RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Very Disappointed with Carbon Exchange AKA LRCSALES (resolved)

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-17, 12:07 AM
isfvss
Racer

Received 139 Likes on 110 Posts

They are rubbish get your money back and don't have any further dealings with him.
Old 09-05-17, 10:05 AM
shadow1118
Intermediate

Received 43 Likes on 38 Posts

I concur with the rubbish part, looks like he tried to make it work but he couldn't. idk in the car scene things gotta be nice and look good. is what it is
Old 09-06-17, 02:02 AM
ba2sy
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

You're not the only one man... I ordered my Front Lower Grill Piece in CF in May 2017. He gave updates a long the way with pictures. There were flaws that would be corrected. Then, I got the product on August 29th. I found 2 major carbon fiber weave flaws that are very visible in person but not as much in pictures. It's in the middle 1/3 of the whole piece.

He's a nice guy via text. But he will be more awesome if we get our refunds.
Old 09-06-17, 12:29 PM
Ne1tHeRe
Instructor

Received 111 Likes on 107 Posts

Wow. That is horrible. Sorry to see and hear guys. I pray this gets straightened out with full refunds.
Old 09-07-17, 10:40 AM
vuong05
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Terrible/shoddy workmanship. Get a refund as that is simply not acceptable.
Old 09-07-17, 01:23 PM
Suburbazin
Driver

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

I'm curious as to how one botches the carbon fiber weave like that and still releases it as a finished product. I've wrapped some stuff and even molded some stuff and never tore the weave like that.
Old 09-07-17, 04:21 PM
MAizz
Lead Lap

Received 72 Likes on 50 Posts

Just came across this thread and want to give my two cents.. I don't know any parties involved here and am not offering my services, so please do not ask. I used to be a vendor under the name MaizzRunner but stopped because it didn't make sense to pay to offer services since it's my hobby, not my career. When I was starting out, I actually gave up and sent my trim to the aforementioned "Carbon Fiber Element" out of NJ. When I got it back it was good, but still had some areas where it wasn't perfect - in no way bashing them and still recommend their work to many people.

With that said, I still work with carbon fiber almost daily on my own car/projects and know how the process is done and what should be expected. Unless you are using the most state of the art pre-preg or infusion methods (very costly to the fabricator and consumer), there will be blemishes. Even with the amount I do, there are still pieces from time to time that have issues with small bubbles, gaps in the weave, or adhesion problems. If there is any issue with adhesion to the core piece, the whole time consuming process starts over, so you can have some lengthy delays. Bubbles can be managed in a couple different ways, but they are a by-product of the resin-hardener chemical reaction so they will inevitably occur. The weave can also be distorted around complex curves/shapes, however, the distortion pictured is pretty severe and can't really defend that, IMO that piece should have been immediately redone (with the rest if the customer isn't happy).

I have no idea what actually happened in this transaction/dispute, but I've been on both sides of this type of carbon work so just trying to shed some general light. Most issues can be resolved with professional and timely communication throughout the process/transaction.

LRCSALES: In my opinion, the pictured pieces were not of acceptable quality - not bashing your work as a whole, but these pieces specifically. I would at least send your customer progress pictures/videos in the future so that if they aren't happy you can address it immediately and can hopefully avoid issues such as this one.

Last edited by MAizz; 09-07-17 at 04:27 PM. Reason: added content
Old 09-07-17, 08:35 PM
mjn88
Lead Lap

Received 145 Likes on 96 Posts

This should seriously be discussed between them. I have no idea why this is even a thread. It's really none of our business to be getting involved in. Someone made a mistake and it should be taken care of between them. Thats it, no need to put people on blast.
The following users liked this post:
BossMoss (09-08-17)
Old 09-07-17, 08:44 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,866 Likes on 1,316 Posts

Originally Posted by MAizz
Just came across this thread and want to give my two cents.
Hey Guy

Did you not see my Post #14 on the preceding page?

You did FANTASTIC work for me

Lou
Old 09-08-17, 07:49 AM
MAizz
Lead Lap

Received 72 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by mjn88
This should seriously be discussed between them. I have no idea why this is even a thread. It's really none of our business to be getting involved in. Someone made a mistake and it should be taken care of between them. Thats it, no need to put people on blast.
I agree it should be between them. I'm not trying to blast anyone either, just saying stuff happens to everyone. I've had many jobs that needed to be redone, thrown out, refunded, etc. Just wanted to give some general info about things that can go wrong with the process for those who may not know the specifics of carbon fiber. It is a difficult and time consuming process so kudos to those who work with it, if it was easy carbon fiber vinyl wrap wouldn't be a thing (not blasting vinyl either, I use it myself ).

Originally Posted by flowrider
Hey Guy
Did you not see my Post #14 on the preceding page?
You did FANTASTIC work for me
Lou
I did see it, thank you! If you recall I actually had to redo one of your covers midway through.
flowrider (09-08-17)
Old 09-08-17, 08:51 AM
RCFormante
Supercharged!

Received 61 Likes on 26 Posts

I received the full refund, but the ate the ~$18 return shipping cost. Thanks guys, problem resolved!
BossMoss (09-08-17)
Old 09-08-17, 10:03 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,866 Likes on 1,316 Posts

Originally Posted by MAizz
If you recall I actually had to redo one of your covers midway through.
Sure I remember, but you told me about the issue before I received the parts and offered to send and then replace the offending piece. I chose not to go with that option, and just wait until you got it right. And GOT IT RIGHT, you certainly did.

Lou
Old 09-08-17, 09:41 PM
shadow1118
Intermediate

Received 43 Likes on 38 Posts

yo shoot me a dm for a those bad carbon fiber pieces I'm ballin on a budget so I can buy for cheaper if you want to sell them, to get some money back, if this guy won't give you money back and cut the losses lmao
mjn88 (09-08-17)
Old 09-09-17, 07:54 PM
jkonquer
Instructor

Received 79 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by RCF500
I received the full refund, but the ate the ~$18 return shipping cost. Thanks guys, problem resolved!
Glad it worked out. It shouldn't have gone to this far only if he had refunded you the money in first place. Now he looks bad as well as his products.