SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

lip kit - VIP Duralex?

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-11, 08:09 PM
robertrios
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default lip kit - VIP Duralex?

Im thinking about doing this VIP duralex kit off fleabay, im thinking I can get it for about 450 shipped using best offer, has anyone purchased this one?

I think it would look good with my color car...I figure even if fitment is not 100% like say a Wald a body shop could make it work without it costing me too much money. I was very close to going with WALD but it was too suttle just like the GFX kit I have on my IS250. Please let me know what you all think!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Lexus...item2313a73786
Old 09-20-11, 09:18 PM
mdpuff
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well I do like the sides and the rear but the front is just a little too much "Snow Plow" for my taste but if it's what you want go for it! I don't have any experience with this product but if you do buy it make sure you let us all know how it turns out!
Old 09-20-11, 10:37 PM
i2fat
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

A thing to consider about eBay kits that aren't authentic is that they dont always fit right. You can test your luck and hope the fit is good, or you'll have to end up paying more money so the body shop can fix your kit to make it fit.

I've heard many horror stories about the kit being COMPLETELY off and the money you saved from buying a replica kit goes straight to the body shop. Ideally, you'd want to fit it before you buy it, but that's not always possible.

If you do plan to get it, good luck!
Old 09-21-11, 02:29 AM
scyul
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by mdpuff
Well I do like the sides and the rear but the front is just a little too much "Snow Plow" for my taste but if it's what you want go for it! I don't have any experience with this product but if you do buy it make sure you let us all know how it turns out!
I agree, I don't like the front corners sticking out like that... But to each his own.
Old 09-21-11, 03:20 AM
aquanuke
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

That kit has been advertised on ebay for a few years now, has anybody actually bought one.
Old 09-21-11, 10:25 AM
robertrios
Pole Position

exactly what I was wondering, i looked at some feedback for more than one seller selling the item and there are a ton more good reviews than bad but I didnt find one on the SC430, only an SC400 and IS300 and I believe the IS300 review was a bad one.
Old 09-23-11, 07:18 PM
SlvBullet
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I purchased the VIP front lip directly from Extreme Dimensions for my 2004 SC milenian silver. Fitment was close but a shop had to work about an hour to get it perfect. In the process the left side in the bend that wraps around the bumper cracked but it was easy to fix before the installation. I had it sanded, primed and painted to match the car including clear coat. I left the black screens on each side in black. I understand that not everyone likes the look but I love it and have gotten good comments from people. I did not get the side skirts or rear addons - can't really see what they contribute at least in the pictures. I also painted the front grill black with pasti-dip and about to paint black the area around the fog lights ... Work in progress.
Old 09-23-11, 07:24 PM
texsexlex
Racer

Received 111 Likes on 96 Posts

...would love to see some pics,if you can post some. My SC is the same color and looking at ideas for possible body kit add...thanx
Old 09-23-11, 07:29 PM
scdroptop

Received 48 Likes on 22 Posts

You get what you pay for...consider the cost of authentic kits and think about added costs if it doesn't fit and durability long term.
Old 09-24-11, 07:20 PM
SlvBullet
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by texsexlex
...would love to see some pics,if you can post some. My SC is the same color and looking at ideas for possible body kit add...thanx
Will post some pics as soon as i pass to rookie level. Finished painting around the fog lights today to match the black grill.
Old 09-24-11, 11:03 PM
Emackny
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

The original maker of this kit is Erebuni. I only know of one member with that kit... Nacnac.

It appears Duraflex even used his photos.. lol.

Originally Posted by NACNAC
Yup thats me Lol. And yes, their using my car for advertisement for the off market erebuni like body kit....its all over Ebay, pfff.

Last edited by Emackny; 09-24-11 at 11:10 PM.
Old 09-25-11, 10:35 AM
robertrios
Pole Position

i wanna see more pics SlvBullet can you post some?
Old 09-26-11, 09:26 AM
Extreme Dimensions
Former Sponsor

Hey robertrios,

I hope you know that this is our kit. CL.com members are entitled to a fairly large discount for any one of our products. Yes, it beats the pants off of eBay's pricing. If there are any fitment issues we would be more then happy to work with you on getting any defected parts replaced immediately.

PM Sent with lower price
Old 09-26-11, 09:28 AM
Extreme Dimensions
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by SlvBullet
Will post some pics as soon as i pass to rookie level. Finished painting around the fog lights today to match the black grill.
Would love to see pics as well.

If you go to www.tinypic.com, you can upload your pics there and just post the image code.
Old 09-26-11, 06:29 PM
robertrios
Pole Position

got the PM i need to talk to my body shop about shipping and then ill get back to you

Quick Reply: lip kit - VIP Duralex?