SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Techstream & Cable Problem and solutions

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-19, 02:22 PM
GmanSC
Pole Position

Received 544 Likes on 413 Posts

All right, that’s great. But you're still not done yet until you can connect to your car.

Ok, run Techstream, connect the cable, turn the ignition to ON, go to function, click on connect to vehicle automatic. If you don’t see the message “unable to connect to VIM” then you are OK.

From there, you can explore Techstream.
First thing I would do is turn off that ugly DRLs. It's in lighting tab. When you are there, turn off the 30 second delay in Auto Lighting.
You can run Health Check your car. You can see the TPMS voltages for each tire. You can program another spare key. Just explore it.

Last edited by GmanSC; 02-08-19 at 03:01 PM.
The following users liked this post:
AzL460 (01-10-23)
Old 02-08-19, 03:34 PM
DJWLDW
Pole Position

Received 420 Likes on 312 Posts

GmanSC

I had already done that I mean as far as connecting to the car and I did it twice just to make sure it indeed was working. I did the health check item already, I looked at the customization screen. Is that where turning off the DRL's is at? I saw the TPMS pressure for each tire at 32.. I turned off the DRL's on the LS using the Carista app. I ran the Health check on all the ECU's was not sure what it was telling me but I ran it. Thanks again for all the help in walking me through this.

Dennis
Old 02-08-19, 03:42 PM
DshngDaryl
Pole Position

Received 458 Likes on 384 Posts

Here are some videos to get you started: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=techstream
Harold57 (02-09-19)
Old 02-08-19, 03:46 PM
Randy B
Advanced

Received 80 Likes on 55 Posts

Firmware updater. Guys, I'm missing this part of the adapter software. Would one of you mind uploading that part so I could download?

Randy B
Old 02-08-19, 04:12 PM
GmanSC
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Randy B
Firmware updater. Guys, I'm missing this part of the adapter software. Would one of you mind uploading that part so I could download?

Randy B
Cable firmware is factory burned into eprom and not upgradeable
Old 02-08-19, 05:17 PM
Randy B
Advanced

Originally Posted by GmanSC
Cable firmware is factory burned into eprom and not upgradeable
Hmm, I can't get the cable software to start up. I have techstream up working, however not the adapter and I can't find my mini disc.
Old 02-08-19, 06:28 PM
GmanSC
Pole Position

Hmm, I can't get the cable software to start up. I have techstream up working, however not the adapter and I can't find my mini disc.
Sorry, I don’t really understand your problem. The cable has no software, it has a built in firmware.
What is the symptoms? Can’t connect to VIM?
Old 02-09-19, 01:31 PM
DJWLDW
Pole Position

GmanSC

Ok went and turned off the DRL's and turned off the 30 second delay. I ran the health check and all block turn white from Yellow so it is communicating with all the ECU's. This is what it showed:

Under AC in the DTC Column it showed B1421 and B1424

Under Tilt & Telescopic in the DTC column it showed B2621 with a light blue gear or snow flake to the right?

Under Com it had 3241000 in the calibration column with a question mark to the right

Under ECT it had 52411000 in the calibration column with a question mark to the right

Those were the only blocks which had any input listed in them any where on the page.

Dennis
Old 02-09-19, 02:06 PM
Randy B
Advanced

Originally Posted by GmanSC
Sorry, I don’t really understand your problem. The cable has no software, it has a built in firmware.
What is the symptoms? Can’t connect to VIM?
When I plug in the cable, I don't receive the pop up with the cable prompts. I can launch Techstream separately. Something with the MIni VCI software is missing. For instance, post 147 screen shot. I am unable to get that that page to appear.
Old 02-09-19, 02:29 PM
DJWLDW
Pole Position

Randy B

Just a thought because the world knows that I had lots of issues getting mine up and running. Is the Mini VCI firmware unzipped?

Dennis
Old 02-09-19, 04:42 PM
GmanSC
Pole Position

When I plug in the cable, I don't receive the pop up with the cable prompts. I can launch Techstream separately. Something with the MIni VCI software is missing. For instance, post 147 screen shot. I am unable to get that that page to appear.
Randy,
That page is in Setup, VIM select.

I received my cables and a mini disk, on the mini disk is the folder Mini VCI, when I open that folder I have three files:
1. Techstream set up file, which is application file
2. Mini VCI driver file, which is window installer file
3. Key folder. In the key folder, there are three files:
a. Key which is text file
b. Main Menu which is application file
c. Techstream which is application file

Install Techstream involves:
1. Install Techstream file
2. Install MVCI driver
3. Install Key
4. Configue the Techstream and fill in required infos

If you install Techstream correctly, you should see this screen

If Techstream installed correctly, you should see this screen

Now, connect your cable to OBD port in your car, turn ignition to ON. In the Function tab, pull down and select Connect To Vehicle Auto

If everything is right, you should see a pop up window with your SC info, include VIN num. If you see a pop up window "Unable to connect to VIM", means you have problem with the MVCI driver.

If you're installing Techstream to XP window, you should not have any problem. If you do, read the first post of this thread.
If you're installing Techsream to Win 10 or an 64-bit window, you need to modify, add and delete files and the registry.

Good luck

Last edited by GmanSC; 02-09-19 at 04:56 PM.
Randy B (02-10-19)
Old 02-09-19, 10:30 PM
GmanSC
Pole Position

L
Originally Posted by DJWLDW
GmanSC

Ok went and turned off the DRL's and turned off the 30 second delay. I ran the health check and all block turn white from Yellow so it is communicating with all the ECU's. This is what it showed:

Under AC in the DTC Column it showed B1421 and B1424

Under Tilt & Telescopic in the DTC column it showed B2621 with a light blue gear or snow flake to the right?

Under Com it had 3241000 in the calibration column with a question mark to the right

Under ECT it had 52411000 in the calibration column with a question mark to the right

Those were the only blocks which had any input listed in them any where on the page.

Dennis
“Dennis,
I am sorry, I don’t have service manual or code book so I don’t know what that meant on the codes you got. May be BGW could shed some lights into this matter.
Old 02-10-19, 12:20 PM
Randy B
Advanced

Guys, I'm good. The version 13 software was the issue, when I went to 12, all connected and worked. As a reference, I'm on the 64 bit setup.
Thanks as always,
Randy B
Old 02-10-19, 01:37 PM
DJWLDW
Pole Position

Bgw70

Can you tell me what the codes in my post 173 are telling me?

Dennis
Old 03-06-20, 11:41 PM
RENEGATE28
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Need assistance with Techstream

I know this is an old thread, so I apologize in advance. I am currently in the process of installing Techstream. I have been doing my fair share of research and began reading the forum thread “techstream opportunity???” In that thread I learned that the 1.4.1 VCI cable is not the best option. I also learned that Version 13 has a bad rep for being unreliable and that version 12 is the best option. I was then redirected to this thread (post 155) where a link is provided in order to install techstream version 12. I have followed all of the steps, however I am stuck now. (I have a Dell Inspiron Duo 32 bit- windows 7 laptop just FYI). The file “MVCI Driver for TOYOTA” is not there! I cannot procede. this is what I see:

I do not have the VCI cable yet. Is this why it is not popping up? Does plugging in the cable allow the file to pop up? I’ve done everything correct up to this point, even replacing the MainMenu.exe file.

If it is the cable that I am missing, can anyone direct me to a good one? Obdii365.com states that the verified cables for this tech stream software are:
Xhorse MVCI
VXDIAG VCX NANO for Toyota

However, these are 1.4.1 cables. Aren’t the version 2 cables the one you guys are recommending. What should I get? Please let me know so I can order ASAP and start working on my car. Thank you sooo much!