SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Which Kit Do You Like Best?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-06, 12:27 PM
tonydt1g3r
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think you should sticky this thread since it has all the pictures of all the different kits
Old 04-08-06, 04:27 PM
talwang

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Here comes the new body kit from Behrman (a subsidary of Wise Square).
RobSoVIP posted it not long ago.

I just want to add some more clear pics from my photo collection instead of the ones from Wise Square.
The whole kit comes with both front / rear bumper lips, side skirts, rear spoiler and roof spoiler.

Old 04-08-06, 04:29 PM
talwang

More..

Old 04-08-06, 04:30 PM
talwang

Old 04-08-06, 09:55 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

the kit is ok, a bit busy for me

but i am confused, is that tom's roofspoiler?
Old 04-09-06, 06:27 AM
bt430
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Where can you get the Behrman kit?
Old 04-09-06, 09:56 AM
talwang

Originally Posted by rominl
the kit is ok, a bit busy for me

but i am confused, is that tom's roofspoiler?
No, it is not.
They both just look alike from that angle.

Also, you can see the HID fog lamp which is not available for US models.

Last edited by talwang; 04-09-06 at 10:02 AM.
Old 04-09-06, 10:03 AM
talwang

Originally Posted by bt430
Where can you get the Behrman kit?
Try to pm Steve @Carson Toyota.
Or you can pm TLW for these kits, I think.
Old 04-09-06, 01:26 PM
D-MAN63
Lexus Champion

Let me get this straight..

The only full replacement kit is the AutoCouture right?
Old 04-09-06, 02:55 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by talwang
No, it is not.
They both just look alike from that angle.

Also, you can see the HID fog lamp which is not available for US models.

interesting, so it's a different roof spoiler huh. i wonder why it has to be such a big piece again. i always wonder what it's like if it's a smaller piece (not as thick)

and yup, hid fogs very nice, though after doing more homework, i am not sure if it's going to work that easily, especially the led part

and D-MAN, yeah i think the autocouture is the only full replacement so far
Old 04-09-06, 06:28 PM
camillian
Lead Lap

I ordered the LX-mode front lip for my 06 like Gee Bee did. I think it flows a lot better with the lines of the car than this one does

I ordered it from Carson last Sunday. I received the order confirmation email instanly, but I was told someone would contact me within 48 hours. I didn't here back so I emailed Steve, but still nothing.
Old 04-09-06, 07:28 PM
sc430mike
Pole Position

I was told that they were doing a lot of construction there so that may be the reason for the delayed response. I am waiting for my Wald Kit and Blitz exhaust. I cant wait!
Old 04-09-06, 08:41 PM
martini3
Lexus Test Driver

yipee! add another one to the "WALD" club.
I like all the kits for our cars. But when I had the opportunity to buy one, it was the full WALD kit all around. The Blitz kit seem too full body for me. You can't go wrong w/ the Auto Coutre kit as well. Then, there's the JP kit which is a little more expensive cause it's carbon fiber or something. JP is nice, too. The Ebruni and Behrman kit, espcially in the front lip looks awkward cause it didn't seem to have smooth line across the front. But to each his/her own. Everyone's got a diff. taste and flavor and I'm glad to see these aftermarket companies build a flair and exquistie design for our cars. The Exclusive and LX-mode is very nice and smooth, but too bad they don't have the side skirts. That would have even out the side lines on the car. If they did, I would have bought the Exclusive and/or LX-mode.

Here's a front shot of my WALD (stock stance w/ 18's:
(I should have more pics later w/ the 1" inch drop and the spacers added)
Attached Thumbnails Which Kit Do You Like Best?-img18077rz.jpg.jpg  

Last edited by martini3; 04-09-06 at 09:40 PM.
Old 04-09-06, 08:50 PM
sc430mike
Pole Position

Yeah I cant wait! Your kit looks tight- arent you getting some 20"s soon? Soon I will have to decide if I should keep my wheels or get new ones once I have the wald kit on. I wonder since my car is blue/black if black rims with a chrome lip would look good? Any opinions on that? I will get 20's again for sure. I still have the 20x8.5 (f) and 20x9.5 (r) Brabus. I will probably try to sell them and get something with a fatter chrome lip. If I can go to the meet it will be last minute so please dont worry about me.

Thanks, Mike
Old 04-09-06, 09:17 PM
martini3
Lexus Test Driver

Based on what I saw from the internet for the modded SC430's, like jsl757, ROMINL, GSXOTIC, DRSupra and garcia2, for asthetic reasons, the key set-up is staggered 19's or 20's w/ a nice lip size of a cell phone or bigger (when you place the cell phone on the lip). I noticed on all the different models in CL have a couple of things in common. Staggered tires/rims w/ wider back stance and a medium to large rim lip (polished or chrome). Then, you get into the technical design of the rim like 2 or 3 piece, 5 spoke, mesh and so on. The 5-spoke polished w/ a chrome big lip looks solid and mean, similar to that of jsl757 and ROMINL. The multi-spoke polished w/ a chrome big lip looks classy and distinguished similar to that of camillian, GSXOTIC and others. The mesh design on DRSupra (WORK rezax) provides a complicated but yet intriguing flow of the rims, kind of like a puzzle. It looks puzzling, but all the pieces fit together on that kind of rim. It's hard to describe and it's unique. Anyways, you get the big picture.

Of course, the lowering will eventually get rid of that massive factory setting wheel gap and provide a better comfortable ride (depending on the type/manufacture of the springs/coilovers). 8 out of 10 recommend TEIN CS for the complete suspension application. But then, you have Pearlpower and a select few who is like the "First man on the Moon" for our cars that enjoys exploring the outer limits and actually test these aftermarket applications and provide results.

I'm sticking w/ my chrome TRD 18's (all around) and tires at 245/40 18. I did drop it 1". I'm getting spacers to flush the front/back tires out to make it even w/ the side-view.
I didn't want this modding to be too complicated for me in the long run w/ buying a different size tire/rim if I encounter issues like a crack/bent rim, flat tire, etc. I wanted simplicity at it's best w/out sacrificing ride/comfort/handling and overal apperance of the car.

I've waited for everyone else's opinions and results and followed the norm or appropriate standard mods for our cars. I've gained alot of knowledge and respect from those pioneers of SC430 modding and appreciate the "sweat and tear" work that was involved.

I accomplished my modding goals and very happy w/ the results.

WALD kit
Soarer Emblem
Eibach Pro Kit springs (1" drop)
nice chrome TRD rims (18x8 all around)
non-run flat Michelin Pilot Sport AS (245/40 18)
Zaino application (over 100 coats - after claying and adding a coat each time for the past 3 years)
Spacers (15mm and 25mm - front/back)
Clear Bra
possible next mod: metal or billet cabin bracke/acceleration pedals, compact CB radio in the glove, cold air intake

MENTAL NOTE: Dang...This "mod bug" never stops. I just can't stop. Someone pinch me before I spend some more money......AAAAARRRRHHH.....ERRRRRR........

BTW, I come from a loyal Toyota family and this is my first Lexus, luxury sports car ever. Going from a 280ZX which the engine blew and donated to an auto body shop, to a 4-door '98 Toy Avalon for 5 years and to now this?......I've never imagined owning a Lex, yet getting mods done to this type of high-caliber vehicle.

I would like to thank DPRsupra for his inspiration on the Soarer Emblem, RMMGS4 for his assistance w/ my car, ROMINL for his expertise in car mechanics and Pearlpower for his innovative strategies in pushing the SC430 to it's maximum capacity.

Group Hug please.....

Last edited by martini3; 04-09-06 at 09:52 PM.

Quick Reply: Which Kit Do You Like Best?