SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

I got my new wheels... Pic...

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-06, 06:02 PM
hipendicul
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mmaloy
I say definitely on an SC meet. How about Monterey. You know, the Aquarium, 17 mile drive (Pebble Beach model significance there) world class race track, as well as a half-way point between NorCal and SolCal? What do you guys think? "NASCAL SC2" Northern and Southern California 2nd annual SC Meet?. Maybe in Feb. or Mar.? Hmmmmmm....How would 20 or so SC's look rolling down Cannery Row at dusk I wonder?

I'm still pissed that I missed the first SC meet earlier this year. True I didn't have my car but I would've loved to see the SCs...

But yeah, if we can get some turn out, I'm always down for a roadtrip.

Plus, I just got my front griffin badge and my Soarer for the rear. Now I can't make up my mind if I want to pull the Lexus and the "L" off the rear..
Old 09-27-06, 06:28 PM
D-MAN63
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nice Info !

I like your writeup, this is exactly the info I need ! Can't wait for more pics, lets see up close the rear wheels if possible..

Thanks !
Old 09-27-06, 06:52 PM
Dan_K
Lead Lap

Hey, Mike is back!!! COOL!!! What do you guys say. Monterey sounds like a great excuse err reason to get together. Besides, my car is heading to this place tomorrow so I can be like Mike (thanks for your guidance Mike). Can't wait until the next SC meet. I promise I won't leave early.

Dan
Old 09-27-06, 09:30 PM
mmaloy
Driver

Default Vrooom Vrooom!!!

Can't wait to hear your new "voice" Dan! Did you decide to go with a similar set-up? You're gonna DIG it! (however long distances will become a little more fatiguing) Just turn the ML up!
Old 09-27-06, 11:13 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 185 Likes on 144 Posts

yeah the sc430 crowd is growing, i think something is warranted for next yr. we just need somone to put it together now.
Old 09-28-06, 12:09 AM
Yeah!
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by rominl
yeah the sc430 crowd is growing, i think something is warranted for next yr. we just need somone to put it together now.
I would've join you guys but that is too far for me also I really don't wanna add 2k+ miles on the car. How about a national Lexus/sc430 meet? A location halfway for everybody in the U.S....Oh wait, I got a location! How about somewhere in Tx!
Old 09-28-06, 02:17 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

this past weekend we had our biggest national lexus meet up here in norcal. we had over 20 cars coming from socal just for the weekend. we even had 2 people driving all the way from AZ. so there is no excuse

majority rules most people are in cali, wahahaha....
Old 09-28-06, 10:53 AM
Yeah!
Lexus Test Driver

Damn it! Oh well, it was worth a shot!
Old 09-28-06, 02:02 PM
martini3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

nice wheels hipendicul. i'm tempted to buy your old ones, but i guess i wait for a while.....

Anyway, hope you get a kit cause that would wrap around the car very nicely.
Old 09-28-06, 03:17 PM
hipendicul
Pole Position

Originally Posted by teeman3
nice wheels hipendicul. i'm tempted to buy your old ones, but i guess i wait for a while.....

Anyway, hope you get a kit cause that would wrap around the car very nicely.
Let me know, I'll cut you guys a good deal on the wheels but you have to be able to pick them up.

And I don't know if I can run a kit. My car is pretty low but I may try someday. Right now, I still need rear shocks, tires and new paint on the front of the car in that order. But when come time for paint, I have a hunch that this will include a Toms roof spoiler and maybe a Kit.. but thats atleast 6 months away.. =(
Old 09-28-06, 11:11 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

nah your car is not that low, you can do more
Old 09-29-06, 10:16 AM
Dan_K
Lead Lap

You can definitely go lower Ken. E-mail me and we'll hook up so I can show you my set up, body kit and all. Only thing is that you wont be able to drive over anything thicker than a water bottle on it's side.

Dan
Old 09-29-06, 11:04 AM
hipendicul
Pole Position

Damn, you guys are evil... I wouldn't mind going lower but I'm worried about the ride. I think the rear of my car is way to high but I can't do anything about it until i get the correct sized tires, which may be sooner than I thought.

Anyone want to do a mini SC meet this weekend? I'm thinking about taking my car to J-town as they have a parking garage that has the skyline of down town LA for a background. Its a favorite spot for people taking pictures.

TTYL
Ken

P.s. Yeah, I def like the look of the wald kits, really brings down the sides of the car..
Old 09-30-06, 01:03 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by Dan_K
You can definitely go lower Ken. E-mail me and we'll hook up so I can show you my set up, body kit and all. Only thing is that you wont be able to drive over anything thicker than a water bottle on it's side.

Dan
yeah, otherwise you are going to pay the price

but that's a price i am willing to pay
Old 09-30-06, 10:49 AM
hipendicul
Pole Position

Jo jo.... F'ing sweet. Hey email me the full size versions.

Hey also are you down for some pictures over in J-town later on Sunday? Dan-K are you down also?

Thanks again Jo...
Laters
Ken

Quick Reply: I got my new wheels... Pic...