SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Almost 30 yrs old, Almost 300,000 miles

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-19, 12:55 PM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 373 Likes on 218 Posts

I agree that these cars are meant to be driven, but having had a few of them in the past, I wanted one as close to "new" as possible.
Old 06-30-19, 01:41 AM
99ROLLA
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not to bad, now get out there and put another 200k on her
The following users liked this post:
SCJim (06-30-19)
Old 07-02-19, 08:58 PM
Ramblerman
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Built to run for sure. Bullet looks good. Mine is taking a break still and being garage kept. I take it out for the short run. I have to start paying it more attention now that I have the Subie done. Barbary, you are quite the photographer and travel a lot. Keep it up as I look forward to your adventures.
Old 07-02-19, 09:10 PM
CustomSC
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Very impressive! What type of maintenance have you performed to keep your car in such great condition?
Old 07-03-19, 03:04 PM
Barbary
Instructor

Received 484 Likes on 291 Posts

Originally Posted by ThomasGS4
I agree that these cars are meant to be driven, but having had a few of them in the past, I wanted one as close to "new" as possible.
Thomas, I hear you and more power to ya
All the Best
and thank you for what you do!
ThomasGS4 (07-06-19)
Old 07-03-19, 03:12 PM
Barbary
Instructor

Originally Posted by Ramblerman
Built to run for sure. Bullet looks good. Mine is taking a break still and being garage kept. I take it out for the short run. I have to start paying it more attention now that I have the Subie done. Barbary, you are quite the photographer and travel a lot. Keep it up as I look forward to your adventures.
Ramblerman, great hearing from you, How ya doin? Its summertime, nows the time to be workin on all SC's
Hey go on to the clubs Digital Photography forum. Its right there, you might be surprised and see how right you are. The Bullet does not sit idle much

All the Best, Barbary
Old 07-03-19, 03:32 PM
Barbary
Instructor

Originally Posted by CustomSC
Very impressive! What type of maintenance have you performed to keep your car in such great condition?
you know, I probably do the minimum. The cars been in the family for most of its life, its never really been abused or over hit bottom
the 2 basic points, I think, its a California car and they don't allow us to even touch the engine, so its exactly as the builders in Japan meant it to be
and the other is cars here that don't live on the beach don't rust

I do the regular maintenance tires, batteries, oil changes, but the car never breaks. Other than that I keep it washed and I wax it twice a yr, cause I like the color and others seem to also. Thanks for the compliment
Old 07-03-19, 06:47 PM
Ramblerman
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm hanging in there. Had to put a new dd together as my explorer has just about reached it's limit. So I found a clean outback limited. (No rust) and stuffed it full of new parts, engine +. Found out Subaru parts almost cost as much as Lexus parts. LOL! Your lucky as far as what California weather does to a car. Mine is decent for having spent all it's years here in PA but shows it. So refreshing it one step at a time. Lot harder to do things than when I was young and healthy. I get into perusing the forum when I have time and look at the photos and all. Summer is here but it seems I have lots to do other than work on the SC at the moment. Keep on trucking, and posting.
Old 07-03-19, 07:54 PM
jainla
Intermediate

Received 42 Likes on 24 Posts

Great pic!

After re-foaming 4 OEM speakers; installing my streaming / bluetooth system, re-plugging in the rear window defroster (window replaced and never plugged in), doing the fuel pump bypass (which stranded the car on an busy street after I had JUST put it back together) and 4 new tires I'm driving from LA to SF tomorrow for the weekend.

Road Trip! I'm excited; I've done the drive many times but never in the SC. Gonna drive the PCH back through Big Sur on Sunday.

This car has been troublesome compared to my 2 LS's (mostly because of deferred maintenance) but I don't care; the work has been fun and I did most of it myself. I have to remind myself to that I have 4 other cars that need to go out because I want to take it out all the time. I want to polish the headlights (remove haze) and put ceramic tint on the windows and have the driver's seat leather repainted and then I"m done for now. Or not. I love love love this little car.

Driving this car is like driving joy. Happy 4th y'all.

Old 07-05-19, 11:53 PM
Barbary
Instructor

Originally Posted by jainla
Great pic!

Road Trip! I'm excited; I've done the drive many times but never in the SC. Gonna drive the PCH back through Big Sur on Sunday.

I love love love this little car.

Driving this car is like driving joy. Happy 4th y'all.

Ain't no better drive on the planet than "the Pacific Coast Hwy" IMHO. I'm on it a lot around Half Moon Bay, probably my favorite spot in Cal. and that's saying a lot,Because I can do it w the Bullet.
I have a plan you might like: sell your other cars and dump the money in your SC
All the Best______Barbary as in (Coast)
Old 07-08-19, 10:49 PM
jainla
Intermediate

Received 42 Likes on 24 Posts

It's amazing. Started out from Oakland and headed towards Monterey, then Carmel all the way down to San Luis Obispo.

Lexie was amazing; quick when I needed it to be and agile when I wanted to be. I was driving it through my friends' neighborhood in Oakland Hills and it got more attention than his RCF

SCJim (07-09-19)
Old 07-11-19, 01:11 PM
Barbary
Instructor

Glad you you had a great trip. The photos you took are really nice, they are photos that most people will never be able to take. I'm always grateful that I can.
Route 1 gets a little tedious from Big Sur south. I don't take that too often. I was wondering if you went bye Pigeon Point lighthouse by Half Moon Bay Area a photographers dream shoot

"I was driving it through my friends' neighborhood in Oakland Hills and it got more attention than his RCF"
just a thought, can you imagine the looks my purple car gets in Oakland and for that matter in SF. I live that everyday

All the Best_____Barbary