Go Back  ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion > Lexus Model Forums > IS Models > IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) > Build Threads
Redspencer's Track-Tuned IS350 w/ OS Giken LSD Build Thread >

Redspencer's Track-Tuned IS350 w/ OS Giken LSD Build Thread

Notices
Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 2IS owner vehicles

Redspencer's Track-Tuned IS350 w/ OS Giken LSD Build Thread

Old 05-15-19, 05:26 PM
coaster1
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice to see the great upgrades in a IS350. I stumbled on your thread.
I hope to get a is350 and I am curious with the F sport rear AR bar and lowering springs (swift) it wouldn't be fun and nimble and balanced. How much would you say that these 2 mods transform the car ? How does it compare to other sporty sedans you have driven? Thanks.

edit.

Last edited by coaster1; 05-16-19 at 08:28 AM.
Old Yesterday, 03:16 PM
redspencer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 73 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by coaster1 View Post
Nice to see the great upgrades in a IS350. I stumbled on your thread.
I hope to get a is350 and I am curious with the F sport rear AR bar and lowering springs (swift) it wouldn't be fun and nimble and balanced. How much would you say that these 2 mods transform the car ? How does it compare to other sporty sedans you have driven? Thanks.

edit.
Welcome to the forums. I definitely recommend a 2nd Gen IS350 as there are plenty of articles/videos of this model being a great sleeper car (0-60 in under 5 seconds).

If you do plan on starting off with the F-Sport rear sway bar with swift springs as your initial mods, you'll certainly make the IS350 a more enjoyable car to drive. The F-Sport rear sway bar is the best bang-for-your-buck handling mod to change the cornering personality of the car (essentially changing the behavior from understeer to oversteer). The swift springs will lower your center of gravity and further enhance cornering performance though I would recommend eventually upgrading to performance shocks as well or switching to coilovers in the future.

With those two specific mods, you should certainly enjoy some spirited driving with the IS350. Performance tires would also help keep you from breaking traction too early. I recommend getting a 2007+ IS350 as you can easily disable stability control by long-pressing the button (the 06 model requires you to perform a "pedal dance"). If you are looking to get an earlier model IS350 (i.e. 2006-2008), check the service records to see if the melting dash TSB was done as the dash and door panels were known to get mushy and melt for the earlier models (2009+ fixed this issue).

The 2nd Gen IS350 is certainly a fun car to own as it has a shorter wheelbase and less curb weight than most newer luxury sedans in the market.
The following users liked this post:
coaster1 (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 04:05 PM
NowSlow
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I would strongly second redapencer's comments. The basic chassis on the IS350 is well designed. It has good camber curves front and rear which you will not find on a BMW or M-B. It can be tuned for good balance with either slight oversteer or understeer. So tuned, it is an honest handling car that will not surprise you when traction comes to an end. Again more than you can say for the other two. On the other side, it has a number of faults due to insufficient sorting by the factory. Fortunately these faults are easily remedied. Thus the car is fun to work on with improvements that yield great results which are very noticeable.
The following 2 users liked this post by NowSlow:
coaster1 (Yesterday), redspencer (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 04:27 PM
coaster1
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you both. I plan to get a 2011 in the coming months. I have read lot reviews and like the car a lot and hope to turn up the sportiness and it make more of a driver's car.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Redspencer's Track-Tuned IS350 w/ OS Giken LSD Build Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: