PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Yellow, just to be daringly different.
Old 10-05-11, 12:51 PM
WIL44
Instructor

Received 86 Likes on 46 Posts

I am with aquanuke, I think they are to small to do anything but black. If you have a big brake kit like he has it looks great with any colour.

I did mine black while fitting the Megans.

Best regards
Steve
Attached Thumbnails Red or Yellow ?-dsc_1672a.jpg   Red or Yellow ?-dsc_1709a.jpg   Red or Yellow ?-dsc_1732aaa.jpg   Red or Yellow ?-dsc_1733a.jpg  
Old 10-05-11, 12:55 PM
Blast-off
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tsachiti
Didnt think I would get so many responses so quickly..

So far it seems Yellow is written off, so left with Red, Gold and Black, .. One of those then prob, but I just have no idea.

Liquid SC
Yes those are new skirts.

mIStaSC . Sounds very interesting, prob is I dont know what a CF splitter or diffuser are :? I will upload loads of pics when in done. This should be this weekend, Then maybe you can try your photoshop magic ?

Blast-off
Those are really cool, did you paint the stock ones and put decals ?.. looks good!

Thanks a alot for responses so far, many more welcome as I have till saturday to decide.
Yes mate I painted them myself You can get the caliper paint from Halfords and buy the decals of ebay for a couple of pounds.
All done for around a £10
Old 10-05-11, 01:01 PM
Yes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by aquanuke
I would say paint your oem ones but the rear 2 piston caliper is so small that anything other then black would just emphasize how small it is.
That's why I would only paint them black. If he were doing a BBK, red would be nice.
Old 10-05-11, 01:26 PM
cyberlexus
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

+1 for Black
Old 10-05-11, 03:02 PM
Pnuge88
Lexus Champion

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Is your interior saddle??? I'd do BBK orange and leave the old tails with orange reflector. But the kit still needs modifying. I'd actually save my time and do vertex side and rear with the CF splitter up front to make things easier..

Keep the OEM black.. Even my ls400 calipers are bigger then the sc430 OEM but still think they are too small for color
Old 10-05-11, 04:13 PM
tsachiti
Driver

Originally Posted by mIStaSC
Is your interior saddle??? I'd do BBK orange and leave the old tails with orange reflector. But the kit still needs modifying. I'd actually save my time and do vertex side and rear with the CF splitter up front to make things easier..

Keep the OEM black.. Even my ls400 calipers are bigger then the sc430 OEM but still think they are too small for color
Interior is black
I not longer the tail orange reflector. It was removed, filled in and so my tail is plain.

Im sorry, I have googled but cant seem to work out what a cf splitter is, perhaps a link to an image ?

aquanuke
Cheers for the link, if u are free on sat, wanna meet and the new improved car after restorers and longlife
Old 10-05-11, 04:30 PM
aquanuke
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Sat or Sunday should be good, is your exhaust as loud as mine
Old 10-05-11, 05:03 PM
tuterz
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

i would do a purple.. looks sick!
Old 10-05-11, 06:00 PM
A1Lexis
Lexus Test Driver

+4 for black with white decals
Old 10-05-11, 07:02 PM
Pnuge88
Lexus Champion

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

http://www.carid.com/universal-spoil...it-305970.html

This is a under splitter. Theres all kinds of different shapes. Custom cuts and what not. Of course you'd have to custom cut yours to make it look right for that particular bumper
Old 10-06-11, 10:36 AM
Extreme Dimensions
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by mIStaSC
http://www.carid.com/universal-spoil...it-305970.html

This is a under splitter. Theres all kinds of different shapes. Custom cuts and what not. Of course you'd have to custom cut yours to make it look right for that particular bumper

That would be our splitter! The size is 65.5" x 18" Hope that helps!
Old 10-06-11, 11:31 AM
WIL44
Instructor

Interior is black
I not longer the tail orange reflector. It was removed, filled in and so my tail is plain.

Im sorry, I have googled but cant seem to work out what a cf splitter is, perhaps a link to an image ?

aquanuke
Cheers for the link, if u are free on sat, wanna meet and the new improved car after restorers and longlife
Hi tsachiti

Does the fact you mentioned Longlife mean you are getting your exhaust made by them.
I had mine done at Longlife in St Albans and I am very pleased with it. I have loads of pictures of the install if you would like me to post some of them on here. May give you some idea's.

Best regards
Steve
Old 10-06-11, 01:30 PM
tsachiti
Driver

Originally Posted by WIL44
Hi tsachiti

Does the fact you mentioned Longlife mean you are getting your exhaust made by them.
I had mine done at Longlife in St Albans and I am very pleased with it. I have loads of pictures of the install if you would like me to post some of them on here. May give you some idea's.

Best regards
Steve
Hi Steve,

Yes I will be going to long life for some custom exhausts this weekend. I have googled, there is a lot of info online but none of it relates to SCs. I would be very grateful for any pics or additional information I can have before getting the exhausts installed.

Thank you
Old 10-06-11, 02:32 PM
WIL44
Instructor

Hi Steve,

Yes I will be going to long life for some custom exhausts this weekend. I have googled, there is a lot of info online but none of it relates to SCs. I would be very grateful for any pics or additional information I can have before getting the exhausts installed.

Thank you
Hi Will

The guy I used at Longlife was brilliant. I sent him a couple of youtube links of the exhaust sound I wanted and he said it would be 'no problem, after all we are talking a V8 to start with'.
I spent a full 6 hours with him trying different boxes mocked up to get the sound I wanted. He knew what to use right from the start, it was really my decision of how LOUD I wanted it.
He started with two straight through boxes where the original resonators were and it could have been piped all the way back to the tips, but after trying different mock ups, I decided to extra small boxes in just behind the tips sounded better.

Be warned though, you might not like the drone at low speeds, but I love it.
As I said on a post here before 'I would rather listen to the exhaust note than the stereo'.

Add the Injen as I have and it is just brilliant.
Attached Thumbnails Red or Yellow ?-dsc_1046a.jpg   Red or Yellow ?-dsc_1048a.jpg   Red or Yellow ?-dsc_1055a.jpg   Red or Yellow ?-dsc_1058a.jpg   Red or Yellow ?-dsc_1063a.jpg  

Quick Reply: Red or Yellow ?