ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc430-2nd-gen-2001-2010-63/)
-   -   So sad (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc430-2nd-gen-2001-2010/855961-so-sad.html)

OBP 05-10-17 06:17 AM

So sad

Hearing via a Washington Post report that the wife of an ESPN broadcaster was killed in an accident in CT when her 2003 SC430 collided with a Ford Escape and overturned. So sad, RIP. I just drove through that area of CT last week

mrblister 05-10-17 06:54 AM

I just read it. Was ESPN Chris Bermans wife. Really a tragedy

Prasha 05-10-17 08:42 AM

She (sc430) rear-ended Ford Escape..... both died....because he suffered a medical emergency?

mandyfig 05-10-17 09:54 AM

I believe the 87 year old was not wearing a seat belt according to the news.

jzdulexus 05-10-17 10:07 AM

1 Attachment(s)
The real question is whether she would have survived had she been in another Ford Escape X SUV. The police report shows she was wearing seat belt and airbag was deployed.

mandyfig 05-10-17 04:31 PM

This really hits hard. So weird that being an owner of an SC, you are kind of connected and you can feel the event.

GmanSC 05-10-17 07:19 PM

May she Rest In Peace.

mrblister 05-11-17 05:14 AM

I would imagine the weak link in our cars would be the aluminum roof. It would seem in a roll over there is no protection because the only what I would call roll bars are hidden behind the rear seat headrests but those are to low to save your head from any impact. There just is no room to build in a higher roll bar unless maybe you remove rear bottom seat and build from there. The accident report does not mention the speed or road conditions all probably led to the accident and fatality

Prasha 05-11-17 09:04 AM

I wonder at what speed she was driving that the impact (rear end) caused both the vehicles to overturn - fatally.....she had seat belt on but could not be saved

Bgw70 05-11-17 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by Prasha (Post 9864661)
I wonder at what speed she was driving that the impact (rear end) caused both the vehicles to overturn - fatally.....she had seat belt on but could not be saved

the photos and witnesses show and say she went down an embankment and the car was overturned and in the water...the witness said they tried to turn the car over but it was a big heavy Lexus and would not budge...

platinum69 05-11-17 12:34 PM

This is very sad. But we should understand tomorrow is not promised, be the best person you can be today. IMO

Prasha 05-11-17 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by Bgw70 (Post 9864754)
the photos and witnesses show and say she went down an embankment and the car was overturned and in the water...the witness said they tried to turn the car over but it was a big heavy Lexus and would not budge...

I am very sad worried and concerned what triggered this deadly incident. She had seat belts on, witness tried to turn the car but did they try to pull her out? she died on impact? could the seat belt come off or was she stuck? Car had any mechanical problems? Will not know the facts until the investigation is complete....

Tketrns 05-11-17 07:49 PM

No Offense, RIP chris bermans wife. But most middle age people are not physically fit. I am just 31 y/o but i know that in an accident most people let go of the wheel and can be knocked out cold when anything hits the head. Most likely she didn't die on impact, but had a head injury, and was out cold, and then because car was overturned made it impossible for another person to unbuckle them and they drowned. Or maybe it was the airbag?

Coleroad 05-12-17 06:04 AM

Originally Posted by Prasha (Post 9865251)
I am very sad worried and concerned what triggered this deadly incident. She had seat belts on, witness tried to turn the car but did they try to pull her out? she died on impact? could the seat belt come off or was she stuck? Car had any mechanical problems? Will not know the facts until the investigation is complete....

Being under water can be very disorienting by itself. If you have ever rolled a vehicle, it too is very disorienting. I can't imagine having both happen at the same time. I just want to leave theory, and conjecture out of it. It's sad to lose a loved one. I'd rather focus on that, and to give driving your 100% focus.

Jabberwock 05-12-17 07:13 AM

Best thing to do is drive a convertible (even one with a pretend hardtop), as if it were a motorcycle - head on a swivel and defensively but even then extreme accidents can and do happen. "Sporty" convertibles are inherently more risky than larger hardtop vehicles in an actual crash but virtually every activity in life has more or less risk so you have to choose.