Notices
Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the 2015 up NX300H model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the NX300H. Please use the main forum for discussion about shared components with other first generation NX models.

How happy are you with your NX Hybrid?

Old 01-18-19, 11:42 AM
lynne924
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Disappointed in NX 300H hybrid

I'm jumping in with a negative opinion. I came off a lease of the gas NX 200, and was excited for the better mileage of the the 2019 NX 300H. I picked up the car in August, and mileage was great: 30mpg with 90% local driving, as opposed to the 19mpg I was getting on the gas NX200. As soon as the cold weather came, mileage plummeted. With this last fill up, I'm getting 23mpg. I don't know what the problem is. My guess is that the cold weather is affecting the battery power, so I'm mostly using gas. My daily commute is short, all local roads, stop and go, 10 miles back and forth, so it feels like by the time the car is fully warmed up for EV mode, I'm in the garage. I've tried adjusting my driving style to maximize EV usage, and that hasn't helped. Also, the engine transition to gas from EV mode is extremely rough. The car shakes, it's quite disconcerting. I did bring this to my dealer's attention, and he said this transition is rougher on the NX than other Lexus models. I'm due for my 6 month service next month, and I'm going to ask the dealership to do a thorough check on this car. I'm interested in hearing if anyone else has experienced this, or has any insight?

Last edited by lynne924; 01-18-19 at 11:55 AM.
Old 04-02-19, 03:58 PM
Eblong
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is our third hybrid in a row (Prius V, then an Rav4, now a NX300h.) the NX300h is quieter and more comfortable than the other two cars were, which is expected, since it is a Lexus, not "just" a Toyota.

Only have 400 miles on it so far, so it's hard to get a solid feel of gas mileage. I expect we'll get a much better feel once we get it out on the road for a few hundred mile in a few weeks. However, so far it is about the same as the Rav4 (around 30 mpg in town).
Old 04-27-19, 08:36 PM
TechNut
Lexus Test Driver

Received 61 Likes on 59 Posts

My dash is reading over 34 right now - which typically runs about 1.5 to 2 mpg higher than actual calculated mileage. I even had one tank that hit 35 calculated. I think my worst tank was during a particularly nasty/cold winter spell and we only got 28mpg. That was our worst measured mileage. I can’t even imagine how I could drive ours in such a way as to only get 23 mpg. I typically drive in eco mode, but the weather conditions definitely have a big impact on the mileage. If you aren’t getting much battery time, your mileage will definitely be reduced.

Our NX is the fourth Toyota/Lexus hybrid we have/currently owned and we have really enjoyed all of them but weather conditions are a factor in your mileage.
Old 04-28-19, 06:02 AM
pgiinc
Pole Position

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

our 2019 NX300H is such an improvement over our 2015 NX300H THe ride and engine management is vastly improved also much quieter we love it about 32 this january 35 now

Philip
2019 ES300h UL eminent white pearl/chateau
2019 NX300h L eminent white pearl/crème
gone
2016 ES300h UL eminent white pearl/parchment
2015 NX300h L atomic silver/black

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How happy are you with your NX Hybrid?

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: