SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

What is YOUR Exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-11, 09:14 PM
husker741
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What is YOUR Exhaust?

Alright, so I know I might get yelled at for making another exhaust thread, but I want this one to be different. I want everyone to post what you have done to your exhaust, either bolt on or custom, and how much it cost. Videos are also very welcome because I wanna hear what everything sounds like. My exhaust is getting done this week, and I would like to see how everyone's SC430 exhausts have been done. Sorry to those who are annoyed at another exhaust thread, but i think this could actually be a cool one. I will post pictures of mine when its finished and a video. I was going to go with just pipes from a muffler delete, but I decided to get custom mufflers also. I feel if we get this going, it would eliminate so many future threads about exhausts for our cars, because they would all be right here. Go!
Old 10-28-11, 08:08 AM
robertg102
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I simply had a custom muffler shop remove my rear muffler keeping both the stock resonators and the dual exterior pipes in place. Doesn't change the exterior view at all and cost about $260 total. I love the sound and you can't beat the price. I also added the injen cold air filter as well based on what I learned from the forum. Total make over was under $600. I was more interested in improving the sound versus performance and felt like both projects were a huge success.
Old 10-28-11, 12:01 PM
husker741
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I want to do the intake soon, but as of now, I'm pretty happy with just my exhaust. The guys at the shop explained to me why a "muffler delete" isn't the best thing for the car, because it reduces back pressure or something. So they cut the muffler from the flanges and put in 2 sport mufflers, with new piping. I kept the resonators also. I decided to keep the stock tips so it would look stock, and also save a little money. I wish it were louder at points, but right at 1,700 rpm, it just roars. The unique thing about my exhaust is at idle and through 2,000 rpm its pretty loud, but then it mellows out and sounds like the stock exhaust, but with a lower tone. I can feel its now a tiny bit more torquey, and to my dad and I, it seems quicker. What a lot of people don't realize is how heavy the stock muffler is, and removing that removes a good chunk of weight from the back end. In the end, it ended up costing $315 and some change. I'm pretty happy, mainly because it doesn't sound like a mustang, but a nicely modded high-end lexus!