New to Forum and Lexus!

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-17, 06:29 PM
aztec4life
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking New to Forum and Lexus!

Hello All,
I am new to the forum. I just bought a new to me 2008 SC400 with only 11,000 miles on it. I am very excited to own this car. I am having the airbag recall done and should take delivery of the car on Tuesday or Wednesday. Any tips or tricks for this car would be appreciated. Can't wait to get in my car with the top down and cruise through So Cal!!!

Ross

Last edited by aztec4life; 04-16-17 at 06:55 PM.
Old 04-16-17, 11:21 PM
GmanSC
Pole Position

Received 544 Likes on 413 Posts

Welcome to the club and congrats on your purchase of the SC. You'll love it like all of us do.
You'll find lot of good Infos in the sticky sections and thru out the postings.
The following users liked this post:
aztec4life (04-17-17)
Old 04-17-17, 06:16 AM
riknchar
Instructor

Received 227 Likes on 140 Posts

Congrats on the new SC! I have your car's older "twin" (mine is a 2006, bought last year with 18K miles). I didn't originally care much for the gold color (just wanted a really low mileage post 2006 SC), but the look has really grown on me, and I think it looks great with the ecru interior and dark wood accents. You're going to love owning this car! Would you care to share info on price paid and other details on the car? With that low of miles, there must be a story...

Old 04-17-17, 08:12 AM
platinum69
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Very awesome car
Old 04-17-17, 09:35 AM
jzdulexus
Pole Position

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

An awesome find with 2008 and only 11k miles!
Old 04-17-17, 01:42 PM
kevin3344
Lexus Test Driver

Received 181 Likes on 162 Posts

That is one sweet ride! Just purchased a 2002 SC430 myself with 104,000 miles (was already a member in the GS section as my daily driver is a 1999 GS400 with 225,000 miles). Love it!
Old 04-17-17, 01:46 PM
mandyfig

Received 408 Likes on 359 Posts

Originally Posted by kevin3344
That is one sweet ride! Just purchased a 2002 SC430 myself with 104,000 miles (was already a member in the GS section as my daily driver is a 1999 GS400 with 225,000 miles). Love it!
Welcome to the SC side of things! Post a pic or 2.
Old 04-17-17, 04:58 PM
kevin3344
Lexus Test Driver

Received 181 Likes on 162 Posts

Here you go! This car is a blast

Old 04-17-17, 06:30 PM
aztec4life
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by riknchar
Congrats on the new SC! I have your car's older "twin" (mine is a 2006, bought last year with 18K miles). I didn't originally care much for the gold color (just wanted a really low mileage post 2006 SC), but the look has really grown on me, and I think it looks great with the ecru interior and dark wood accents. You're going to love owning this car! Would you care to share info on price paid and other details on the car? With that low of miles, there must be a story...

So here is the story! I got it at the local Mercedes Dealer last Friday night. I got an email advertising used cars and went to the link and noticed this car at the bottom of the page. I thought it was a misprint on the miles, but I figured I would call on it and see. Sure enough it was legit. The salesman I dealt with told me that it was at the local Lexus dealership getting the airbag recall but if they hadn't started the work yet he would pull it out so I could drive it. I went to the dealer and drove it and instantly knew I was going to buy it. It is a one owner car that was originally purchased in Houston, Texas. It seems the owner moved out to Southern California and traded in the car as he wanted a top of the line Mercedes. He told the dealer he rarely drove it. (a weekend car) He kept it garaged and did all scheduled maintenance. It is in near perfect condition! I paid $28,000 for it but was able to get a great price for my Acura as a trade in. I looked at the Blue Book and for a car with that low of mileage, it was in what I would consider the correct price range. I will hopefully take delivery of the car by Wednesday night.
Old 04-17-17, 09:13 PM
GmanSC
Pole Position

What's the buy! You got a good deal. Mine was 2007 with 58K miles, showroom conditiion. The dealer wanted $28K for it. We said $27.5K and walked away, they didn't even call us back. Next day, we came in an paid at full price, but loved the car dearly. Congrats.
Old 04-18-17, 06:53 AM
riknchar
Instructor

Originally Posted by aztec4life
So here is the story! I got it at the local Mercedes Dealer last Friday night. I got an email advertising used cars and went to the link and noticed this car at the bottom of the page. I thought it was a misprint on the miles, but I figured I would call on it and see. Sure enough it was legit. The salesman I dealt with told me that it was at the local Lexus dealership getting the airbag recall but if they hadn't started the work yet he would pull it out so I could drive it. I went to the dealer and drove it and instantly knew I was going to buy it. It is a one owner car that was originally purchased in Houston, Texas. It seems the owner moved out to Southern California and traded in the car as he wanted a top of the line Mercedes. He told the dealer he rarely drove it. (a weekend car) He kept it garaged and did all scheduled maintenance. It is in near perfect condition! I paid $28,000 for it but was able to get a great price for my Acura as a trade in. I looked at the Blue Book and for a car with that low of mileage, it was in what I would consider the correct price range. I will hopefully take delivery of the car by Wednesday night.
You got an amazing deal on your SC430! Thanks for sharing the story. Now go put the top down and enjoy your one-of-a-kind luxury car!
Old 04-18-17, 07:48 AM
riknchar
Instructor

Aztec: One thing you may not know about the airbag recall is that the dealer is supposed to return your car to you with a full tank of gas (the dealer is reimbursed for the gas by Lexus). Not sure if you've picked the car up yet or not, but if it doesn't have a full tank when you get it, you can mention this fact and should get free gas... Also, there are two different ways to complete the airbag recall, one involving tearing the entire dash out (more intrusive) and one simply taking the passenger seat out and getting to the airbag from underneath the dash. You might want to ask which method your Lexus dealer uses. And when you pick it up, be sure to take a good close look to make sure there is no damage to your leather, wood, etc.
aztec4life (04-18-17)
Old 04-18-17, 07:58 AM
Caflashbob
Instructor

Received 185 Likes on 145 Posts

Congrats on your sc.

we bought an 08 also with 18k miles on it end of last year.

car steered poorly when we got it. Pronounced steering wander.

revords showed several alignments recently.

Hmmm. Car had the run flats removed and had Pirelli p1 cinturados installed. Chinese tires.

poor reviews on those on tire rack.

bought Michelin pilot super sports non four seasons from .Costco.

Top rsted by consumer reports.

fixed. Drive straight. No rut tracking anymore. Rides better. Quieter
aztec4life (04-18-17)
Old 04-18-17, 06:44 PM
aztec4life
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by riknchar
Aztec: One thing you may not know about the airbag recall is that the dealer is supposed to return your car to you with a full tank of gas (the dealer is reimbursed for the gas by Lexus). Not sure if you've picked the car up yet or not, but if it doesn't have a full tank when you get it, you can mention this fact and should get free gas... Also, there are two different ways to complete the airbag recall, one involving tearing the entire dash out (more intrusive) and one simply taking the passenger seat out and getting to the airbag from underneath the dash. You might want to ask which method your Lexus dealer uses. And when you pick it up, be sure to take a good close look to make sure there is no damage to your leather, wood, etc.
Thanks for the information. I bought the car Friday, but I haven't taken delivery of it from the dealer I purchased it from. I was told that they will have it fully gassed up and ready. IT is being detailed tomorrow morning and I will do a comprehensive walk-through before taking it off the lot. The one thing I wanted to ask of people on this forum is if the 2008 came with bluetooth. Any insights???
Old 04-18-17, 09:13 PM
GmanSC
Pole Position

Originally Posted by aztec4life
The one thing I wanted to ask of people on this forum is if the 2008 came with bluetooth. Any insights???
The answer is yes, but, it's only for your hand free phone, not for streaming music. So if you want to play music, either use the CD or like many of the SC owner here, replace your OEM stereo unit with the Pioneer or alike. Or you could do like I did, use the Monster Cassette Adapter and plug the cable to your Iphone. If you want to replace your OEM stereo, search for the link in the forum, there are plenty of talk about this. Good luck and enjoy your SC.
aztec4life (04-19-17)

Quick Reply: New to Forum and Lexus!