Back from the dead 💀

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-18, 08:25 PM
SEIDO
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Back from the dead 💀

Alas! I have returned.
So some of you remember me; some maybe don’t.
This is SEIDO, formerly known as CityKnight.
Well, a long time ago (about 2 years actually), in a galaxy far far away ... I crashed my poor Lexus into a guard-rail playing in the snow ⛄️
Broke as I was, it couldn’t be fixed, and I worried ‘bout what I would do. I thought I should sell it, but that broke my heart, after blood sweat and tears had been shed in it’s time (I bought it in 2012). I wouldn’t get much in the state it was in, but needed whatever I’d find. Yae though I walked through the valley ofthe shadow of death I feared no junkyard, for I was steadfast in my quest to rebuild; returning the maiden to her glory days. So torn between need and desire, I sent her into pergatory (a storage garage in Binghamton, N.Y. for $60/mth), and vowed to return from the odyssey upon which I’d stepped ... I made my way unto an island, where the sirens had been slain, and only the voices of rabid devils roared incessantly from dusk to dawn ... Where over decades of trial and tribulation, boys had died becoming men, the weak were weeded out, and insanity, chaos, and suffering was the norm. The only CAR that mattered there, was one worn upon the chest; as sign that this was a bigger devil than the rest.

BEHOLD!
I am back, and returned for my beauty; though broken I still see her as she once was, and lo it’s been a year since my journey, I have enough means now to make good on my promise. So I’ve bought her a new face, a better body to improve her performance beyond what was her best at the time. My love will be more ... Stronger, Faster, and More Lovely than ever ...
My queen, my Lexus.

Okay I’m done 😂
But to me this is kinda epic.

So yeah ... Basically, I can finally afford to fix it. Therefore it’s in the shop now, getting a new front end and body kit put on. I might pick up some new wheels too, even though I don’t need em quite yet, but I’ve found a deal. I’ve missed my SC. No way could I sell it. It’s costing me about $3000 total. I coulda bought anther one, but no ... I’ve put too much into this one and I’ve already taken care of all the gremlins over time; so I know this car well.

For those of you who didn’t get it btw, I’m a cop as I’ve probabaly mentioned once or twice in some posts, but I joined the Marine Corps last year as a reservist, lol.
(I was 34 but I got an age-waiver; I’ll be 36 in September).
So it really helped financially; otherwise with a wife and daughter, I wouldn’t have had enough to save the SC. God I love that car.

So as soon as it’s back from the body shop, I’ll post some pics. I can’t wait to be driving it again.
Glad to be back too; I missed you guys, and this forum.

- Semper Fi

Last edited by SEIDO; 08-03-18 at 08:38 PM.
Old 08-04-18, 04:52 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 429 Likes on 314 Posts

glad you are back and decided to restore your SC . Good Luck !
Old 08-04-18, 06:15 PM
KahnBB6

Received 1,221 Likes on 856 Posts

Welcome back! Hearing of someone coming back to their favorite car after a long hiatus is great news! Also glad and happy for you, sir! Wishing you luck for the car's speedy recovery
Old 08-04-18, 08:14 PM
SEIDO
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Thank you!
I can’t wait to post pics.

This was the damage ...

Old 08-06-18, 08:24 AM
jdmek998
Intermediate

Received 56 Likes on 40 Posts

Ouch!! That was a good hit.Good luck with the rebuild!