Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Car = Handling Monster. Thanks to TRD!

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-06, 03:28 PM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

Received 43 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Car = Handling Monster. Thanks to TRD!

I just have to say. The car is a handling monster. I go through *MOST* turns without even needing to use the brakes

For me....the Daizen VS TRD debate is over. I will pick TRD any day. The handling difference is night and day. As Jake(LEXSOOS) said...going from Daizen to TRD feels like going from stock to Daizen. I can't agree more.

Jake, the Flex + TRD combo is completely insane! I had a little too much fun after I installed the new bars . I'm going to borrow my friend's G-Meter tomorrow to see how many G's I can pull

FYI: The TRD bar is very heavy. I would say its almost the weight of the Daizen and stock bar combined! Another thing to keep note. Make sure you use threadlock on the sway bar installation!!! When I was installing my TRD bars today I noticed the bolts on the end links were completely loose. Very dangerous!

For those of you who are wondering. Yes the ride has gotten a little bit stiffer(only very very slightly) but thats how I like it. I'm still young so I guess my bones aren't so fragile yet

Oh yeah, and for those of you that are ALSO wondering. Yes the Daizens will be in the classifieds very soon. Keep your eyes peeled!

-Jeff-
Old 09-15-06, 03:31 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

How's body roll now compared to the daizen?

Also, what setting did you use for the daizen?
Old 09-15-06, 03:35 PM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by GSteg
How's body roll now compared to the daizen?

Also, what setting did you use for the daizen?
Here are the rear bars

There is pretty much no roll at all. Maybe any roll I get is from the suspension compressing just a tad or the tire sidewalls compressing. Other than that there is no roll. I mean it seriously feels like a go-kart.

The Daizen was set on the neutral setting in the middle. I think the front bar makes the biggest difference for body roll. In this department the TRD bar is almost 2x heavier than the Daizens. I had a hard time installing the TRD bar because it was so heavy lol.

Last edited by JeffTsai; 09-15-06 at 05:43 PM.
Old 09-15-06, 03:36 PM
cliffud
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Jeff - did you do rear sways too?

you and i have similar garages... except mine has a punching bag and fewer wheels now.
Old 09-15-06, 03:42 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

I should have gotten the front TRD bar to go along with my rear. No wonder they raised the price on the TRD bars. They're that good

After thinking about how much better and heavier the TRD bar is compared to stock, I wish there was someone who makes aftermarket endlinks for our cars. It seems like they're the weaklink now, especially the rear.
Old 09-15-06, 04:16 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Glad to see you got the car the way you like it, Jeff. I think being young and single gives you some leeway. I have a different perspective being old and married (w/kids).

Honestly, though, when I first got the "handling" setup, I was pretty stoked too. I loved the handling and did not pay too much attention to the ride aspect. As I lived with it for months driving to work, the ride started to get on my nerves. I kept thinking, "I am in a luxury car, aren't I?" Couple that with my wife hating the ride made me pursue a more "mature" ride/handling goal.

Congrats, though, on finding the combo that makes YOU happy.
Old 09-15-06, 04:18 PM
TexasGS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Jeff, congrats on the new TRD sways . You will have to give me a ride in it next weekend.
Old 09-15-06, 08:35 PM
KevinGS
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Great go-kart like setup.

Now my question is, for anyone that knows...is there quite a bit of body roll when using the Daizen Sways with the Tein Flex (set on its stiffest setting)?

Do the TRD sways eliminate almost ALL body roll, while the Flex in its stiffest setting just eliminates 'some' body roll? I am very curious...since I have the CS and will probably move to the Flex next. But I have Daizen sways, and the car is already quite stiff over many bumps, especially in the city.

I'll probably just keep the Daizen and then try the Flex. This might be all the "jump" I need in handling.

For me, the real issue is (Jeff please help me with this if you have the EDFC)...when you have the Flex on its SOFTEST setting, with the TRD (or even Daizen) sways, how's the ride? For me, that's the Million Dollar Question.
Old 09-15-06, 09:14 PM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by KevinGS
Great go-kart like setup.

Now my question is, for anyone that knows...is there quite a bit of body roll when using the Daizen Sways with the Tein Flex (set on its stiffest setting)?

Do the TRD sways eliminate almost ALL body roll, while the Flex in its stiffest setting just eliminates 'some' body roll? I am very curious...since I have the CS and will probably move to the Flex next. But I have Daizen sways, and the car is already quite stiff over many bumps, especially in the city.

I'll probably just keep the Daizen and then try the Flex. This might be all the "jump" I need in handling.

For me, the real issue is (Jeff please help me with this if you have the EDFC)...when you have the Flex on its SOFTEST setting, with the TRD (or even Daizen) sways, how's the ride? For me, that's the Million Dollar Question.
Well I have had the Daizen + Flex setup before. Now it's onto TRD + Flex. Biiiiig difference.

The Daizens still rolled a bit. Definately a big jump over stock, but as I said the TRD is a big jump over Daizen. The ride is actually pretty good as long as you don't hit any nasty potholes or big bumps. Normal road conditions such as road irregularities and small bumps/ridges aren't too harsh. If you ever rode in a e46 M3....thats pretty much what my car feels like right now. However, I'm sure I can pull a quite a bit more G's thru the corner than the M3 with the current setup. I kept right behind my friends M3 when I had the Flex with stock sways.

I have it set by hand at the softest settings right now. I'm going to firm it up tomorrow to see if I can get anymore speed thru the turns
Old 09-16-06, 10:26 AM
LEXSOOS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good to know you found your way
Enjoy now,
Old 09-16-06, 07:02 PM
djjt
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you got strut bars?

front and rear? i got them both, they are friggin awesome too... put those in and ur shizzle be the nizzle ma dizzle!!
Old 09-17-06, 04:51 AM
HKGS300
Lexus Test Driver

how much are the TRD sways ?
Old 09-18-06, 11:41 AM
Benjamin T
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by HKGS300
how much are the TRD sways ?
http://www.l-tunedparts.com/product/?id=658

GSteg has a used rear one for sale right now here: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=236750
Old 05-27-17, 12:24 PM
Michelex
Driver School Candidate

sorry , i know this an old post but where can i get the TRD sway bar for my gs400 now ?
Old 05-27-17, 03:12 PM
firelizard

Received 428 Likes on 341 Posts

eBay, classifieds here, Japanese site like Yahoo Auctions.
The following users liked this post:
Michelex (05-30-17)