Notices
SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

swichbacks

Old 07-05-19, 12:26 PM
leexed
Rookie

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Default swichbacks

Had to shut off the factory DRLs, but needed a replacement. Decided to make the front turn signal lights bright white DRLs with amber led turn signals when needed. Happy with results.
Attached Files
File Type: mov
switchbacks 003.MOV (1.68 MB, 22 views)
Old 07-05-19, 02:18 PM
GmanSC
Lexus Test Driver

Received 88 Likes on 83 Posts

I like it. What did you do? What’s product did you get?
Old 07-05-19, 02:33 PM
leexed
Rookie

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

It is not that difficult or expensive. Purchased 2 led switchback bulbs. They should not be very much bigger than the stock bulbs, clearance is an issue. Also when purchasing the bulbs they must be a type two. The car requires bulbs for a "ck" socket. Regular led switchbacks bulbs will blow the fuse! The stock sockets already are dual contact, but the supply wire only has two wires, one t/s and one ground. I went to the boneyard and sniped a third supply terminal from a Toyota loom to supply a drl feed. Thanks for the interest!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: swichbacks

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: