SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

04 sc 430 figs or dazien steering rack bushing kit

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-16, 09:19 AM
foreste1
Pit Crew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 04 sc 430 figs or dazien steering rack bushing kit

I have the steering wheel wobble over bumps everyone talks about. I want to start with steering rack bushing kit and the guy at Dazien wont give me a phone number to contact him, and no numbers go through that I can find, which in itself makes me say not to order from them. The Figs guys answer phone and helped a lot with questions.
My question is if I go with Figs, I dont want it to be harsh steering feel, want it OEM feeling like when it was new. Will I be ok with Figs?
Old 12-27-16, 12:57 PM
Bgw70
Lexus Test Driver

Received 855 Likes on 688 Posts

Originally Posted by foreste1
I have the steering wheel wobble over bumps everyone talks about. I want to start with steering rack bushing kit and the guy at Dazien wont give me a phone number to contact him, and no numbers go through that I can find, which in itself makes me say not to order from them. The Figs guys answer phone and helped a lot with questions.
My question is if I go with Figs, I dont want it to be harsh steering feel, want it OEM feeling like when it was new. Will I be ok with Figs?
i know the bushings are important but if I was starting over, I would replace the shocks first...but your call.
Old 12-27-16, 01:51 PM
doodles714
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Go with a Strut brace if you notice it mostly with the top down.
Old 12-28-16, 06:13 AM
Bgw70
Lexus Test Driver

I completely rebuilt and replaced every bushing in the front end of my SC430...the last thing I did was the shocks, which should have been the first...

also, be sure to check the motor mounts too. They won't improve the ride but they break very easily.
Old 12-28-16, 07:42 AM
Coleroad
Racer

Received 164 Likes on 139 Posts

And to add to bgw. If you put poly control arm bushes in you need to change the toe accordingly. If you don't the car will feel twitchy, and have tire shoulder wear.
Old 01-03-17, 06:52 AM
exbboy510
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm changing my steering rack bushings and sway bar bushings with daizen for the front from amazon. I'm thinking figgs lca and upper if they sell the adjustable upper set. I already have my rear arms replaced with battle version big difference with only the rear done so far
Old 01-09-17, 07:33 AM
foreste1
Pit Crew

Default 04 sc430 what front shocks to install

Ok, so I read everybody's input, which I appreciate. I have the Fig steering rack bushings, have not installed yet. But now I am thinking I should order front shocks. I keep finding mixed reviews on the KYB excel-G. I want factory ride, nothing harsh or firm, just like it was new is what i want. Should I get the KYB's or something else? I dont want to start modifying stuff, just easy install.
Old 01-11-17, 08:29 AM
DshngDaryl
Pole Position

Received 458 Likes on 384 Posts

I know it is $150 more, ($75 more for each shock) but you could always go with the Original Equipment from Lexus https://www.lexuspartsnow.com/parts-...-absorber.html at $163 a piece

Last edited by DshngDaryl; 01-11-17 at 10:39 AM.
Old 01-11-17, 12:37 PM
foreste1
Pit Crew

Thank you! I have the car getting the FIG steering rack bushing kit installed today and front wheel bearings.
Now that I could properly see under car, we noticed the lower control arm #2 bushings are tearing.
I have been searching on line to find the whole arm, but no luck unless Lexus pricing. So does anybody have link to either whole arm or the bushing only but not poly, want it like original feel?
Old 01-11-17, 12:54 PM
Coleroad
Racer

Received 164 Likes on 139 Posts

Thank you! I have the car getting the FIG steering rack bushing kit installed today and front wheel bearings.
Now that I could properly see under car, we noticed the lower control arm #2 bushings are tearing.
I have been searching on line to find the whole arm, but no luck unless Lexus pricing. So does anybody have link to either whole arm or the bushing only but not poly, want it like original feel?
rockauto has what you need. Unlike eBay you know you're getting real name brand, and not knockoffs.
Old 01-12-17, 06:43 AM
foreste1
Pit Crew

I thought they would as well but they only seem to have the one lower control arm, not the #2 lower. Seems like nobody has the #2 except lexus and I did see it on Parksgeek, but I can buy set at Lexus for less, about $250
Old 01-12-17, 08:05 AM
riknchar
Instructor

Received 227 Likes on 140 Posts

I thought they would as well but they only seem to have the one lower control arm, not the #2 lower. Seems like nobody has the #2 except lexus and I did see it on Parksgeek, but I can buy set at Lexus for less, about $250
In trying to get rid of my steering wheel wobble on my 2002 SC430 (with 45K miles), I bought new Lexus OEM Lower Control Arms (#2) and had them installed by my Independent shop. My old arms actually looked just fine when they came off, and the replacement did nothing to help the wobble. Bottom line: I have the old #2 Control Arms still, and would be happy to sell them to you cheaply (they are doing me no good). You could have them installed as is, or have new bushings pressed into the existing arms if you'd like.

I'm not sure what the shipping cost would be, but I'd happily sell them for $50 plus shipping costs.

Rick
The following users liked this post:
foreste1 (01-12-17)
Old 01-12-17, 11:02 AM
foreste1
Pit Crew

Hi Rick, sorry, I actually went to Lexus this morning and bought new arms. Mine were for sure torn, so hoping this fixes my issue. Between the steering rack bushing kit and the arms, hoping that wobble is gone! Did you try the steering rack bushing kit yet? I ordered FIGS, will get to drive it tomorrow to see how they are.
Old 01-12-17, 12:24 PM
riknchar
Instructor

Received 227 Likes on 140 Posts

Hi Rick, sorry, I actually went to Lexus this morning and bought new arms. Mine were for sure torn, so hoping this fixes my issue. Between the steering rack bushing kit and the arms, hoping that wobble is gone! Did you try the steering rack bushing kit yet? I ordered FIGS, will get to drive it tomorrow to see how they are.
That was going to be next up on my list. I bought the Daizen poly steering rack bushings but never had them installed. I found a mint-condition 2006 SC with 18K miles and traded my '02 in before I fully figured out the wobble. My 2006 rides rock solid. No worries on the #2 Caster Arms.

If any other Club Lexus members has a use for the Lower Control Arms #2, please let me know.
Old 01-12-17, 03:03 PM
Bgw70
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by riknchar
That was going to be next up on my list. I bought the Daizen poly steering rack bushings but never had them installed. I found a mint-condition 2006 SC with 18K miles and traded my '02 in before I fully figured out the wobble. My 2006 rides rock solid. No worries on the #2 Caster Arms.

If any other Club Lexus members has a use for the Lower Control Arms #2, please let me know.
hey Rick, post them up in the classified section, you might have better luck.

Quick Reply: 04 sc 430 figs or dazien steering rack bushing kit