Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking greatttt
Old 08-04-11, 08:49 AM
deadeyed
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

even better with 06 headlight.

BTW, did you go back to stock wheels? those black IS wheels look great!
Old 08-04-11, 09:17 AM
KaseZome
Driver School Candidate

pretty cool!
Old 08-04-11, 03:17 PM
Pnuge88
Lexus Champion

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Thanks guys! I actually sold the black stocks less then a week with them on. I hate running spacers. I'm trying to get some strasse forged wheels but im currently into other priorities right now. Front and rear of the car is done. All thats left is wheels. I bought all my mods monthsss ago but i finally managed to get off my lazy rear and install them.
Old 08-05-11, 06:29 AM
deadeyed
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

looking forward to your new wheels & interior mods
Old 08-05-11, 08:31 AM
jerzylexus
Rookie

mista....why do you hate running spacers??
Old 08-05-11, 09:58 AM
mandyfig

Received 407 Likes on 359 Posts

Biutiful! What can I say.
Old 08-06-11, 01:51 PM
Pnuge88
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by jerzylexus
mista....why do you hate running spacers??
well since I have the RCA blocks on my car it kinda makes your suspension looser? idk how to explain it.. but i installed my ls400 brakes + spacers at the same time with wheels. I got a mild vibration. balance after balance with the black IS stock wheels and my stock SC pie plates. still got a vibe here and there. so I'm calling out the spacers.. I use to run 20mm on my IS no problem but that was with extended studs put on. i trust that more then the studs that are already on the spacer. IDK. I'm thinking with the RCA already making the suspension "lighter/looser" and the added 20mm thick spacer is causing the vibe. The SC/GS/LS suspension is known for vibes anyways (not as bad as i'm having it right now.) but it's quite annoying at this moment since the vibe is at my cruising speeds. I've got it down to a light vibe but it's quite annoying to me cause i'm **** like that. Plus i want wheels that are a lot more aggressive flushed to the fender thus the reason for buying the bolt on spacers instead of extended studs. If I didn't have the vibe i would have kept the IS stocks and be done with the car already.

on a side note for my SC pie plates.. i left the huge center caps off my front wheels and the vibe was almost completely gone for a few days.. i put the center cap back on and now it's vibrating like before.. i thought about it.. and those center caps weigh a good amount of grams.. and even though its being centered on the wheel.. that weight is being added on to the face of the wheel right? so wouldn't that change the balance with the inside weights?? I might just start rocking my SC stocks without center caps.. it actually looked pretty good lol but this doesn't make sense cause the IS wheels didn't have sucha center cap and i still had the vibe.

After i get new wheels and it still vibes.. i'm calling out the brakes.. aftermarket rotors from r1concepts perhaps?

Originally Posted by mandyfig
Biutiful! What can I say.
thanks!! just wheels leftt
Old 08-06-11, 04:25 PM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

How are the RCAs working out bro?

So the vibrations are coming from the pie wheel caps? Not the wheel spacers?

Pete
Old 08-07-11, 03:43 AM
SteadyEddy
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I always thought that those pie tins were evil, and not too good lookin' either. IMHO.
Old 08-09-11, 06:27 AM
Pnuge88
Lexus Champion

pete I still can't rule it out untill i get new wheels..

so i drove to party at hard rock which is like 45 mins away. bumps on 95 are evil. anyhow........ vibrations BADD again when i got back home. I hate this car.....
Old 08-12-11, 01:35 PM
Pnuge88
Lexus Champion

Aug 9th is my birthday. Tire on the higway cracks my front lip. Great. Fixable. Aug. 10th someone stole my front lip. Absolutely freakin' enraged.. Who would even steal my lip?! No one really mods the sc430 at all! Why my lip... It was broken for cryin out loud...
Old 08-15-11, 01:12 PM
talwang

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by mIStaSC
Aug 9th is my birthday. Tire on the higway cracks my front lip. Great. Fixable. Aug. 10th someone stole my front lip. Absolutely freakin' enraged.. Who would even steal my lip?! No one really mods the sc430 at all! Why my lip... It was broken for cryin out loud...
Sorry to hear that.
Not many ac lips are sold here in the US especially it was discountinued years ago.
You would likely catch that thief sooner or later.
Old 08-15-11, 01:56 PM
Justin2JZ
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Check craigslist etc. Love your 430 btw.
Old 08-17-11, 07:05 PM
Pnuge88
Lexus Champion

after calling it a loss on the lip. my friend finally spoils the surprise! they stole my lip to **** me off as a birthday present and Fixed it! haha they got me good.

Thanks srt!

So like IDK HOW but my right front OEM rim is cracked.. I swear this car is bad luck... No punctures or anything in the tire. just a nice crack on the inside of the wheel which leaks air. having to fill it everyday. I ordered some varrstoens in the mean time to replace my stock wheels. They're TPMS compatible and also the size is good. Also a good thing so I can finally see for myself what Offsets I can run when I really buy some legit 3 piece wheels. In the mean time this will doo. Priorities taking into effect. Gonna stop modding now and go enjoy myself more traveling and such. Still trying to strengthen my legs up for the Air Force as well.. taking soo longg!! never thought I'd actually have this much mods by now haha

Quick Reply: mIStaboi's (SC) Progress Thread