Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Detailing

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-17, 12:33 PM
Yes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Detailing

I tried searching, but couldn't find a thread for this. For those who do your own detailing, what products do you use?

For my SC, I used Zaino show car polish on the paint. Lexol leather cleaner and conditioner for the leather interior. And 303 Aerospace for the pleather and plastic interior pieces.

It didn't have any cloth like the RC interior, so I'm curious what (if anything) people use on that.

Also, does anyone know which pieces are leather and which are not? Some of the interior pieces in the SC looked like real leather but were fake.

Thanks
Old 09-02-17, 01:02 PM
Z3NK1
Lead Lap

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

Welcome to the RC side, I remember you from the SC430 forums back in the day

I used to use Zaino, but recently started using Chemical Guys products and I'm pretty impressed with them. They don't smell as good as Zaino though.

Haven't touched the interior with any products yet so I can't comment, but I think it's all nu-luxe (fake leather?)
The following users liked this post:
Yes (09-02-17)
Old 09-02-17, 01:09 PM
16GSF00336
Pole Position

Received 65 Likes on 53 Posts

Chemical Guys and Never Looked Back...

Who's Down For A Foam Party...

Yes (09-02-17)
Old 09-02-17, 01:50 PM
Yes

I'm not familiar with chemical guys. Which products do you use specifically?
Old 09-02-17, 02:52 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,865 Likes on 1,315 Posts

You may want to try searching thru some of these threads:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sea...rchid=17624005

Lou
Old 09-02-17, 06:16 PM
Spam89
Intermediate

Received 47 Likes on 44 Posts

Chemical guys products are decent. Better products out there and your RCF deserves better. A lot of pro detailers like myself do not use products from them.

Last edited by Spam89; 09-02-17 at 06:19 PM.
6od (06-29-18)
Old 09-02-17, 08:17 PM
Yes

Originally Posted by Spam89
Chemical guys products are decent. Better products out there and your RCF deserves better. A lot of pro detailers like myself do not use products from them.
What would you recommend? Not worried about price. Just want the best result.
Old 09-02-17, 08:58 PM
myidsucks
Driver School Candidate

Received 24 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Spam89
If you get a chance, please let me know what you use on black cars. I'm using Black Box but the results on the RCF just aren't as good as I want.
Old 09-03-17, 02:33 AM
mjn88
Lead Lap

Received 145 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by Liquid SC
I would recommend chemical guys honey dew foam shampoo if you're using a pressure washer. If not, I'd use meguiars wash/wax (yellow soap) or meguiars gold class for traditional 2 bucket wash system. By the way, Chemical guys and Adams products are from the same distributor so a lot of their products are exactly the same. You really don't need to spend crazy money on products. I've done my homework and spent the money on buying a lot of different products from many different companies. A lot of the expensive products are over priced for what they are. Meguiars, Griots garage, AMMO, and Sonax are just a couple companies that carry good quality detailing products. Always look for PH balanced products so it's not too aggressive. Don't forget Toyota/Lexus paint is very soft and will cause swirls very easily if not washed and protected correctly. If you have any questions PM me and I can help you out deciding.

Last edited by mjn88; 09-03-17 at 02:38 AM.
Old 09-03-17, 03:17 AM
Freds430
Pole Position

Received 1,099 Likes on 713 Posts

Leather conditioner and cleaner, I use Zaino. It makes the leather smell like new again. Paint once a year I clay bar. Than use Chemical Guys Jet Seal for one year protection. Follow this up with Zaino Z2 for shine and finish with Collinite 845 Insulator wax. Never heard of this until a week ago on another forum. Researched it and gets great reviews. Did both our RX and ES. It is like using a thin oil. Goes on easy and buff off in 5 minutes. Incredible the shine and beading. Wash my car for the first time yesterday and never have had the side panels bead water like this before.
Old 09-03-17, 04:59 AM
charley95
Pole Position

Received 537 Likes on 390 Posts

Adam's for me! I've used so many products through the years and found I get the best results from his product. There are so many opinions as to what's best so, who knows!
Old 09-03-17, 05:13 AM
FastFord
Racer

Received 345 Likes on 261 Posts

Menzerna sf4500, sf3000, Power Lock, 3M Ultra fine machine polish, Meguiars M105, M205, Wolfgang various...

Tons of good products, most good ones very similar, some more user friendly.

Some/one of these helps.

Last edited by FastFord; 09-03-17 at 05:22 AM.
Old 09-03-17, 05:48 AM
Spam89
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Liquid SC
Originally Posted by myidsucks
If you get a chance, please let me know what you use on black cars. I'm using Black Box but the results on the RCF just aren't as good as I want.
Chemical guys products are products that we tend not to use. They try to market to the vast majority of the buyers who do not know anything about detailing a car the right way. They might make 10 different types of tire shine claiming that they will do different things, but in the end, they are just the same product (marketing). Products that are most favorable are products from sonax, carpro, gyeon, griots, and menzerna.
The most important thing is the technique in which you wash your car. You want to pressure wash the whole car very thoroughly. If you have not yet, use iron x after reading the direction to reduce the number of contaminants that are embedded on the surface of the paint. If you have not yet, you want to apply a ceramic coating on black cars. It will make washing so much easier.

On my own vehicle, I wash my vehicle every 1 or 2 weeks. If you do not maintain your vehicle, it will have more contaminants embedded in the paint, causing more scratches and swirls (higher chance) on the next wash. I never use a quick detailer or any type of microfiber towel on my cars or any other cars that I detail. I strictly use a leaf blower to dry the car and having ceramic coating will reduce the dry time significantly. P.M. for the products and I will send it to you.
6od (06-29-18)
Old 09-03-17, 07:51 AM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 128 Likes on 107 Posts

Just let the dealership take care of the detailing.... they fk it up, they replace it.

Unless you actually enjoy scrubbing your pride and joy for hours on end, I would not waste a weekend to do a proper maintenance routine. Easy way to spend thousands of dollars in nice supplies and next thing you know you're spending three hours a week detailing each one of your cars.
Old 09-03-17, 08:23 AM
Spam89
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 97-SC300
Just let the dealership take care of the detailing.... they fk it up, they replace it.

Unless you actually enjoy scrubbing your pride and joy for hours on end, I would not waste a weekend to do a proper maintenance routine. Easy way to spend thousands of dollars in nice supplies and next thing you know you're spending three hours a week detailing each one of your cars.
I would never ever let any dealership or any other personnel detail my cars. Opt can just spend less then $300 for all products he needs to detail his car for many years to come. Dealership will probably not even fix it, then again fix it right since most of the detailers at the dealership are not experience to perform any type of paint correction.

Quick Reply: Detailing