SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

What Makes a Pebble Beach Unique? I will Illustrate for you!

Old 10-24-09, 07:46 AM
scdroptop

Received 47 Likes on 22 Posts
Default The Definitive Lexus SC430 Pebble Beach and Neiman Marcus Edition Post

When I started my quest for another SC, I really wanted red/ecru. As you all grimmaced through my decision making process with me, I fell more and more in love with the uniqueness of the PB Editions.

There are three or four of us "special edition" guys on here that are fairly active...VietPrince has the MOST RARE special edition, the NM (100 made) and the rest of us have pretty rare cars...400-600 made each year. I believe someone just bought a 2008 PB on here too.

The 2005 Pebble Beach Edition (see my signature for all the proper terms) has some of the most unique features of all the Pebble Beach Cars. Arguably the White 2007, Black 2005 and the Silver Bell 2002 NM edition were the coolest looking cars with the stark red "pimento" interiors, but each PB Edition is very rare and very cool in their own right. The 2008-2010 models are kind of a blur because they are not that drastically different from each other. The first year 2004 was baby blue with a tan/black interior and unique wood, whereas the 2005 was black with bright red interior...

Each Pebble Beach is most easily identified by thet badges on the quarter panels.

The 2005 has several distinctive qualities that I will illustrate for you via pics

First five pics...the very uniqe headlights (only SC to have these), the red illuminated kick plates...side badges, middle console shifter badge and the floor mats can be seen in these pics. Also notice the dark birdseye maple used on a couple of other PB's too. Very unique. It's hard to capture the unique patterns unless it's really light...these are iphone pics so no flash.
Attached Thumbnails What Makes a Pebble Beach Unique?  I will Illustrate for you!-mypb1.jpg   What Makes a Pebble Beach Unique?  I will Illustrate for you!-mypb2.jpg   What Makes a Pebble Beach Unique?  I will Illustrate for you!-mypb3.jpg   What Makes a Pebble Beach Unique?  I will Illustrate for you!-mypb4.jpg   What Makes a Pebble Beach Unique?  I will Illustrate for you!-mypb5.jpg  

Last edited by scdroptop; 09-06-10 at 09:41 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by scdroptop:
jdkampfer (03-12-23), SC430SRQ (03-28-24)
Old 10-24-09, 07:52 AM
scdroptop

Default Some more unique pics...

Some other identifying characteristics are the dark badges which you can buy I believe, the wheels and the RED engine cover (only had this on the 2002 NM Edition and the 2005) and the red cargo cover pull.

The car came with two sets of mats. I believe one black set with red Pebble Beach Edition badging and another red with black. My car for some reason has two sets of red! I would love to get the black mats someday but they are hard to find.

If you are a purist and like totally OEM, then you might have opted to keep the two tone chrome/gunmetal OEM Pebble Beach Wheels which don't look bad, but too small and too dull for me. I like big chromes on my car! LOL

Very unique too...the engine cover, cargo pull, headlights and wheels really make the 2005 Pebble Beach rare and that's why I chose it.

My dream would be to have the 2007, the 2002 NM and this one in my garage at the same time!!!!

PS-you have to like red if you want one of these cars!

Very cool!!!!
Attached Thumbnails What Makes a Pebble Beach Unique?  I will Illustrate for you!-mypb6.jpg   What Makes a Pebble Beach Unique?  I will Illustrate for you!-mypb7.jpg   What Makes a Pebble Beach Unique?  I will Illustrate for you!-mypb8.jpg   What Makes a Pebble Beach Unique?  I will Illustrate for you!-mypb9.jpg   What Makes a Pebble Beach Unique?  I will Illustrate for you!-pebblebeachwheelstires.jpg  

Old 10-24-09, 08:31 PM
scdroptop

forgot to mention the exterior paint...just like a couple of other PB's (the blue 2004 and I believe another one has a slightly different paint too?)

The Black Diamond Pearl is definitely different!

In very light situations, it has a touch of blue and silver pearl in the black. Almost makes you think it's got some paint on it you ran over in the road!

This picture in the upper right hand corner of the rear quarter shows it best.

In most situations it looks like a black. Can almost (depending on how color blind you are!) look blue, dark green, purple or charcoal too! Very neat IMHO
Attached Thumbnails What Makes a Pebble Beach Unique?  I will Illustrate for you!-2076-2005-sc430-wheels.jpg  
Old 10-25-09, 02:08 AM
tromly
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

SCDROPTOP, congrats on a great write-up, you are certainly the consummate authority for the PB editions, my dream car !! Didn't know about that black pearl paint having the blue/silver highlights!! The red engine cover really has some POP!!
Old 10-25-09, 09:04 AM
scdroptop

Thanks. I am still learning...the engine cover, wheels, red interior and the headlights really make the 2005 stand out. I love the two tone interior on the Tiger Eye Mica 2006 PB but not my choice of exterior color. Very unique interior though. I have often wondered that if I had to re-do my leather in my car one day if I would go for a two tone look?

What would be cool is if Lexus offered some parts for the PB edition. What if you could add the wheels or the mats to your stock SC? Or how about those headlights on a 2006+ black SC? Might be super cool. I can't even order a set of black PB mats for mine!

My favorite is the 2007 that DH has...with the spyder wheels I'd even take it all stock! The NM is very very cool too. Vietprince has the nicest modded special edition I've ever seen. These cars will truly be rare in ten years or so. That's why I had to jump on mine!
Old 10-25-09, 11:16 AM
IStoSC
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm so glad you bought this car bro...I'm mad jealous but you deserve it after the diligence you put into finding it and for starting a lot of threads on this gem...
Old 10-25-09, 12:38 PM
mrblister
Pole Position

Received 64 Likes on 56 Posts

The 2005 pebble beach came with two sets of red floor mats . There was never an option for black with red pebble beach mats for that year. If there are black mats that have the pebble beach logo I am not sure what year they would of come with. I know for sure the 2005 pebble beach came with the two sets of red also came with a Tumi black napa leather garmet bag with the pebble beach logo branded on luggage tag . When I got my car I was able to find another brand new pebble beach black napa leather tumi garment on ebay . They had the original mfg suggested retail price on the tag was $ 695.00. I bought it for the wife.
Old 10-25-09, 12:48 PM
scdroptop

mrblister Nice! Obviously with a used car I wasn't fortunate enough to get that! I've seen some 05 PB's online for sale with a set of black mats, red PB logo...must be from the 2007 they ordered as replacement mats? I'm trying to get a set! I would have loved to have that TUMI bag. I have a lot of TUMI luggage, wallets, etc. They make great stuff.
Old 10-26-09, 01:14 AM
TooCoolSC
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, I'm all but positive the '05 PB came with two sets of red mats. The white '07 PB edition had the black mats, as seen here.....

http://www.babez.de/lexus/sc430pebbl...e-beach-05.jpg

http://www.conceptcarz.com/view/phot...ion_photo.aspx

If you can't get the black PB mats, plain black mats would still achieve the desired contrast and overall "look".
Old 10-26-09, 01:49 PM
tromly
Pole Position

Originally Posted by scdroptop
Thanks. I am still learning...the engine cover, wheels, red interior and the headlights really make the 2005 stand out. I love the two tone interior on the Tiger Eye Mica 2006 PB but not my choice of exterior color. Very unique interior though. I have often wondered that if I had to re-do my leather in my car one day if I would go for a two tone look?

What would be cool is if Lexus offered some parts for the PB edition. What if you could add the wheels or the mats to your stock SC? Or how about those headlights on a 2006+ black SC? Might be super cool. I can't even order a set of black PB mats for mine!

My favorite is the 2007 that DH has...with the spyder wheels I'd even take it all stock! The NM is very very cool too. Vietprince has the nicest modded special edition I've ever seen. These cars will truly be rare in ten years or so. That's why I had to jump on mine!
Only on Ebay have I seen the side fender markers, went for $59.00, the mats went for 89.00, and the center console PB emblem went for 44.00. No other PB items have I ever seen. These items were individual auctions within the last year.
Old 10-26-09, 01:54 PM
tromly
Pole Position

Originally Posted by scdroptop
When I started my quest for another SC, I really wanted red/ecru. As you all grimmaced through my decision making process with me, I fell more and more in love with the uniqueness of the PB Editions.

There are three or four of us "special edition" guys on here that are fairly active...VietPrince has the MOST RARE special edition, the NM (100 made) and the rest of us have pretty rare cars...400-600 made each year. I believe someone just bought a 2008 PB on here too.

The 2005 Pebble Beach Edition (see my signature for all the proper terms) has some of the most unique features of all the Pebble Beach Cars. Arguably the White 2007, Black 2005 and the Silver Bell 2002 NM edition were the coolest looking cars with the stark red "pimento" interiors, but each PB Edition is very rare and very cool in their own right. The 2008-2010 models are kind of a blur because they are not that drastically different from each other. The first year 2004 was baby blue with a tan/black interior and unique wood, whereas the 2005 was black with bright red interior...

Each Pebble Beach is most easily identified by thet badges on the quarter panels.

The 2005 has several distinctive qualities that I will illustrate for you via pics

First five pics...the very uniqe headlights (only SC to have these), the red illuminated kick plates...side badges, middle console shifter badge and the floor mats can be seen in these pics. Also notice the dark birdseye maple used on a couple of other PB's too. Very unique. It's hard to capture the unique patterns unless it's really light...these are iphone pics so no flash.
Any chance a NM owner can give us a write-up similar to the one you provided on the PB?? That would really be something
Old 10-26-09, 02:51 PM
scdroptop

^^^^^ Amen...I'd also like to see other unique PB's that are truly different. Seems like there are a few years that they had some really unique options.
Old 10-27-09, 04:51 AM
tromly
Pole Position

Anyone out there have any idea how many NM owners are CL members, we really need a write-up on these collector cars. Wonder if all 100 are still on the road ??
Old 10-27-09, 08:22 PM
mrblister
Pole Position

Received 64 Likes on 56 Posts

I have researched alot of the PB models and they really are basicaly all the same except for color exterior and interior colors wheel trims different color lexus logo door sills same pebble beach fender markings. Pebble beach special coin cover logo. 05 has blacked out headlights with black pearl logos on rear trunk. Engine cover option The NM model came with a special embroidered car cover. Each year Pb came with some special luggage like tumi garment bag or a leather golf bag. etc . The name Pebble Beach just evokes a real sense of something special
Old 10-27-09, 08:55 PM
scdroptop

The NM is the only other special edition SC to have the red engine cover.

The NM also had the chrome dinner plates, no side quarter panel badges but a special neiman marcus coin tray emblem.

It also seems that the "Silver Belle" paint was slightly different and the "candy cane" red is slightly different from the Pimento in the 2005 and 2007.

Don't know if this one is still for sale, but this and VIETPRINCE's might be the only two I've ever seen for sale.

http://www.carsforsale.com/used_cars...0_104207248_29

In Dec 2001, I was walking into Neiman Marcus at the new mall in Plano Texas called Willow Bend and it was sitting outside the door with the top down and big red bow on it.

Wow...that and the Terminator 3 movie made me fall in love with this car!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What Makes a Pebble Beach Unique? I will Illustrate for you!