ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc430-2nd-gen-2001-2010-63/)
-   -   Feedback Needed For Potential New Product: 02-09 SC430 Climate Control LCDs (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc430-2nd-gen-2001-2010/878624-feedback-needed-for-potential-new-product-02-09-sc430-climate-control-lcds.html)

TaninAuto 01-16-18 05:23 AM

Feedback Needed For Potential New Product: 02-09 SC430 Climate Control LCDs

Tanin Auto Electronix needs your feedback! We want to know which Club Lexus Members would be interested in purchasing new LCD screens for their 2002-2009 SC430 climate controls?

We are potentially developing these LCD screens if there is enough interest in them! We want to hear from you now. PM us here and tell us if you would be interested in purchasing a new LCD panel, or purchasing a repair service with us and sending in your climate control for the repair.

Used climate control units sell for $300-$400 on average and are in limited supply.

We will be selling the screens at a price of $99.99.

We value the opinions of our friends at Club Lexus and hope to be offering a new service to you all that can save you money and get those malfunctioning screens back to working order!

Ideally, if we can get 25-50 interested customers then this development will be a reality, so shoot us a message here and let us know what you think!

DaveGS4 01-21-18 08:28 PM

Copied this thread from the vendor announcements forum since folks can’t reply there.

VVTiBob 01-22-18 07:45 AM

My Climate Control LCD panel has three dead segment, PM sent with my comments and suggestions.

GTPMAGNA 01-22-18 12:02 PM

Same here, my Climate Control LCD panel also has a few dead spots. I sent the PM.

TaninAuto 01-22-18 01:41 PM

This can be a public discussion also.

There currently is no solution for the display issues. We should try and gather 25-50 people that would be interested in an LCD. Once we have interest then we can look into having them manufactured. Once that is done we can either sell the LCD's by themselves or offer the repair service for customers.

Bgw70 01-22-18 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by TaninAuto (Post 10089969)
This can be a public discussion also.

There currently is no solution for the display issues. We should try and gather 25-50 people that would be interested in an LCD. Once we have interest then we can look into having them manufactured. Once that is done we can either sell the LCD's by themselves or offer the repair service for customers.

I have no idea how much this would cost so if I am out line please forgive me. It seems like $50 might be the my high end. Would it be just like the LCD we have or would you make it with the ability to change colors?

So far I have no issues with my LCD but would consider a different one if it were improved.
My price guess is for the item and I would install.

Harold57 01-22-18 04:40 PM

I'm with Bgw. Would this be mainly for a repair type item or is there a value added prospect to the deal? If a repair type item, how basic would the product be that Tanin Auto would be supplying? Would it be so basic that it would require a major amount of de-soldering and soldering or would it be a minor assembly that would only require a minor module replacement (screws, nuts, cable unplug / plugging in)?

TaninAuto 01-22-18 04:53 PM

It would be the same product that we sell for every other one of our Lexus applications.

We sell replacement LCD's for:

92-00 SC
90-97 LS400
Toyota Soarer
90-94 Celsior

The product would be an LCD screen with metal leads and it would have a lifetime warranty. You would buy the screen from us and we would ship it to you. Alternatively you would ship your climate control to us and we would install the screen for you. We would also have fully refurbished climate controls in stock ready to ship.

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.clu...440c96f7b8.jpg

Bgw70 01-22-18 05:47 PM

I went to your website and looked at the products for the older SCs. It looks very promising.

question, do you know what is required to change an SC430 LCD screen?

i believe there is a thread on this subject from a member named RETROPLAY. He is an engineer and very smart about automotive electronics!

TaninAuto 01-22-18 06:32 PM

Screwdrivers, soldering iron, and desoldering equipment are all that's needed to remove and replace the LCD's

Bgw70 01-22-18 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by TaninAuto (Post 10090272)
Screwdrivers, soldering iron, and desoldering equipment are all that's needed to remove and replace the LCD's

Sounds easy!Would the price be about the same as the older SC?

TaninAuto 01-22-18 07:10 PM

That's what we are asking everyone, which is why we need 25-50 people committed before investing several thousand dollars in this process. It will likely not be as cheap as the older SC because we will be the only vendor in the world that has these LCD's for the SC430.

riknchar 01-23-18 06:11 AM

If the price was reasonable, I would think you'd have quite a few takers. The OEM LCD screens in the '02-'09 SC430s had a very soft, very easily scratched protective coating applied, so virtually every SC430 I've looked at had a terrible looking LCD screen (all are scratched something fierce). I only use a soft clean microfiber cloth to clean mine, and even that has left small visible scratches in the protective coating.

I actually have a crack in my LCD screen right now, and would be interested in this service myself.

Good luck!

Caflashbob 01-23-18 06:22 AM

Count me in. My digits work but the screen looks uneven

Jabberwock 01-23-18 06:42 AM

My screen is acceptable right now but given the wear/aging history of these items I'd be a buyer of a replacement LCD screen if someone had them available. There are a lot of early SC430s out there so it could be a good seller and attract customers to other products and services. If you can make it profitable I'd suggest pricing for new LCD screen of $199, and maybe $299 installed plus shipping one way.