SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Local Pics-My Starbucks Daily Run and Run-Ins :)

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-09, 01:53 PM
scdroptop

Received 48 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Local Pics-My Starbucks Daily Run and Run-Ins :)

Been a little while since I posted local talent I see on the streets of Dallas.

Today was rare color day...saw a TAP and a ES 2002-2005 models on the freeway, wasn't able to catch them.

Earlier in the week, I swear this other black SC is in love with mine and always parks next to me! LOL when I had my red SC at my gym, this lady would park next to me too on Saturdays only. I think she was just a weekender, not there every day, or maybe she drove her other cars like I did?

Nonetheless...check out the LAMBO just chillin' at the Starbucks waiting for some door dings!

Also, don't see a NSX everyday, and especially a SUPER clean early model. I suspect this one is a 1993-1995 based on the wheel style, or they could have just upgraded the wheels. Definitely not a 1996+ (different headlights) but a FINE example of one of the coolest cars ever made!!!!

Enjoy!
Attached Thumbnails Local Pics-My Starbucks Daily Run and Run-Ins :)-photo.jpg   Local Pics-My Starbucks Daily Run and Run-Ins :)-photoo.jpg   Local Pics-My Starbucks Daily Run and Run-Ins :)-photo00.jpg   Local Pics-My Starbucks Daily Run and Run-Ins :)-photo0008.jpg  
Old 12-05-09, 02:22 PM
IStoSC
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

bro your SC looks sick...its def not black as I know it its beautiful with all the sparkles in it...very unique and the rims are gangster!

Gallardo doesn't have shiiiiiiiiit on the SC...I'm spoiled I live in Miami if you want me to post some pics or ridiculous cars let me know...
Old 12-05-09, 02:42 PM
playa3uhh
Lexus Test Driver

Nice. I think you'll need to lower it soon. Is that in your plans for the near future?
Old 12-05-09, 02:48 PM
Lexiss_sc430
Lexus Champion

your car looks great,

my only suggestions would be to DROP IT immediately....

and get a set of 06+ tails
Old 12-05-09, 03:20 PM
IStoSC
Lead Lap

^yea, I agree with the drop, but SCdroptop is in the dillema of whether dropping it will make it impractical for daily driving especially during winter or if you were to hit a speed bump ...
Old 12-05-09, 03:21 PM
IStoSC
Lead Lap

or any other bump...
Old 12-05-09, 03:33 PM
Yes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

you have to remember that when you put 20" wheels on your car, you're raising it 1.5" above stock height. so if you lower it, you can go back to stock height and it'll look much better. an extra half inch wouldn't hurt. just look how much lower to the ground that stock sc is sitting next to his.
Old 12-05-09, 03:41 PM
Lexiss_sc430
Lexus Champion

you don't need to slam it, mine is a DD and I almost never bottom out... and bumps.. well you have to be careful for those no matter what, if your gonna drive it like a tonka truck you'll have problems no matter what.
Old 12-05-09, 03:47 PM
tromly
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Hey SCDROPTOP,there's no local talent in my area !! You guys in Dallas are so lucky ! Glad that gym lady left one space between you !
Old 12-05-09, 03:53 PM
scdroptop

2006+ tails are sitting on my work bench! Need to find time to put them on. Don't worry, change is coming!

I know, I know guys. I hear you all on the lowering. Truth is I have never lowered any car except for older cash cars that were not under warranty.

I have to cross two sets of railroad tracks daily-they about knock my fillings out of my teeth if I go faster than 30mph on them! Only my FX with 22's I can go a little faster.

How much are we talking to lower an inch or so...Tien I'm assuming? Who does the work? Not the dealer...right?

Honestly, I think your cars all look great lowered, but rarely have I heard of folks under warranty still doing it. Same thing with the lux link...my dealer said that if I ever had a direct problem with anything close to it, they would back off and tell me this would void it. That scares me...especially since I paid for the CPO on this car, etc. If not, I could have easily bought a 2002-2005 black on ecru or black on saddle and called it a day!

IStoSC-please post some sick Miami cars...I have a Ferrari and Lambo and Porsche dealer close to me, and see them regularly, BUT rarely just chillin' outside starbucks! LOL
Old 12-05-09, 04:03 PM
Yes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

tien comfort sport are the best option in my opinion. i had my motor mounts replaced under warranty after i lowered mine, so you shouldn't have any problems. they're fairly easy to install. lexus may do it, but their labor is overpriced for something this straight forward. i'd ask in your regional forum. i'm sure someone can recommend a reliable shop.
Old 12-09-09, 05:27 PM
hipendicul
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Geek note.. That NSX is a 1995 thru 2001 as it has the painted (non black), targa roof. Also the flush/new headlights weren't available till 2002.

And if you can guess that i was super close to buying a NSX, then you're right.. =)

Oh and the 97 plus came with the 3.2L, 6spd and larger brakes... Very nice upgrade from the earlier versions..
Old 12-11-09, 08:19 PM
scdroptop

nice info on the nsx...I was very close...I said 93-95 but obviously had the gen's wrong. I noticed the front parking/fog light combo looked different and obviously the wheels, so I knew it wasn't the very first gen which according to your dates would have been 91-94, right? Makes sense with Honda/Acura year updates. I had a 94 accord that was a new bodystyle and a 95 Legend which had a lot of new lights and interior features over older years of the Legend.

The flush light gen was a big change. Loved the orginal one. Would love to get one still today!!!!
Old 12-11-09, 10:53 PM
IStoSC
Lead Lap

What do you guys want pics of? I've seen eyerthin we have a yellow drophead coupe in our building along with some other goodies Ill post up...
Old 12-11-09, 11:07 PM
loveslexus
The Dog Whisperer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Those are 97-01 NSX wheels.

Quick Reply: Local Pics-My Starbucks Daily Run and Run-Ins :)