SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Took the plunge

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-04, 04:08 PM
bjoraker
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Took the plunge

Could not wait any longer and bought a Midnight Pine and saddle 04 SC430... Just could not stop myself after test driving the dealer demo car. Very sweet ride indeed. After tax and title, I paid $63,500 but they have to search for my car at another dealer so I won't get it for possibly weeks, sob. Maybe this week, they don't know yet.
Darn, it is going to be a tough wait.
Been trolling these forums for years now and appreciate all the discussion which helped me shave off thousands of this dealer's usual selling price. I am glad to buy locally as they know I'll be a repeat customer.
Did I mention how tough waiting is going to be?
Old 08-02-04, 04:12 PM
Phu
Pole Position

I feel your pain. I had to wait a month for mine a couple years ago. Well worth the wait though. Welcome to the Club.
Old 08-02-04, 04:14 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,128 Likes on 1,298 Posts

Congratulations!
Old 08-02-04, 04:37 PM
Roofless
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The wait. Hate it!

A couple months ago I was driving near Laguna Beach on the Pacific Coast Highway and spotted your color combo with top down. I wouldn't do this on my black SC because it's played out, but this owner had put on the gold emblem kit and LD-1 wheels with gold highlights. With the sun shining, bringing out the gold flecks of paint in the green, the look was awesome!

Hope your wait is less than a day!
Old 08-02-04, 07:27 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

congrats man
Old 08-02-04, 09:11 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 189 Likes on 130 Posts

Congrats ! I was lucky that they have the exact color combination I want came in when I got my SC430, so I didn't have to wait, so good luck & hope you get it soon. You'll love this car.
Old 08-03-04, 02:08 AM
MY GS300
Lexus Test Driver

Congratulations.

I envy you a lot!

-Donald
Old 08-03-04, 03:51 AM
1NICESC430
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats, bj ...

That was my second color combination choice when I placed my order in early March of 2001 (finally got my car in July of that year). I'd love to see that combo in person, but there are virtually no SC430s around here and no Lexus dealer. In fact, since the car made its debut, I've seen only two in this area and each one only once. Maybe they were just passing through?
Old 08-03-04, 04:26 AM
Carpe Diem
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Brief threadnap:

Ed,

No SC430s? No Lexii period! I drive in upstate NY between Binghamton and Albany regularly and, except for near Albany, seldom see Lexii. Maybe one of the "passing through" SCs you saw was mine, rally red/ivory 400 or abs red/ecru 430 with VA tag?

George

Last edited by Carpe Diem; 08-03-04 at 04:30 AM.
Old 08-03-04, 04:52 AM
1NICESC430
Instructor

George ...

I live in the greater Binghamton area (Vestal). I saw a red SC430 only once. It was sitting outside the Nissan/Volvo showroom on the Vestal Parkway last summer. I wanted to meet the owner, but by the time I was able to turn around (and sit through three different lights) the car was gone. I couldn't see the plates from my vantage point.

There is a smattering of SC300/400s around here, some sedans, but a surprising number of RX300s. You may see more in the Albany area because there's a dealer nearby (Latham, NY).

Binghamton to Albany is a nice ride, eh? Um, that is once you get past the 17 - 7 - I81 junction at Kamikaze Curve.
Old 08-03-04, 05:00 AM
Carpe Diem
Lead Lap

Ed,

Are RXs really Lexii?

Actually I have family in Delaware County so, unless I have a reason to go straight to Albany or Oneonta, I go over the "endless mountains" from Scranton to the Delaware River crossing at Hancock, NY. Great roads for an SC and almost no traffic unlike the gore you mentioned. I seldom stop in BHM.

Where to you go for Lexus service? Allentown?

Sorry about the chat thread readers. Ed, maybe we should move this to the NE forum or PM

George

Last edited by Carpe Diem; 08-03-04 at 05:01 AM.
Old 08-03-04, 05:18 AM
1NICESC430
Instructor

You're right ... I just PMed you.

>Are RXs really Lexii?<
Now I'll leave you to your punishment by the RX owners out there. I'm going to avoid the bloodshed.
Old 08-03-04, 09:12 AM
bjoraker
Driver

Well, I enjoyed reading your exchange. I've seen very few sc430s here in Green Bay. There are a two that I know of.. The dealer is an hour away and that is not so bad, either. This car gets looks wherever it goes, though. Interesting, because it has so may detractors. I was one of them early on til I saw the car in person....
Well, they found several black/saddles that I can have within a week and I am going for that. Thought long and hard about the silver/ecru/birds eye maple on the lot, but the seats will get so stained in hands and silver just doesn't do it for me. Funny, cuz a test drive in that car blew me away.
Old 08-03-04, 09:30 AM
Carpe Diem
Lead Lap

I have ecru in mine and its very easy to keep clean. In this climate in the summer, I think any other interior color would be uncomfortable with the top down. That's probably not a problem in WI. Are you ready for people to call your interior "orange"? I don't get that but I hear it a lot. I think Black/saddle is a great combo. Good luck!

George
Old 08-03-04, 09:41 AM
lkirchner
Lead Lap

Cool Re: Took the plunge

Originally posted by bjoraker
Could not wait any longer and bought a Midnight Pine and saddle 04 SC430... Just could not stop myself after test driving the dealer demo car. Very sweet ride indeed. After tax and title, I paid $63,500 but they have to search for my car at another dealer so I won't get it for possibly weeks, sob. Maybe this week, they don't know yet.
Darn, it is going to be a tough wait.
Been trolling these forums for years now and appreciate all the discussion which helped me shave off thousands of this dealer's usual selling price. I am glad to buy locally as they know I'll be a repeat customer.
Did I mention how tough waiting is going to be?
Congratulations. You are going to love that color combination. It is the same that I purchased about 3 months ago (with the chrome TRD wheels). I never take the car out that I don't get a thumbs up or comments about the color combination. I'm not sure about the gold emblems, not my preference. I have removed the emblems on the rear as well as the grill, makes it look cleaner and more stealth.

There are quite a few SC 430's here in Sacramento, CA but the Midnight Pine has to be the most rare color sold in this area.

Good Luck and the wait will be worth it.

Lou K

Quick Reply: Took the plunge