SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Airbag light on, searched to no avail

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-08, 04:15 PM
andrewwake
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Airbag light on, searched to no avail

Ok, so trying to figure out why my airbag light is on, I jumped the Tc & E1 terminals and hoping it was only code 22 I found out I'm pretty much f*!#ed. I searched on here and in my manual for about an hour or two with not much success. Can anyone help? I need to find out airbag codes 11, 14, 22(well i know this one), and 54. Thank you anyone for your help.
Old 06-26-08, 04:47 PM
TheMole
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Did you ever swap out steering wheels? Could be a broken clock spring.
Here are the codes:

DTC 11 - Short in Squib Circuit or Front Airbag Sensor Circuit (to Ground)
The squib circuit consists of the center airbag sensor assembly, spiral cable, steering wheel pad (squib), wire harness, and front passenger airbag assembly. It causes the SRS to deploy when the SRS deployment conditions are satisfied.

DTC 14 - Open in D Squib Circuit
The D squib circuit Consists of the center airbag sensor assembly, spiral cable and the steering wheel pad (squib). It causes the airbag to deploy when the airbag deployment conditions are satisfied.

DTC 22 - SRS Warning Light System Malfunction
The SRS warning light is located on the combination meter.
When the SRS is normal, the SRS warning light lights up for approx. 6 seconds after the ignition switch is turned from LOCK position to ACC or ON position, and then turns off automatically. If there is a malfunction in the SRS, the SRS warning light lights up to inform the driver of the abnormality.
When terminals Tc and E1 of the DLC 1 are connected, the diagnostic trouble code is displayed by the blinking of the SRS warning light.
The SRS warning light circuit is equipped with an electrical connection check mechanism which detects when the connector to the center airbag sensor assembly is not properly connected.
If the connector to the center airbag sensor assembly is not properly connected, the SRS warning light will not light up.
Diagnostic trouble code 22 is recorded when a malfunction occurs in the SRS warning light system. If an OPEN malfunction occurs in the SRS warning light system, the SRS warning light does not light up, so that until the malfunction is repaired, the diagnostic trouble codes (including code 22) cannot be confirmed.

DTC 54 - Open in P Squib Circuit
The P squib circuit consists of the center airbag sensor assembly, wiring harness connector and front passenger airbag assembly (squib). It causes the airbag to deploy when the airbag deployment conditions are satisfied.
Old 06-26-08, 05:08 PM
andrewwake
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thank you greatly for that info. The light has been on since I bought the car, just never got around to checking the codes. If the steering wheel was replaced or tampered with I'm thinking I might as well just buy a 3 spoke and try to make that work. Thanks again.