Build Threads Details on Club Lexus LS400 owner vehicles

SafSean's LS400 VIP Style Build

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-17, 05:05 PM
SeansLS
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default SafSean's LS400 VIP Style Build

Starting this up a little late, I'd like to have somewhere to keep track of everything I've done to this car. Bought the car in February 2015 on my 18th birthday, My first car. I always wanted one of these, idk what was about them, but I was set on it. I Paid $5k for it, it's a 95 and it had 157k on it. Didn't care about the price, it's exactly what I was looking for and I got it from a nice lady who upgraded to an LS460 and this was her 3rd LS400. First thing I bought was a set of BC BR Coilovers with the Extreme Drop package and 14k F and 10K R spring rates (now I'd like a lot stiffer, but I'm kinda learning as I go here)
this is how it sat shortly after that, just wanted to get the stock wheels off, and these wheels were $200 with good tires lol (ugly I know). Ended up getting some 19x9.5 and 19x10.5 +22 ESR Sr06. Car is still on them today, no issues. However, I'm working on getting another 3 piece set of wheels, bought some 19" SSR Viennas with a plan to rebuild them but I got a pretty expensive ticket so I just flipped them for a $100 profit lol the time will come for another set, bare with me!
So then here's this stage, nothing fancy. I cut off the rear fender lip to fit the wheels, and just left the front to do their own rolling. It actually worked pretty good and I haven't touched the fenders since then. So after that I was just messing around with a bunch of cheap eBay garbage VIP stuff (don't waste your time or money there, it's pointless) As far as reliability goes, no work was done for 2 years. I needed a new battery so I picked up a Yellow Optima battery, and the starter was working off and on, but it worked most of the time. So just a couple months ago I decided it was time to take care of her since its been so reliable for me. Full Aisin TB/WP kit, Spark plugs, cap and rotor, valve cover gasket, and starter (finally) was installed from Jrod Auto Repair and Racing here in Vancouver Washington. Hefty bill, $1500 for labor, almost $1500 in parts. Let me know what you guys think about that. It was worth it though, the car runs amazing and I have all my power back. Got the Exhaust repaired from scraping through on both sides right after the cats. I also have all 4 o2 Sensors that I have yet to install, the check engine light is bothering me lol I also replaced the high pressure power steering hose, reservoir O ring, and did the IACV (I think that's what it's called) delete about a year ago finally no more leak haha I'm kind of going back in time now, but I picked up a David Deezign rear console and Bottle cabinet, Junction Produce Neck pads and a Flossd VIP front tray from a local guy here in the area that had them in his old GS Project. Nothing new from then for about a year, until now. Saw that JFinn was parting out his Ls400 on Instagram, I believe his build thread is actually on here. So I made the drive up to Olympia to pick us some parts from him. I got his JP Visage Front lip, Version Select Side skirts, and I also traded my rear bumper for his that had what looks to be the Version Select Lip molded to the bumper. I also snagged his Junction Produce Curtains, Fusa and Tsuna. Oh and some studio 2.1 NRCA's.

Just this last weekend I installed the NRCAs and a full set of Godspeed adjustable rear arms. Was just waiting for a nice day to change out my rear Trailing arm bushings and I should be taking it in for an alignment this week so I can feel a little more comfortable about taking the car out to Portland for the weekly Red Door Meet on Sunday.

Here's how it sat after the NRCAs and Rear Arms, I forgot to raise the Coilover on this side, made for a good picture though lol

let me know what you guys think! I probably forgot some stuff but il come back and update and check over everything when I get home from work.
The following users liked this post:
GenkiLexus (07-16-20)
Old 05-01-17, 02:01 PM
driftsucky
Pit Crew

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

I LOVE your car man. So clean and simple. I prefer the clean look as opposed to a bunch of the gaudy stuff. And personally, I think these cars can easily achieve a bunch of different looks (sporty, VIP, dd) with just the proper stance. Keep up the good work.
Old 05-02-17, 03:12 PM
SeansLS
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by driftsucky
I LOVE your car man. So clean and simple. I prefer the clean look as opposed to a bunch of the gaudy stuff. And personally, I think these cars can easily achieve a bunch of different looks (sporty, VIP, dd) with just the proper stance. Keep up the good work.
Thanks, I appreciate it! and I agree, these cars can pull of any look you can give them!
Old 05-02-17, 09:54 PM
ultm8mind
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

One you drop the real wheels on it'll look even better. Should have just spent the little extra on a set of good used real wheels that can fit. Nice start and nice pics.
Old 05-03-17, 09:34 PM
Sc0pe
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

...why didn't you just get the right lip... Everything else looks great though
Old 05-03-17, 11:25 PM
SeansLS
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Sc0pe
...why didn't you just get the right lip... Everything else looks great though
he had it for sale, and it was already painted. I did forget to say that that's not the final fit, the bottom of the lip is basically bolted to the bottom of the stock bumper. So it's sitting at stock height, needs to be mounted lower. Should be getting that done soon
Old 05-21-17, 12:57 PM
SeansLS
Driver School Candidate

After final alignment, front passenger tire is rubbing on something again have all new tires on the way. Once I get those on ill figure out what's going on there, then I'll take it out to the meet. Here's some recent pictures. I finally like the car from the rear also was messing around with some left over vinyl from my pillars and put some pin stripes on the tail lights, might stay, might not

The following users liked this post:
GenkiLexus (07-16-20)
Old 05-22-17, 09:21 AM
driftsucky
Pit Crew

I like it
Old 05-22-17, 05:42 PM
timmy0tool

Received 418 Likes on 372 Posts

nice progress! what NRCA are you running? when i installed mine i got way more front negative camber than that. maybe that's on purpose on your car bc i went through front tires so much haha.
Old 07-28-17, 03:25 PM
SeansLS
Driver School Candidate

Been a little while, a kid backed straight into my car while I wasn't even moving, he said he didn't see me lol who knows
Old 07-28-17, 03:38 PM
SeansLS
Driver School Candidate

Got my car back a couple weeks ago from the body shop, total bill was $5.9K lol all I had to pay was $45 because they "only have to repair to previous conditions" and I recently rattle canned the top section of the front bumper, I used a ton of clear So it looked okay. But I guess they could tell lol I didn't mind though it needed new paint anyway. Pic dump coming your way, interior pics as well haha I also finished lowering my daughters LS400

The following 2 users liked this post by SeansLS:
driftsucky (08-07-17), GenkiLexus (07-16-20)
Old 08-07-17, 05:26 PM
driftsucky
Pit Crew

friggin winning sir. That is too friggin cute. lol