SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Luxlink and rear window module

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-18, 07:49 PM
Natroth
Driver

Received 48 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Luxlink and rear window module

Silly question of the day from Australia.........
Can I still buy the luxlink and window remote? If so, does anyone know a reliable source?

I recently bought, and quickly sold, a 2017 e400 Mercedes cabriolet. I have never had so much trouble with a car in my life both mechanically and socially at the dealership. Mercedes have really dropped the ball with quality, service and a point of differentiation. I then decided to buy a low tech no bells and whistles car I could enjoy. I accidentally found the SC430 and OMG; I love it. I won’t go on about it because you all know but I am having great fun learning about it and researching the things that need fixing. Everything I want to buy is in the USA, 😭😭😭

I bought some second-hand Beachcombers and Elvis Presley audio cassettes to impress friends when they ask for music in the car. They sound awful but gets a giggle..... hmmm.... do the speakers need replacing?

Why did Lexus not have the quarter windows rise when the roof is down? They speak of flowing design and symmetry but they didn’t get that one right at all.

back to the topic..... Can I still buy a Luxlink?......

thanks

Nathan
Old 01-06-18, 03:55 AM
Natroth
Driver

Received 48 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Update on Luxlink

My research is telling me that Luxlink is gone, approx. five years ago.... There are no more unless someone has one sitting on a shelf at home That is a pity as the unit fills some functional gaps in the car. Oh well, I hope someone reinvents a similar unit and we can group buy......
Old 01-06-18, 03:24 PM
FlopTop04
Advanced

Received 210 Likes on 103 Posts

You can pretty much duplicate everything LuxLink does except the double press roof control and auto engine shutdown with roof up and car exit routine by installing a high end Remote Starter with Keyless Entry. That was the route I went when I bought our SC430. The main reason I went that way was due to the very short range of the Lexus remote FOB's. The wife wanted to raise and lower the roof from a distance greater that 40 feet. Additionally I set it up to do a window roll-up along with a door lock command and with the use of an AUX button, she can roll the windows down to vent the car prior to entry. The other reason was not wanting to leave a working key inside the car. All this with two-way command confirming remotes from a mile distant. Here is a link to the Pictorial on the install : https://www.the12volt.com/installbay...asp?tid=131859
Old 01-06-18, 06:29 PM
JohnnyCake
Racer

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Natroth
Can I still buy the luxlink and window remote? If so, does anyone know a reliable source?
I know of one seller, new-in-box, never used but its $1,000 which is way too expensive imho.

Originally Posted by FlopTop04
You can pretty much duplicate everything LuxLink does except the double press roof control and auto engine shutdown with roof up and car exit routine
Yeah, but that's the best part!!

Originally Posted by FlopTop04
The main reason I went that way was due to the very short range of the Lexus remote FOB's.
We hooked the Lexus remote FOB to activate through a cell phone, so I can put the top down, lock/unlock doors, or pop the trunk from anywhere in the world -- unlimited range. Pretty crazy, but it was a fun project. Check out this thread: Activate top/doors/trunk via cellphone