SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Pic of your SC430 RIGHT NOW!

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-15, 08:35 AM
Helogadget
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sharp ride Shawn! Is that an Injen intake? If so, how do you like it? Can you tell any difference with it? Does it make a lot of induction noise when you get on it?

Originally Posted by ShawnOk
Here are some pics of The Lex with my winter rims... will mount the "nice" rims once I get a weekend off from work. Enjoy.
Old 05-16-15, 04:24 PM
ShawnOk
Pole Position

Received 89 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by Helogadget
Sharp ride Shawn! Is that an Injen intake? If so, how do you like it? Can you tell any difference with it? Does it make a lot of induction noise when you get on it?
Thanks very much. It's actually a Weapon R- Secret Weapon Short Air Intake with Ram Air Kit. I'm not sure how much HP increase it actually created but I do feel that it just gives the SC that growl I wanted, even at idle. I was able to keep the OEM scoop and run the Ram Air hose under the grille to give double the fresh air to the breather element. When I mash the pedal it really comes to life!
Old 05-17-15, 08:21 PM
Staysc43mn
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

New member all the way out here in Hawaii!
Old 05-17-15, 09:59 PM
texsexlex
Racer

Received 111 Likes on 96 Posts

...did a little cleaning today at my buddies shop

Old 05-17-15, 10:18 PM
Bgw70
Lexus Test Driver

Received 855 Likes on 688 Posts

Your SC is looking very sweet!!!
BTW, I Spy a Olds Toronado and a 70 Chevelle SS in the first pic!
Old 05-17-15, 10:31 PM
texsexlex
Racer

Originally Posted by Bgw70
Your SC is looking very sweet!!!
BTW, I Spy a Olds Toronado and a 70 Chevelle SS in the first pic!
...yea they have a little bit of everything in the shop. The Chevelle has a 572 thats bored out to a 602, it belongs to a baseball player.
Old 05-23-15, 02:36 AM
SILVRLININ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Visited the track to test drive the RCF

Old 05-23-15, 05:30 PM
NAmVet68
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bought my baby some new shoes today; MRR GT1 18 X 8.5 +35 all around. With a new set of Falkens, the ride is smooth, quiet, and very comfortable. I tossed around the idea of going with staggered, 19's or 20's, but in the end, I went with comfort (more sidewall), ability to cross-rotate them for even wear, and less chance of having to deal with bent rims.

No regrets.....

Last edited by NAmVet68; 05-23-15 at 05:39 PM.
Old 05-23-15, 09:53 PM
Bon
Advanced

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by suxeLSI003
Visited the track to test drive the RCF

I like those wheels. What (whose?) are they?

Last edited by Bon; 05-23-15 at 10:05 PM.
Old 05-24-15, 06:40 AM
jonas's RX
Instructor

Received 146 Likes on 95 Posts

After work shot ��

Old 05-24-15, 07:03 AM
tennman117
Pit Crew

Received 70 Likes on 35 Posts

droptop weather in Tennessee

Old 05-24-15, 11:17 AM
Taysdad
Pit Crew

Default Just got it back from the detailer.......

OK - I just got my SC430 back from the detailer (they've had it for over a week).

I had all the rock chips professionally touched up and then wet sanded. The entire car was polished (4 passes) to give it an almost wet look. Then, the front two seats plus the center console had the leather re-dyed to restore it back to new again.

Finally, I had XPEL Ultimate film put onto the front and rear bumper as well as the entire hood (I hate seeing the lines in the hood) and then the car was coated with OPTI-COAT GLOSS COAT (via airbrush) on all surfaces.

It took them around 40 man hours to get the car into shape.

I feel like this was the equivalent of a four month sabbatical that middle age people do to breath new life into them.

Here are some pics:

And finally, a "what's in your stable" pic.
As you can see, I have a thing for black convertibles and SUVs. You could also say I have a Toyota thing........

Old 05-24-15, 11:30 AM
texsexlex
Racer

Originally Posted by Taysdad
OK - I just got my SC430 back from the detailer (they've had it for over a week).

I had all the rock chips professionally touched up and then wet sanded. The entire car was polished (4 passes) to give it an almost wet look. Then, the front two seats plus the center console had the leather re-dyed to restore it back to new again.

Finally, I had XPEL Ultimate film put onto the front and rear bumper as well as the entire hood (I hate seeing the lines in the hood) and then the car was coated with OPTI-COAT GLOSS COAT (via airbrush) on all surfaces.

It took them around 40 man hours to get the car into shape.

I feel like this was the equivalent of a four month sabbatical that middle age people do to breath new life into them.

Here are some pics:

And finally, a "what's in your stable" pic.
As you can see, I have a thing for black convertibles and SUVs. You could also say I have a Toyota thing........

....looks good & a great looking garage
Old 05-24-15, 02:21 PM
ShawnOk
Pole Position

Received 89 Likes on 76 Posts

Looks great! If you don't mind me asking how much did the entire SC430 "Refresh" Project run you. I'm interested in following suite. Was all the work done at your Lexus Dealership?
Old 05-25-15, 06:50 AM
Taysdad
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by ShawnOk
Looks great! If you don't mind me asking how much did the entire SC430 "Refresh" Project run you. I'm interested in following suite. Was all the work done at your Lexus Dealership?
The total refresh project cost me just under $2K with tax. The detail, paint correction, touch up, wet sanding, and leather work ran just under $900 and the paint film application was about $1100. I had all the work done at a very high end detailer (www.tssdetailing.com) near me. For those that are detailing enthusiasts, Jason at TSS was trained by Todd at Esoteric detail (http://www.esotericdetail.com) who is probably the top detailer in the world (people ship cars to him from the middle east or fly him around the world just do detail their cars). Even though Todd is only 2 hours away from me (as luck would have it) to have him to do the same work would have been 2-3X what I paid. For a 13 year old car, I have trouble justifying the difference in price when Jason at TSS is so skilled at what he does.

Depending upon where you're located, you can normally find a very high end detailer to do this type of work. There are a few detailing forum sites where you can go and start looking around for recommendations.

Quick Reply: Pic of your SC430 RIGHT NOW!