ES - 7th Gen (2019-present) Discussion topics related to 2019+ ES models

Unlockin Windows and Moonroof

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-24, 10:25 PM
Paddler213
Driver

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
Default Unlockin Windows and Moonroof

The manual says holding the unlock button down on the key fob down will lower the windows and open the moonroof, but that function has to be configured at the dealer. Anybody have this done? How long does it take?
Old 03-25-24, 05:53 AM
jimbosr1
Racer

Received 153 Likes on 120 Posts

Takes no time at all after they connect tech stream to the cars computer.Have them set it up for the key to close everything up when you put the key in the drivers door handle.

Last edited by jimbosr1; 03-25-24 at 05:56 AM.
Old 03-25-24, 06:08 AM
alextv
Instructor

Received 156 Likes on 137 Posts

Go through the list of all Dealer only customizable features and see what you want to change. There is a 1 time within 10,000 miles the changes will be done for free. Or you can get an interface cable with techstream and do it yourself. There might be changes you want to try out and possibly change later such as number of turn signal flashes. I settled for 7.
Old 03-25-24, 06:34 AM
Shaboom
Racer

Received 446 Likes on 311 Posts

Originally Posted by alextv
Go through the list of all Dealer only customizable features and see what you want to change. There is a 1 time within 10,000 miles the changes will be done for free. Or you can get an interface cable with techstream and do it yourself. There might be changes you want to try out and possibly change later such as number of turn signal flashes. I settled for 7.
Shat is this last setting, “…number of turn signal flashed?”
Old 03-25-24, 07:00 AM
alextv
Instructor

Originally Posted by Shaboom
Shat is this last setting, “…number of turn signal flashed?”
Guess you meant what. When you push up turn signal without pushing all the way to turn on the default is 3 flashes and can be set up to 7.
Old 03-25-24, 07:03 AM
KennyFSU
Instructor

Received 295 Likes on 187 Posts

Does anyone know if Carista (or similar apps) can turn that feature on?
Old 03-25-24, 03:34 PM
bc6152
Lead Lap

Received 1,262 Likes on 882 Posts

Originally Posted by KennyFSU
Does anyone know if Carista (or similar apps) can turn that feature on?
You can go on their web site and check to see what features Carista can change on a Lexus.
I have it on my car but it's been almost 6 years and I can't remember if I did it or the dealer. Also changed the turn signal number of flashes from 3 to 5... I didn't know about inserting a key into the door handle to close windows and sun roof. That's news to me...
Old 03-25-24, 03:53 PM
Paddler213
Driver

I don't care how many times the turn signals flash and I don't see myself taking the mechanical key out of the fob to close the windows and moonroof. I will take it into the dealer and have them program the remote to open the windows and sunroof as that's useful on hot days. Funny, I asked our salesman if that feature was on the car as it is on our 2000 BMW 528i, and he said "No". Glad I stumbled onto it in the manual. I wonder why customizing that feature isn't possible from the infotainment screen.
Old 03-25-24, 04:28 PM
ESh
Lead Lap

Received 901 Likes on 681 Posts

You can change that with Carista and Techstream.
Old 03-25-24, 05:00 PM
Paddler213
Driver

Originally Posted by ESh
You can change that with Carista and Techstream.
It looks like the Carista requires a subscription. I won't be doing that.
Old 03-26-24, 06:02 AM
bc6152
Lead Lap

Received 1,262 Likes on 882 Posts

Originally Posted by Paddler213
It looks like the Carista requires a subscription. I won't be doing that.
Deleted...
Old 03-28-24, 02:54 PM
Paddler213
Driver

I'm thinking about changing my own oil, as the dealer wants $75 to do it and I can do it for half that. What's the least expensive way to be able to reset the service reminder? I've seen the interface cable for ~$55, and i believe techstream is a free download. Having that will allow me to customize the Dealer only options also. The Carista looks to be a subscription service which I don't like.
Old 03-28-24, 03:00 PM
alextv
Instructor

I'm thinking about changing my own oil, as the dealer wants $75 to do it and I can do it for half that. What's the least expensive way to be able to reset the service reminder? I've seen the interface cable for ~$55, and i believe techstream is a free download. Having that will allow me to customize the Dealer only options also. The Carista looks to be a subscription service which I don't like.
If this is a new car the first oil change is free and service reminder reset is user available in vehicle settings.
Old 03-28-24, 03:18 PM
Paddler213
Driver

If this is a new car the first oil change is free and service reminder reset is user available in vehicle settings.
Thanks for that. I know the first oil change/tire rotation is free, I plan on having that done at 5000 miles. During the signing of the papers when we bought the car, the guy explained all the optional protection packages the offer, despite the fact that I'd already told him I don't want any of them. Went I went through that when buying my Expedition the guy was very high pressure, to the point where I asked him how many times I had to say "No". or "F*** No" before he got the message. I was very pissed off. I related that experience to the Lexus guy, he wasn't quite as bad but still tried to tack on some crap.

I bought the two oil change package for $150, but if the oil filter is fairly easily accessible I'll just do it myself after that. My BMW R1250RS requires an OBD scan device, etc, as resetting the service interval is dealer only, so it's nice to know that doing in the Lexus is owner doable.
Old 03-28-24, 03:37 PM
alextv
Instructor

Thanks for that. I know the first oil change/tire rotation is free, I plan on having that done at 5000 miles. During the signing of the papers when we bought the car, the guy explained all the optional protection packages the offer, despite the fact that I'd already told him I don't want any of them. Went I went through that when buying my Expedition the guy was very high pressure, to the point where I asked him how many times I had to say "No". or "F*** No" before he got the message. I was very pissed off. I related that experience to the Lexus guy, he wasn't quite as bad but still tried to tack on some crap.

I bought the two oil change package for $150, but if the oil filter is fairly easily accessible I'll just do it myself after that. My BMW R1250RS requires an OBD scan device, etc, as resetting the service interval is dealer only, so it's nice to know that doing in the Lexus is owner doable.
So you are good for 3 oil changes to 15k miles. It is not hard at all to do as I always do mine to make sure it is done properly and oil put back in engine. A mechanic can be distracted working on 3 cars go to parts counter and come back thinking he put oil in car. Engine upon driving will be ruined and you will get a remanufactured at not cost but there is nothing like factory. It happens at all dealerships but rare. As for techstream it allows you to keep changing your custom settings to what you like.

Quick Reply: Unlockin Windows and Moonroof