SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Where is the Door Lock Control Module Receiver?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-18, 10:19 AM
chlngr
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where is the Door Lock Control Module Receiver?

1995 SC400. My manual says the unit is under the dash on the driver's side. When I take off the covers and cram my head in there, I see several ECU's but not the Door Lock Control Module.
Is it perhaps in the driver's door?

I have several issues I'm working to resolve with this car, I might as well lay them out here, perhaps someone will see a common thread, or help me solve some or all.

1. The driver's window controls don't work MOST of the time - for both windows. But once in a while they do. My guess is that the Door Lock Control Module, which includes a circuit to operate the windows for a few seconds after the car is turned off, is not working correctly. I have tried replacing the switches, with no change in symptoms.

2. The blower fan speed stays on medium high most of the time, and occasionally pulses. I read here that this is caused by a bad blower resistor - this resistor is a separate unit, right behind the glove box in 92-94 models, that in 1995 it is part of the A/C Control Unit. I've tried 4 different A/C Control Units and the fan problem remains the same.
I see on eBay, a blower resistor for 95-96 SC, but eBay's descriptions are so bad I have my doubts - and I cannot find anything that looks like the piece pictured.

3. The exterior light warning light is on, on the dash. As if a headlight or taillight is out. The only exterior light that does not work is the "high" brake light on the spoiler. Are these related? I tried replacing the brake light failure module, to no avail.

At nearly 200k the car is great, I'd just like to solve these things and make it perfect.
Thank you all for any help.

Last edited by chlngr; 02-18-18 at 10:32 AM. Reason: Adding more information
Old 02-20-18, 07:43 PM
Luxor
Pole Position

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

Here you go.
The following users liked this post:
BlackIRON (02-21-18)
Old 03-06-18, 04:42 PM
chlngr
Driver School Candidate

Default Thanks

Thank you for the diagram Luxor. Since I posted, I found a 95 SC400 at a Pick-n-pull and spent some time looking around. I still haven't located the Door Lock Control Module among all the ECU's they've packed under the dash. A guy at the junkyard told em it's way up against the firewall, that the easiest way he knew was to remove the dash. !!
But I'll be going back in this weekend to make another attempt.
If you have any ideas about the root problem, I'm only guessing that the DLCM is at fault. I drive the car every day, and these issues are beginning to bug me.
Thanks again!!
Old 03-06-18, 06:47 PM
logix7
Driver

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

its not behind the dash. as you can see in the picture its below the passenger side rear window.. remove rear seat and right side panel.
Old 04-09-19, 11:22 AM
Aristoman
Driver

is there a pinout diagram for this module? I'd like to install aftermarket keyless entry and i'd like to know which wires i need to tap into.

Thanks