CA SC400 Tan Interior SF Bay Area

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-14, 04:56 PM
evans92
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SC400 Tan Interior SF Bay Area - Price Reduced

EDIT: Price Reduced

Selling a Tan Interior mostly 1997 parts, but has 1992 seats with heaters (working) and 1992 steering wheel, which I had swapped out. Was going to do a complete conversion from 1992 to 1997, but stopped when I realized the 1997 had passenger air bag that needed sensors and wiring harness that I did not have.

Price is $400 (was $500) for the entire package -- good for someone who wants to sell it in pieces, or fix a car. I do not want to sell piecemeal, so I have set a low price. Do not PM me on individual parts -- if I fail to sell all, I will repost (if allowed) to sell in pieces.

Here's the good news:

Seats have working heaters and are in decent shape. The dealer tried to fix the bolster problem twice way back, so it has been repaired in a so-so manner. There is a small crack in the bottom of the driver's seat that can be dealt with. The leather is not soft, but maybe some conditioner can bring it back. EDIT: Seats are in better condition than most seats I have seen over the years for 1192-1996 models. Dealer repair is solid (no cracks), but coloration could be better.

Driver and passenger airbags are in good condition (never deployed).

The parts are complete except for one black modesty panel that was missing when I bought the interior through this group several years back. (Yes, black -- it goes with the tan interior way underneath the passenger side if I remember correctly.) Also missing some seat belts.

Parts are generally in good condition except as noted below.

Here's the bad news:

Instrument panel has one attachment point broken off - I have the piece and it can be reattached with the right glue (don't ask me what kind). Otherwise instrument panel is complete (1997). EDIT: It is in pristine condition, otherwise.

The interior plastic door window surround tabs are mostly broken. The guy who sold it to me had a mechanic do the work removing the tan and installing a black interior. The mechanic must have forced the plastic parts. Don't remember if the surrounds have the traditional crack in them (they are in storage). EDIT: the tabs are hidden, so if someone knows how to repair/jury rig this issue, they won't be visible.

Headliner has a fold in it. Not really visible when unfolded, so I don't know if this is the way it comes. Looks like it would install fine without seeing the fold, but no guarantees.

Carpet has some staining (not water damage) that I never got around to try to get out. Generally OK however.

I think there was some minor staining on the back window panel that holds the back speaker.

The stuff is in storage and I haven't seen it for a while, so I may have forgotten something. It is in storage in Los Gatos. I can help deliver in the SF Bay area for no charge. You can see it all before finalizing the deal. If not as advertised, walk away. Cash sale.

Last edited by evans92; 08-02-14 at 01:59 PM. Reason: Price reduction and minor edits
Old 07-29-14, 07:22 PM
Supra Dr
Moving SC Threads

Received 122 Likes on 83 Posts

Sale is pick up only with out a vouch.
Old 08-02-14, 02:01 PM
evans92
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bump for price reduction