with letsride. something must be wrong with your fuel level float. hanging up on the crossover tube. remember. the aristo fuel tank is the same design and fuel tank capacity as any american lexus gs. there should be no difference. check your fuel pump module for any issues.
I will be completely removing the fuel hanger and checking to see if the float is getting caught in the line. That is my primary suspicion.
Old 04-18-18, 06:40 PM
VIP161
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Letsride
Going with the JPK is a bad idea.......VIP161. You have some issues if you are only getting 160.
Yeah its weird. Back when my GS had the stock 2JZGE, it used to run out of fuel when the needle was slightly over the "E" mark. It was like that with two motors. Now that I'm running the 2JZGTE, I feel that it is still the same issue but since the fuel gauge doesn't read correctly, I am unable to tell where about the needle would be if it worked correctly. I've never done anything inside the fuel tank until I swapped this motor in. I've only replaced the stock GE hanger with an Aristo GTE hanger.
Old 04-19-18, 06:40 AM
1CLS2NV
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is a old thread about the same issue. https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...uge-issue.html
Old 04-19-18, 08:29 PM
VIP161
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 1CLS2NV
Here is a old thread about the same issue. https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...uge-issue.html
This thread came up during my search so I'm very familiar with it. However I'm not sold on it. For as many Aristo swaps that have been done, I find it hard to believe that no one has discussed this or has come up with a solution if it is indeed a common problem.
Old 04-21-18, 12:03 PM
LexLova
Intermediate

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Default My solution & help

Here you go

Old 04-23-18, 08:16 PM
VIP161
Lead Lap

Very interesting. I actually thought about doing this but didn't think it was going to make a difference. Good thing I saved my GS300 pump. I'm willing to try anything.
Old 04-24-18, 03:30 AM
LexLova
Intermediate

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by VIP161
Very interesting. I actually thought about doing this but didn't think it was going to make a difference. Good thing I saved my GS300 pump. I'm willing to try anything.

it works #Fact
Old 04-30-18, 11:36 AM
GokaiRed
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wait...this is a thing? I ask because I only just finished my swap a week ago or so and I remember I did so, so, so much research before pulling the trigger on the project and the only thing that was ever mentioned concerning the fuel pump was dudes either drilling their own return in USDM pump or swapping the JDM pump so your fuel gauge readings WON'T be inaccurate.

And with the OPs issue it seems this isn't actually the case? I haven't had the chance to take the car on anything more than parking lot/service road shakedowns so I don't know how mine's reading yet. I opted for the JDM pump, but it's looking like I might have to do this "top swap" with a spare fuel pump I got with the shell which sucks 'cause who knows how many miles are on that thing...

Last edited by GokaiRed; 05-01-18 at 05:27 AM.
Old 04-30-18, 04:54 PM
Letsride

The top swap is not necessary if you have the aristo FP. I have never done it on any of the swap I have done and the gauge is accurate!
The following users liked this post:
GokaiRed (05-01-18)

Quick Reply: GS300 Aristo Swap Fuel Guage Issue!!!