ES - 7th Gen (2019-present) Discussion topics related to 2019+ ES models

ES300h driver rear door trim not even causes wind noise around 65-75mph

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-24, 10:33 AM
JeeX
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ES300h driver rear door trim not even causes wind noise around 65-75mph

Hello,I am moving from GX470 to ES300h. Taken delivery last two weeks. I have some concern regarding windnoise that come from driver window at interstate cruising speed right around 65-75mph. Everything else is quiet except the wind noise only at driver window. Has anybody comes across this? Is this a concern? So I check at the door and found out that the chrome window trim at driver side rear door is not even with the front but not at the passenger side. Which my wife hear nothing. I also attached some photo and measurement to show the difference between two sides. Halp!!!

Old 05-17-24, 01:08 PM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,128 Likes on 1,607 Posts

Both my 2021 ES300hes (brand new as well) both had massively crooked/misaligned doors and top trims and chrome. I corrected mostly what i can but the difference in the the gloss black door trims could not be rectified. because if you do, then the doors would be misaligned. its like paying tetris where some of the blocks aren't perfectly shaped. in any event ask the dealer to fix the doors.
Old 05-17-24, 04:39 PM
JeeX
10th Gear

Originally Posted by E46CT
Both my 2021 ES300hes (brand new as well) both had massively crooked/misaligned doors and top trims and chrome. I corrected mostly what i can but the difference in the the gloss black door trims could not be rectified. because if you do, then the doors would be misaligned. its like paying tetris where some of the blocks aren't perfectly shaped. in any event ask the dealer to fix the doors.
Then dealership said it shouldn't have windnoise like that and they need the car in to take a look. So I did schedule the service at 346mi., too early for repair don't you think. So do you still hearing the noise and how would they fix your door? Thank you for your input.
Old 05-18-24, 05:56 AM
ATL350
Advanced

Received 302 Likes on 186 Posts

Originally Posted by JeeX
Then dealership said it shouldn't have windnoise like that and they need the car in to take a look. So I did schedule the service at 346mi., too early for repair don't you think. So do you still hearing the noise and how would they fix your door? Thank you for your input.

Too early? Well, if it was a wear and tear issue, perhaps, but this might be a case of the door seals not being properly aligned or seated, so that is definitely a warranty issue. While it shouldn’t happen from the factory the reality is that such things do happen, and not just to Lexus. Let the dealer take a look at it and see if they can’t make adjustments to quiet the noise down.
Old 05-18-24, 11:49 AM
JeeX
10th Gear

Originally Posted by ATL350
Too early? Well, if it was a wear and tear issue, perhaps, but this might be a case of the door seals not being properly aligned or seated, so that is definitely a warranty issue. While it shouldn’t happen from the factory the reality is that such things do happen, and not just to Lexus. Let the dealer take a look at it and see if they can’t make adjustments to quiet the noise down.
​​​​​​Yes indeed
Old 05-22-24, 12:57 PM
DCNY
6th Gear

Hello,I am moving from GX470 to ES300h. Taken delivery last two weeks. I have some concern regarding windnoise that come from driver window at interstate cruising speed right around 65-75mph. Everything else is quiet except the wind noise only at driver window. Has anybody comes across this? Is this a concern? So I check at the door and found out that the chrome window trim at driver side rear door is not even with the front but not at the passenger side. Which my wife hear nothing. I also attached some photo and measurement to show the difference between two sides. Halp!!!

I also have the driver side noise issue. 2024 ES300H, I noticed the noise after about 1500 miles, have about 1800 miles YTD.

It's not clear to me what your pics are showing. If not too much trouble, can you give a brief summary of the pics so I can try the measurements at my end too.

Thanks
Old 05-27-24, 08:35 PM
JeeX
10th Gear

Originally Posted by DCNY
I also have the driver side noise issue. 2024 ES300H, I noticed the noise after about 1500 miles, have about 1800 miles YTD.

It's not clear to me what your pics are showing. If not too much trouble, can you give a brief summary of the pics so I can try the measurements at my end too.

Thanks
The first pic is the top chrome trim driver side door. The back door to me when closed is not level or flush enough comparing to the front driver door. I still can see and feel that the gap is more than the front door. You can see that the chrome trim when i used the ruler press on the both trims, the back door is outward more than the front door. The pic 1 to 4 will shows that the back door is not flush enough with the body of the car. From 5 onwards is showing the ruler is flush to both front and back doors due to measuring at the passenger side front and back door. My car is brand new under 500 miles. Lexus dealer already ask to bring the car in the shop. I will post an update. Hope this help.
Old 06-12-24, 09:20 PM
JeeX
10th Gear

Update: My car still at the dealership since May 31 and no one has update me of anything so i called them on June 7th. The service adiser said "Your car is in the bodyshop and we are waiting for Lexus engineer to take a look and our service manager still in the meeting and will call you asap". So I told the service adviser that I found out about Lexus service bulletin on 2021-2022 L-SB-0031-22 Wind noise from the rear left door.
But in my case I can hear from driver side door near the back door. So i don't know if its related. And also the door gap when closed the Rear left door is not even like the rest of the doors. Since then i still have not heard from them. Any thought on this?
Old 06-13-24, 06:48 AM
MAMOSKO
Driver

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Glad you're running down all possiblities

Update: My car still at the dealership since May 31 and no one has update me of anything so i called them on June 7th. The service adiser said "Your car is in the bodyshop and we are waiting for Lexus engineer to take a look and our service manager still in the meeting and will call you asap". So I told the service adviser that I found out about Lexus service bulletin on 2021-2022 L-SB-0031-22 Wind noise from the rear left door.
But in my case I can hear from driver side door near the back door. So i don't know if its related. And also the door gap when closed the Rear left door is not even like the rest of the doors. Since then i still have not heard from them. Any thought on this?
When reading the responses on your post, I was wondering how you identified the noise as coming from that trim issue and was going to suggest that it could be the back window pane issue.

In late 2022, I had noise in my '22 ES appearing to originate from the drivers door glass area (my wife couldn't hear it from the passenger side either). As I recall the noise began around 45mph and peaked at +65mph. I took the car in withe noise complaint and the Dealer notified me of the recall notice for rear glass. They replaced the stationary rear left side glass and the annoying wind noise was eliminated. I hope they get to the bottom of your noise issue soon.
Old 06-13-24, 01:36 PM
24ES350Fsport
1st Gear

Slightly off topic here. Just got my very first Lexus 2024 ES 350 F-Sport roughly 3 months ago with only 5 miles on the odometer and now 490 miles but already has Upper and Lower oil pans leaking. It is currently at Lexus dealer for approval of repair. Maybe it is my bad luck or these car were not really that well built in the first place? The uneven gaps are here and there on my car too but because I like the design of the ES 350 so much I bought it anyway thinking I can live with it, but never expected it a brand new engine leaking oil. I suspected it was leaking before I bought it at 5 miles, but who would checking underneath of a spanking new Lexus before taking possession?

After wiped off the oil it still seeping

Last edited by 24ES350Fsport; 06-13-24 at 01:50 PM.
Old Yesterday, 02:46 PM
ConanTheLibrarian
Rookie

Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts

yikes!!!! that not good!