EV Chat General discussion about electrified Lexus, other EV vehicle manufacturers and BEV, PHEV related industry news.

EQS Ownership Megathread

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-23, 09:53 PM
UltraLux22
Instructor

Received 474 Likes on 324 Posts
Default 2023 MB EQS Sedan cargo mat/net setup

Has anyone with an EQS Sedan considered this setup? According to an MB parts agent, there isn't an OEM option available, at least for the cargo all-weather mat.

Amazon Amazon
Amazon Amazon
Attached Thumbnails EQS Ownership Megathread-91zn4egxqdl._ac_sl1500_.jpg   EQS Ownership Megathread-912kknqvbgl._ac_sl1500_.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
AMIRZA786 (10-31-23)
Old 10-30-23, 11:53 PM
LeX2K
Lexus Champion

Received 2,759 Likes on 2,334 Posts

Not a fan of those generic black liners things slide around. But if that's all you can buy. The cargo net is nice.
Old 10-31-23, 06:56 AM
UltraLux22
Instructor

Originally Posted by LeX2K
Not a fan of those generic black liners; things slide around. But if that's all you can buy. The cargo net is nice.
I’m not either! Weathertech has what appears to be a higher quality, likely more “rubbery” type for $155, which I just found. It surprised me that MB didn’t have an OEM all-weather cargo liner. I discovered this after I brought the EQS home and thought at first that they forgot to put one in, considering I had all-weather mats for all four other seats. I contacted the dealer, and I was informed they didn’t come with them. I always opt for the all-weather mats because carpet wouldn’t stand a chance. Trying to keep carpet mats clean is, at least for me, a nearly impossible task. An exercise in futility! When hauling groceries, I’d always worry about leakage or something similar. This was also my first lift-back or a vehicle similar to an suv where the seats fold down essentially expanding the cargo area. The parts agent said that this is a similar setup to many of their SUVs in which cargo liners aren’t offered either.
The net is a must for me to help minimize the roll-around issue you mentioned.
Old 10-31-23, 08:08 AM
LeX2K
Lexus Champion

Carpeted mats can't be cleaned. Even after scrubbing and pressure washing, after dry I shake them and dust comes out. They look nice I guess. You're right hardly any options for your car I found a couple like this one
https://autofrontmask.com/en-ca/prod...-eqs-2020-2022
never heard of this company
The following 2 users liked this post by LeX2K:
AMIRZA786 (10-31-23), UltraLux22 (11-06-23)
Old 11-01-23, 10:16 AM
UltraLux22
Instructor

Default Mercedes Benz EQS Acceleration Upgrade Service

I couldn't pass up on Mercedes-Benz's unbeatable one-month free trial offer, which means I'll have the chance to take my EQS sedan for a ride with the upgraded acceleration monthly service. It's like giving my car a dose of "electrical steroids," and I can't wait to see how it performs! Of course, I hope the increased speed and torque doesn't turn me into an overly aggressive driver or make me feel like I'm Michael Schumacher on the road. But the ability to turn my already impressive car into a "mini 580" for a fraction of the cost is definitely intriguing. As if I needed another reason to love my EV even more! However, I have a feeling that once the trial is over, I'll miss the extra boost in performance. I'm already bracing myself for the inevitable PCT withdrawal, but I'm curious if any other EQS drivers have given this service a try and what their thoughts are on it.

Here are the specs for the upgrade at a glance:

Unleash enhanced performance for your car
Noticeable improvement in acceleration of 0.8 to 1.0 seconds (0-60 MPH)
Adjustment of the motor characteristic curve, torque and maximum output
Increased acceleration available irrespective of the DYNAMIC SELECT drive program
Boost the performance of your Mercedes-EQ
The feeling of driving your Mercedes-EQ is a new experience every day – particularly its powerful, immediate acceleration. Acceleration Increase boosts this performance even further: electronically increasing the motor's output also increases the torque significantly, giving you a faster 0-to-60 MPH time. Acceleration power you can feel.

Your advantages at a glance
Fine-tuning of the electric motors increases the maximum motor output (kW) of your Mercedes-EQ by 20 to 24%, depending on the original output from the factory. The torque is also increased, enabling your vehicle to accelerate noticeably faster and more powerfully. This shortens the time it takes to accelerate from 0 to 60 MPH by around 0.8 to 0.9 seconds. This additional output is available in all DYNAMIC SELECT drive programs.

Performance boost at a glance
Model Output Increase Acceleration Change (from 0 to 60 mph) Pricing

EQS 450 4MATIC Sedan From 355 hp to 435 hp (+80 hp) From 5.3 s to 4.5 s (-0.8 s)
Monthly: $90/month

Yearly: $900/year

Lifetime of Vehicle: $2,950
AMIRZA786 (11-01-23)
Old 11-01-23, 10:19 AM
signdetres
Racer

Received 884 Likes on 508 Posts

In my experience, the biggest difference is in the 50-60 range and also around 90. With the boost, those higher speeds are noticeably a lot punchier but once you hit 90, it feels like it gets a "second wind" of sorts and wants to pull even harder into triple digits. I found it a little addicting, ended up getting a speeding ticket at 96 mph 🙃 I went back to cruising after that lol
UltraLux22 (11-01-23)
Old 11-01-23, 10:42 AM
UltraLux22
Instructor

Originally Posted by signdetres
In my experience, the biggest difference is in the 50-60 range and also around 90. With the boost, those higher speeds are noticeably a lot punchier but once you hit 90, it feels like it gets a "second wind" of sorts and wants to pull even harder into triple digits. I found it a little addicting, ended up getting a speeding ticket at 96 mph 🙃 I went back to cruising after that lol
UGH!!! You just HAD to go and make it sound that much better! Now I really can't wait to try it! LOL!!!🥹
signdetres (11-01-23)
Old 11-01-23, 10:52 AM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Received 1,993 Likes on 1,542 Posts

I bought the Performance upgrade for my Polestar last year, which boosted power from 408 hp to 479 hp/502 ft-lbs Torque, which changed the whole dynamics of the car. It was well worth the $1200 I paid. I may later on buy the Performance upgrade for my Y, but currently I feel it has all the power it needs
The following 2 users liked this post by AMIRZA786:
signdetres (11-01-23), UltraLux22 (11-01-23)
Old 11-01-23, 11:13 AM
jrmckinley
Pole Position

Received 347 Likes on 237 Posts

Originally Posted by UltraLux22
I couldn't pass up on Mercedes-Benz's unbeatable one-month free trial offer, which means I'll have the chance to take my EQS sedan for a ride with the upgraded acceleration monthly service. It's like giving my car a dose of "electrical steroids," and I can't wait to see how it performs! Of course, I hope the increased speed and torque doesn't turn me into an overly aggressive driver or make me feel like I'm Michael Schumacher on the road. But the ability to turn my already impressive car into a "mini 580" for a fraction of the cost is definitely intriguing. As if I needed another reason to love my EV even more! However, I have a feeling that once the trial is over, I'll miss the extra boost in performance. I'm already bracing myself for the inevitable PCT withdrawal, but I'm curious if any other EQS drivers have given this service a try and what their thoughts are on it.

Here are the specs for the upgrade at a glance:

Unleash enhanced performance for your car
Noticeable improvement in acceleration of 0.8 to 1.0 seconds (0-60 MPH)
Adjustment of the motor characteristic curve, torque and maximum output
Increased acceleration available irrespective of the DYNAMIC SELECT drive program
Boost the performance of your Mercedes-EQ
The feeling of driving your Mercedes-EQ is a new experience every day – particularly its powerful, immediate acceleration. Acceleration Increase boosts this performance even further: electronically increasing the motor's output also increases the torque significantly, giving you a faster 0-to-60 MPH time. Acceleration power you can feel.

Your advantages at a glance
Fine-tuning of the electric motors increases the maximum motor output (kW) of your Mercedes-EQ by 20 to 24%, depending on the original output from the factory. The torque is also increased, enabling your vehicle to accelerate noticeably faster and more powerfully. This shortens the time it takes to accelerate from 0 to 60 MPH by around 0.8 to 0.9 seconds. This additional output is available in all DYNAMIC SELECT drive programs.

Performance boost at a glance
Model Output Increase Acceleration Change (from 0 to 60 mph) Pricing

EQS 450 4MATIC Sedan From 355 hp to 435 hp (+80 hp) From 5.3 s to 4.5 s (-0.8 s)
Monthly: $90/month

Yearly: $900/year

Lifetime of Vehicle: $2,950
That's very cool, excited to hear about it.
Old 11-01-23, 11:56 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,649 Likes on 1,902 Posts

What does it do to range? Anything?
Old 11-01-23, 12:07 PM
signdetres
Racer

Received 884 Likes on 508 Posts

Originally Posted by SW17LS
Range isn’t affected unless you can’t keep your foot out of it
UltraLux22 (11-01-23)
Old 11-01-23, 12:18 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Received 1,993 Likes on 1,542 Posts

As @signdetres already mentioned, very little. My Polestar's efficiency has actually improved due to all the OTA updates, although gaining almost an additional 100 hp
Old 11-01-23, 12:41 PM
UltraLux22
Instructor

Upon your mention, I realized that I hadn't given much thought to the impact of the matter at hand. It does raise the question of how significant this bump in performance will impact vehicle range. Ultimately, this realization becomes of negligible importance, further reinforcing my belief that having an EV, especially for the sake of appearing environmentally conscious, is not my primary reason for going "electric". Having that data point at my fingertips is undoubtedly worth knowing, albeit an afterthought or, in this case, a never-thought. After all, knowledge is power. However, when it comes down to it, my need for speed takes precedence. Let's be honest; the likelihood of it serving as a deterrent is minuscule. Nonetheless, good catch on your part!
Old 11-01-23, 12:59 PM
UltraLux22
Instructor

Originally Posted by signdetres
Range isn't affected unless you can't keep your foot out of it
When attempting to comprehend the energy expenditure capabilities of an EV versus an ICE vehicle, I believe it is reasonable to assume that a car with a larger engine, such as a V8 as opposed to a 4-banger, will consume more fuel, even when both are driven gently and at an equally constant speed with regards to fuel and energy efficiency. This is due to the larger engine's fuel requirements and displacement. However, the energy consumption of an electric vehicle is directly proportional to the performance required at any given time. This is because an EV operates differently from an ICE car and only uses the energy needed to meet the demand placed on it. As a result, an EV's energy consumption is more efficient and predictable than that of an ICE car. So, for me, that means that even with the upgrade in performance the acceleration upgrade provides, it's about the potential or what is now "available" versus how an ICE engine of the same capability would utilize as a comparison. I am no engineer and certainly not a gearhead, so I have no idea if this logically makes sense or holds true. I am expressing my thoughts and attempting to understand my rationale on the topic.

Last edited by UltraLux22; 11-01-23 at 01:03 PM.
LeX2K (11-01-23)
Old 11-01-23, 01:02 PM
LeX2K
Lexus Champion

Assuming zero efficiency improvements from the update (there may be some not uncommon) you're going to use more energy because EV power is irresistible.
UltraLux22 (11-01-23)

Quick Reply: EQS Ownership Megathread