FS 97+ SC front bumper San Diego $250.00 obo

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-07, 10:29 AM
Sliding SC
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FS 97+ SC front bumper San Diego $250.00 obo

Up for sale is a used 97+ bumper in OK conditon. You will recieve it exactly the same way I did. The paint is not original green and there is a small 1" tear / crack in the edege of the bumper below the side marker light. It may be fixable but I don't know how and can't afford the prep work to get painted at this time so I'm re-selling it. If you can fix it or don't notice it and it doesn't bother you then this is a great deal for you. Pics can be found in "tuninghaus" thread 99 SC300/400 Front Bumper and I can send more detailed ones upon request.

If you follow the thread then you will see what happend and why I have to relist so lets please keep this thread clean and for serious interested buyers.

Note: I still owe $30.00 and as soon as I get the funds it will be given or the difference of what it sells for. Thanks for mediating the issue Dave because I was having a hard time explaining the situation to tuninghaus and thanks tuninghaus (jason) for patients in remaining payment.
Old 09-16-07, 11:46 AM
tuninghaus
Lead Lap

***to everyone else interested: i know a few people looked at the bumper locally, i don't know if the damage, tear was even that visible then? everyone who has seen it never brought it up, nor was i able to see the 1" tear..
so honestly i could not say it was there or not and i haven't even gotten pictures of that damage so i dont' even know.

after looking at the bumper closer with a few opinions, i don't THINK the green paint is original though? again i dont' know if it'll make a difference to anyone because like i mentioned, IT WILL NEED TO BE REPAINTED!
other issue that was brought up by Sliding SC was that there were some light spider cracks in the existing green paint. in my opinion that is just at the surface and i've seen it on my SC and also my friend pointed out he had some on his as well. i believe it's just age, time and wear on the paint and NOT on the bumper.
again, a normal prepped work/paint job will Definitely take care of that.
other than that, the bumper really isn't in a bad condition whatsoever. there were absolutely no fitment issues or cracks. i have plenty more pictures of it on my car to post if SLIDING SC likes in this post.

SUMMARY- it's a USED bumper, expect minor stuff but over all rigidity, fitment and structure of the bumper, it's a good 97+ bumper for the price. i've seen many others that were a lot worse than this one sell for as much or more!

bryan, this is pretty unfortunate that our sale turned out this way. but i am not trying to scam you or anyone, nor am i trying to bash you i hope you know that. i've bought/sold hundreds of items on supraforums, ebay (100% +), clublexus, turbomustangs with a lot of positive feedback.
i will try to help you describe the bumper as best and honest as i can to sell it.
i'm sorry if you've taken my post as misrepresentation and you were disappointed. please feel free to add what you think is proper but i just described it according to the way i honestly saw it.
but for future reference, i would recommend that you do not take anything home, exchange money, nor sign anything saying you bought it, if you truly weren't sure you wanted it.

dave, thank you for stepping in and mediating our situation before it got carried away any further. i would do as you said of this sale, i think that is fair and that's just what i wanted to do. honestly that'd be great if i got my $30 but i'm not expecting it back. i'm sure Sliding SC can paypal me the $30 if he really wanted to. i dont' think it's going to break anyone's bank.. but that really wasn't the point nor will i make it a huge issue.. it's the agreement that we agreed upon and abiding by it, that is what i feel is the right thing to do.
Old 09-16-07, 11:46 AM
Gunnar
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Man, I had the money ready to buy it from tuninghaus but when I saw it was pending I spent it on other parts
Old 09-16-07, 12:56 PM
jgdynamics
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

my last offer to tuninghaus was 200.... lemme knoe whuts up. and ill drive to pick it up and can u get me a pic of the crack?
Old 09-16-07, 08:45 PM
Sliding SC
Pole Position

Hey jg Let me know your e-mail and I'll send you a couple pics. I'm sorry but I atleast need my money back and I don't think Tunin would have accepted $200.00 because all though he said 250 obo he wouldn't budge in the price. If he doesn't mind letting it go for the $220.00 now that all this stuff came up then its yours..
Old 09-16-07, 08:50 PM
Sliding SC
Pole Position

Thanks for your post Jason and updated description but like I said lets keep this thread for the sale clean and not for trying to explain stuff again.
Old 09-16-07, 11:08 PM
jgdynamics
Racer

hey man, my e-mail is xpdition1@aol.com

yea he said he would let it go for 200, but someone else was on it first for asking price... lemme knoe whuts up, hopefully he chimes in on this
Old 09-16-07, 11:54 PM
tuninghaus
Lead Lap

bryan (sliding sc), i really have no say in what you sell the bumper for, you can ask and get whatever you want for it, it's yours.

my only preference would be to have you paypal me the $30 personally without involving another party. but if it comes from someone else, i don't care either. i just hope it would be done sooner than later.

i'm curious about the damage and tear you were referring to. i'd like to see it, can you post up the pictures so not only i can see it but others can as well if they are interested. thanks

Last edited by tuninghaus; 09-16-07 at 11:58 PM.
Old 09-17-07, 01:01 PM
jgdynamics
Racer

still waiting on the pics....
Old 09-17-07, 09:49 PM
Sliding SC
Pole Position

Sorry JG I can't do 200.00 Because I had to give Jason 220.00 plus hes still waiting for $30.00 and as you can see he doesn't want to give it up. I won't be able to send pics till tomorow afternoon when I borrow my friends camera and will send them asap. When you recieve them please post them up for everyone to see.

I would give it to you for 200.00 if Jason gives up the $30.00 which means I'll lose $20.00 plus my whole afternoon but don't really care cause I have no use for it anyway as it is.. But as you can see Jason does not want to budge on the price to me even though he agreed to your 200.00 before I came out he would not give it to me for 200.00 or even 220.00 and said I was low balling him even though I drove all the way out to find it was not as truely described. Although I think 200.00 is fair he feels its a low ball price so I'm sorry but I really need to get 250.00 for it.

If he does chime in and drop his 30.00 I'll give it to you for 200.00 and lose the 20.00 as a bad lesson for me to trust other peoples description of items because although they may know how to work on cars and stuff they still may not know the difference in factory and spray paint and see stuff like cracks / tears even though its where a mounting hole is and should be seen when mounting or dismounting. But I'll give him the benifit of the doubt cause if I could not see it at night maybe he mounted and dismounted it at night and also did not see it.

I've learned I can't trust peoples descriptions and should verify 100% before purchasing something or even going to check it out especially if I have to borrow a truck and drag the family out for a few hours to get it.

I live on a pay check to pay check basis while raising a family and don't come across money so easily so if I can get the full amount that would be great.

Again I said I would send pics to those interested. They'll go out as soon as I get a camera and if possible someone please post them on this thread..

Thanks guys...
Old 09-18-07, 03:08 PM
ProjectLex
Lead Lap

I'd like to see some pics of it.

Quit flaming
Old 09-18-07, 04:02 PM
Sliding SC
Pole Position

Sure thing Project, let me know your e-mail and I'll send some pics as soon as I take them.

If one of you guys can post them up afrer your recieve it that would be a great help..

Thanks again guys..
Old 09-18-07, 06:21 PM
5spdSC300
Lead Lap

please send pics to twinturbosoarer@gmail.com. thanks
Old 09-18-07, 06:55 PM
Deceptik1
Lead Lap

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Your PMs are full

Are you Kenneth's cousin? How much you want for the 97 rear? Do you have the extensions also?

Thanks
Alvin
Old 09-18-07, 08:38 PM
Sliding SC
Pole Position

Hey there guys, I just sent some pics to those that left there e-mail on here. someone please post them up if you guys can....

Quick Reply: FS 97+ SC front bumper San Diego $250.00 obo