Search this Thread

Old 01-08-17, 10:00 AM
bboykid10
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by tsmith1315
Here, Here!

Back when our SC's were introduced, there were only a couple of choices for a short antenna. Bosch made a helical wound model (the Autoflex) that was about 18" long, but contained a standard length element. They were expensive, worked well and no one bought them. The other was just a short flexible rubber mast that wasn't compensated in any way and stunk as an antenna, we called them "rubber duck" antennas. They sold like hotcakes then, and still do. If I didn't mention it before, they stink. I get riled up, too...

Just for a little clarification here, a standard monopole car antenna is about 30" long. That corresponds to ¼ wavelength at the frequency in the center of the FM band. Ideally, the antenna would be a little shorter or longer for ¼ wave operation at FM frequencies above or below that. If the Lexus power antenna changed the mast length based on station frequency, that's fantastic and I'm eternally pissed at my car's previous owner for replacing it with a rubber duck. Beyond that, you can't just shorten the mast without compensating with element design, electronics, or both. And neither are as good as an antenna of proper length.

Be aware- these stubby masts that are sold separately and screw on to your existing mount obviously have no active electronic compensation, so unless they have used element design and/or passive compensation, they may not work well. But they do look good.

-Tim
yeah honestly they dont do anything but doesnt hurt my reception. my stock power antenna was broken and it didnt work so i had a static reception. knowing that lexus parts esspecially as old would cost a chunk (and me not liking the look of a giant antenna that looks like an RC CAR), found an alternative that was cheap and still had good reception. like gerrb said, i am in the city so it doesnt matter on adjustablility of the antenna. IT WORKS and i dont have to cut or trim anything so thats all that matters to me. plus im experimenting hehe
Old 01-10-17, 04:48 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 429 Likes on 314 Posts

OP (****) - this post is not directed to you but in general . Knowing how much you spent on that SC400 of yours , it wasn't cheap in anyway. Allow me to post what is on my mind since it emphasizes a point said many times by a lot of people who care about the SC in general.

Many pick up an SC since so many are so cheap to start with. Then , when there is something to maintain , instead of installing the right part , ( it's Lexus so it is an expensive part ... what where you thinking ... it was a luxury car back then ) , they rigged something or install something else. They give all kinds of reasons or justifications for what they do which many times are non sense. And at times even hearing some say that damn Lexus (who spent tons of money on R&D and employing tons of engineers) didn't do right as though they are better than many of the Lexus engineers who were part of the R&D. That is how all these bastardized SC come to being. People have the wrong car to start with . Either it was cheap to start with or they knew its potential to build a performance car but truly couldn't maintain it and keep up with it as a luxury car. Look at those who spent a lot buying their SC to start with , they usually are the ones who install the best parts available in the market.

Sorry , if the truth hurts anyone , it is what it is . The SC community used to be the most visited sub-section on this forum .. but not anymore. The real enthusiasts just slowly drifted away instead of saying what was on their mind in fear of hurting people's feeling. Where is that pride of owning an SC now when we see bastardized SCs ? To see a damn motorcycle or bicycle side view mirror on an SC with a reason that there are blind spots is ridiculous. Sorry I know I am gonna hurt someone's feeling but it is what it is. It is your car to do what you want to do but to give such ridiculous justifications is absurd . You loose a lot of functionality like being able to adjust the mirrors upward , side way from the comfort of your seat. You can't do that when it is raining so hard out there or you are backing your car on a tight spot . You loose the functionality of heated mirrors for some. Who , SC lover will not shake his head when they see such SC on the road with a bicycle mirror ? The OEM antenna is expensive as **** said . I get it . It is not his style , I get it . He is only always in the city . I get it . But the truth is it still is the right part to get the right functionality for the OEM radio. Let me ask him to go 30 miles north of I-85 from where he is right now and I bet he won't get 80% of the radio stations he was tuning in while in the city and won't say IT WORKS. Well this antenna issue is not really the point of my post , I am referring more to the many other things we see people do on their cars that are at times even jeopardizing the safety of people on board. If it is for the betterment of the SC , I am all for it , but if it is not and you do it just because it is cheaper ... please ...you got the wrong car . It maybe your money, I get that , but don't justify what you do on your car when you are actually bastardizing it and probably are misleading others or worst jeopardizing their safety.

Let us have some pride with our SCs .. do what is right . If you can't get the best upgraded part or the OEM part for the SC , then you probably have the wrong car to start with. It is already a dying breed and soon will be with all these bastardized SC , since less and less true enthusiasts wanting to go into them for fear of being associated with low class car fanatics. Well , low class car fanatics is what we will be if there are more bastardized SCs than well restored SCs in the future. There are so many nice Hondas around but why is it that when people want to refer to a group who don't modify their cars the right way , they refer to the Honda community ?

Again , I don't mean to hurt anyone's feeling but it is high time that someone speaks the truth (well it has been said many times by a lot actually so it is just a reminder now) and as a community treat our SCs better. Exactly why we are on this forum... be associated with people who are SC lovers. And I can't seem to fathom the idea that someone is an SC lover if he bastardize his car. If you can't afford to maintain such a car in the right way , then you I guess have the wrong car . Do we want our cars quoted or referred to in other forums as "This is not a damn SC " or our cars looked high up in esteem like the Supra MKIVs , one of the reason why their values have soared high ? Well, I don't even have to go out of Clublexus , I thought I read from another sub section on this forum referring to some SC owners as cheap *** broke dudes . Our SCs have the potential but it ain't gonna happen if we don't do them right .

PEACE TO EVERYBODY

Last edited by gerrb; 01-10-17 at 07:28 AM.
Old 01-10-17, 08:25 AM
t2d2
Lead Lap

Received 229 Likes on 209 Posts

gerrb, why don't you just say what's obviously on your mind in my threads, rather than going on these long rants in every unrelated thread I post in? This passive aggressive vendetta of yours is doing more to hurt the forum than anything I do to one of my cars.

And before you reply with the usual, "I never even mentioned your name," please take a moment to realize that we're not that dumb.
Old 01-10-17, 09:00 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by t2d2
gerrb, why don't you just say what's obviously on your mind in my threads, rather than going on these long rants in every unrelated thread I post in? This passive aggressive vendetta of yours is doing more to hurt the forum than anything I do to one of my cars.

And before you reply with the usual, "I never even mentioned your name," please take a moment to realize that we're not that dumb.
I post on threads for every one on this community when I know it will benefit a lot of people ..... not only for you as you always thought . If you are guilty and offended then it is not my problem. Do it right so you are not offended . I did post on this thread because even before this thread was started or even before you posted or you knew about this thread , the OP (****) already talked about this to me on our phone conversation , so I said what I believe was right and not because you posted on this thread. What a ridiculous assumption or idea on your part that I posted here just because you posted on this thread. It doesn't surprise me anymore.

If you want me to say it and call you out on the ridiculous ideas you do on the SC , I can do that too but there is no need. What is the point ? As you said, most people here are not dumb. They know what is a dumb idea or a brilliant one when it comes to modding our cars . People know who they are. If they are guilty or not . I am here to say things for the good of this community , to remind people into doing what is right cause I love these cars and this community that is why I accepted the responsibility of helping this community. Don't worry , I know who is dumb or not in this community , lmaol.

Again , next time, so you don't get offended , do things right . Only people who do wrong and are guilty many times are offended. You are quick to get offended when people do not agree with you. You never learned how to accept to be wrong. So to avoid any further discussions and mis understandings I don't post on your threads since I have never read anything that is against forum rules so far . You get it ?

It is not only you who do things wrong . There are many so I don't need to call out people's name. But what I said was modding cars in general and just gave specific examples. In fact the OP (****) is a local guy , not even really a friend but just someone I met I guess that is why he has my number and started sending me text messages about this antenna. I didn't hesitate to contradict his views and say what I believe was right just because I hoped he was matured enough to be willing to learn if things are explained to him or when someone points out the why of things. I took the risk just because I knew I was saying what was right .

You view it as a vendetta every time I talked about what is not right and you were guilty . This is not the first time you had this crazy idea of being attacked. That simply is a proof that when people say something and you are guilty of or do not agree with you, you think of it as being against you or a personal attack instead of treating it as a constructive criticism and an opportunity to learn . Tell me that is how a mature person should think or act . And you want me to post directly on your build threads where you post ridiculous things ? You must be kidding me . It's your car, your money so I don't damn care what you do to your car but that doesn't stop me from telling people what I believe is right and what is wrong if it will benefit the community in the long run. Being a moderator here is a responsibility I don't take lightly. When I see something not right , I am obligated to stir the community in the right direction by speaking up my mind and of course within the bounderies of forum rules.

Tell me exactly what wrong did I say or what was not true in my last post ? Or are you reacting just because you are guilty ? If you are , then grow up , learn how to accept constructive criticisms and being wrong. And why the hell will I have any vendetta on you ? Who are you to me ? The last time I checked , I don't know you personally, I never met you , I never spoked to you on the phone , I don't know of anything wrong you did to me .... you are simply nobody to me. I know we had a FS transaction in the past which was both pleasant for both parties. So to think that I have a vendetta on you is another of your ridiculous ideas just because I comment on things that you are guilty of or things that you say and needed to be corrected ?

Last edited by gerrb; 01-10-17 at 01:58 PM.
Old 01-10-17, 02:18 PM
t2d2
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by gerrb
If you are guilty and offended then it is not my problem. Do it right so you are not offended .
You might have just set a record for most uses of "guilty" and "offended" in a single post. That's the crux of the issue right there. You're hellbent on proving right and wrong. I'm here to learn and discuss ideas. From my perspective, there's no such thing as right and wrong when it comes to modifying a car.

Where do you get this idea that I'm offended by what you say? You've repeated it dozens of times now, but it's clearly you who are offended by my audacity to think I can improve on stuff the Lexus engineers did 25 years ago.

What a ridiculous assumption or idea on your part that I posted here just because you posted on this thread. It doesn't surprise me anymore.

You view it as a vendetta every time I talked about what is not right and you were guilty . This is not the first time you had this crazy idea of being attacked. That simply is a proof that when people say something and you are guilty of or do not agree with you, you think of it as being against you or a personal attack

It's your car, your money so I don't damn care what you do to your car
You don't really expect anyone to believe that the following: a) was directed at anyone but me, b) was remotely relevant to this thread, and c) you don't at level some care about what I do to my car, do you?

Where is that pride of owning an SC now when we see bastardized SCs ? To see a damn motorcycle or bicycle side view mirror on an SC with a reason that there are blind spots is ridiculous. Sorry I know I am gonna hurt someone's feeling but it is what it is. It is your car to do what you want to do but to give such ridiculous justifications is absurd . You loose a lot of functionality like being able to adjust the mirrors upward , side way from the comfort of your seat. You can't do that when it is raining so hard out there or you are backing your car on a tight spot . You loose the functionality of heated mirrors for some.
You've done the same thing with reference to my hood vent and door panel projects. Clearly, it bothers you. I know why, even if you won't admit it. It's there for anyone to see if they go back through the history of our discussions.
Old 01-10-17, 03:02 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

My bad , I used the wrong words .. right or wrong.... sorry. You are right , there is no right or wrong in modifying cars, only bad and good modifications. But you are smarter than that , you know what I meant. That it was ridiculous to see cars like an SC with parts that were not suppose to be there like a damn bicycle or motorcycle side view mirror . Assuming you were right , there was a blind spot (for which you are the only person who I have heard say such thing) ... but a motorcycle mirror ? Really ? Taking out all the other good functionalities on the original SC side mirror for a damn ugly motorcycle mirror ? Are you kidding me ?

I am not offended at all when you or someone else has the audacity to improve something. In fact if you read my post well I said if it is for the betterment of the SC , I am all for it. Show me what you have done that is better than what the Lexus engineers did on the SC and justify your comments that they didn't do right on their design on some parts.

Believe what you want but the post was for the whole community because it was a comment about modding the SC in general. One bad looking SC can affect the perception of people about the SCs in general. It has always been said by many that some SC owners do not maintain their cars properly. They cheap out on maintenance. I took this particular antenna thread as an example because the OP , for a number of times mentioned the OEM antenna being expensive. If you think it was meant for you alone , you are free to think that way. I won't stop you. But to say that I posted on the thread just because you did is an outright crazy assumption or idea of yours , accept it or not. I won't even tell you to talk to the OP how he mentioned this to me before he even started the thread. Do as you wish.

How the hell , the topic of bad modifications unrevelant ? The wrong antenna is a bad modification for the simple reason that it doesn't work right for all the stations on the radio, a bicycle mirror is tasteless , hideous and a bad modification that makes the car look ugly , takes out the other important functions of the side mirror and makes the values of these cars go down the drain .. how is that off topic ? I even mentioned jeopardizing the safety of passengers with a bad modification on the suspension. And some people build crazy suspensions from cheap and unreliable parts instead of installing good suspension and coil overs . How is that irrelevant ? They all fit in the category of bad maintenance or modications.

When I say "I don't care about what you do on your car" what I meant is it is non of my business on what you do on your car . What I care about is the car being bastardized when I see hideous modifications. Like, who on earth in their right mind will put a bicycle or motorcycle as side mirror on the SC ? So far only you .

A tasteless modification is a tasteless modification plain and simple. Modifications or Maintenance will either be good or bad . They either bring up the value of the car or drive the value down the drain.Since you said you are here to learn , then let me tell you up straight , you do some hideous and tasteless modifications . And frankly , you are doing disservice to these cars when you put hideous modifications like a motorcycle mirror.

Last edited by gerrb; 01-10-17 at 05:06 PM.
Old 01-10-17, 05:59 PM
t2d2
Lead Lap

Assuming you were right , there was a blind spot (for which you are the only person who I have heard say such thing) ... but a motorcycle mirror ? Really ? Taking out all the other good functionalities on the original SC side mirror for a damn ugly motorcycle mirror ? Are you kidding me ?
You caught several of your mistakes with the edit, so I'll make it short and succinct: You're getting the chronology wrong.

My thread about improving the side mirrors was when I had only the '94. (Others in that thread said they also found the SC's mirrors to be less than ideal, and many have mentioned the visibility over the hood being limited in general. It wasn't just me.) The motorcycle mirrors came much later on the '95. That's significant because I added the 5-panel Wink rearview mirror, which made the side mirrors largely frivolous. They're still required by law, of course, and helpful for parking alongside a curb, so I was after something minimalist.

The motorcycle mirrors are concave, giving a much wider field of view than the stock mirrors and making power adjustments a non-issue. Likewise, I wasn't concerned with giving up the heaters in this application. Most importantly, and clearly spelled out like all the above criteria, they're on a car that most likely would have been headed to the scrap heap if I didn't give it a second shot at life and decide to have fun with it.

I have tried to tone down the Lexus engineer comments. Unless someone feels that the SC is 100% perfect in every respect, then there is room for improvement and no one should be bothered by me questioning elements.

Since you said you are here to learn , then let me tell you up straight , you do some hideous and tasteless modifications .
Honestly, I have no problem with you feeling that way. I just ask that you consider the words you chose... Tasteless? That implies a value system, i.e., your values. Guess what, every one of my "tasteless modifications" has received at least one compliment. Not everyone shares your values, obviously, so it would behoove the forum for you to be less on the attack. You know, more moderate-or.

Also, before our little disagreement began -- I can send you the specific link to it, if you like, but you've got an excellent memory so I imagine you know what I'm referring to -- you actually complimented the work I had done in my '94 build thread. It's pretty clear from where I sit that your issue is the later miscommunication that I stopped responding to, rather than the mods I've done to my cars.
Old 01-10-17, 06:22 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Honestly I don't even care about chronology of your modifications. Does it even matter ? A tasteless modification regardless when it was made is still a tasteless modification. Maybe it is just me but I will rather see a car in a junkyard than bastardized with tasteless modifications and kept by someone who cannot maintain it properly.

Tasteless is the right word when someone put a motorcycle or bicycle mirror on a Lexus SC which was regarded as a luxury vehicle. If you don't see that as tasteless , then I would say quality is not something you value in your work.

Originally Posted by t2d2
Not everyone shares your values, obviously, so it would behoove the forum for you to be less on the attack. You know, more moderate-or.
Once again , time and again you have proven yourself that when people don't agree with you and say comments you don't want it is an attack on you. You take things personal rather than as constructive criticism and an opportunity to learn.

Being a moderator doesn't take away our rights of doing what we used to do .. posting on threads and commenting on things that we believe is right as long as it is within the bounderies of forum rules. In fact we are told to continually do so while we help implement the rules of the forum.

Last edited by gerrb; 01-10-17 at 07:31 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Kris9884 (01-14-17)
Old 01-10-17, 08:19 PM
Ramblerman
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Gerrb: I totally understand what you are trying to say. I have a tendency to just not comment and just look the other way on some of the things that are done to these cars. I myself would not do that to them, it is unfortunate that a lot of these cars have come to the situation they are in as have many fine luxury autos. Do not despair though, there are still many of us out here who are doing the right thing to them,and if we have to, pinch and save to buy the correct parts to keep them righteous. All things have to be taken with.a grain of salt and the sc's will have their day in the sun again!
Old 01-10-17, 10:50 PM
bboykid10
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

first and foremost this is not against anyone but most of what gerrb said is true, i understand. i apologize for usingg the word "cheap" in this thread. i truly said some of it just for laughs. honestly this thread i made wasnt encouraging anyone to do this AT ALL. i posted this mainly because i found it interesting. i like how it looks, i use bluetooth to listen to my music so it didnt really matter to me. IT IS REVERSIBLE.
i can also agree that i am a "BROKE *** DUDE". im young and have alot to learn, but i also had to work young to support my family thus being a "BROKE *** DUDE". and can i say i love cars, yes. i cherish them. and SC's being one of my dream cars, im happy to own one. im a "BROKE *** DUDE" but i dont limp on any of my mods besides the antenna. my coilovers and exhaust out of all my mods wasnt a "BROKE ***" deal i can tell anybody that! im not hurt of what gerrb said but i am hurt that i came on the wrong website to share an idea i had and to know that it was "TASTELESS". i didnt know that i was programmed to have the same taste as everybody. i thought that everyones car was made to their likings, and thats what made them unique. but i guess i was wrong. just reading these replies hit me hard because the fact that im doing the car wrong, and that im just some peasant that dont have a couple of stacks to throw at my car. it makes me just want to delete this post, sell my my dream car and forget about getting into automotives. i want to also add that i did the mod because it was a learning curve for me because not everyone has all the info on anything we would ask. i wanted to be another person to shine more light into this subject even if most dont agree but to think of it, not everyone has the same motives. i have alot more to add but im very speechless and honestly to the point i dont even want anything to do with a car. i have seen this attitude throughout every communtiy and it sickens me. i DO NOT like every modification esspecially bike side mirrors on a lexus but that SC's title has their name on it. at that point telling them what they cant or can do is irrelevant and telling them it looks stupid just makes me look like a jerk. sorry i had a rough day and reading all of this as all say "triggered me". all randomness aside i am done with the car and the forum at the moment and to think of what i just read.......
Old 01-11-17, 12:24 AM
t2d2
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by bboykid10
all randomness aside i am done with the car and the forum at the moment and to think of what i just read.......
I felt that way for a while, but eventually decided there's enough good here to warrant just avoiding the negative and going about my business. Don't let it bring you down to the point where you don't enjoy the car. People gave you props earlier in the thread. Thinking outside the box is appreciated by many.
Old 01-11-17, 03:06 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Ramblerman
Gerrb: I totally understand what you are trying to say. I have a tendency to just not comment and just look the other way on some of the things that are done to these cars. I myself would not do that to them, it is unfortunate that a lot of these cars have come to the situation they are in as have many fine luxury autos. Do not despair though, there are still many of us out here who are doing the right thing to them,and if we have to, pinch and save to buy the correct parts to keep them righteous. All things have to be taken with.a grain of salt and the sc's will have their day in the sun again!
Well as I have been discussing with an OG and another moderator last night , there is that group of people who buys the SC because they love it and would like to restore it to its former glory or even better. They will pinch and save for every penny just to give their SC the best. And for them, if you can't install better stuff on the SC , the least one should do is restore it to its original state as it came out of the factory . These are the SC purists . The true SC fanatics. They value the fact that in 1991 a car was manufactured with all its bells and whistles which other cars of the same year never had and to date even after 25 years , they can look good and hold their own with the newer cars with simple aesthetic mods. A fact which cannot be claimed by many 25 year old cars.

And another group of people who buys the SC just as a mode of transportation and will modify it according to their needs. Restoring it to its original glory is non of their concern. All it matters to them is it serves their needs. How the SC looks to them doesn't mean a thing as long as it runs . We all get that , it is non of our business on what they do on their cars and money. But what is irritating is how they justify their hideous and tasteless mods to the point of making disparaging comments about the Lexus Engineers who designed the SC as though they are better , which so far, haven't seen proof looking at their cars. Well, I am glad you are able to look the other way and not comment on things like these. I simply can't especially when something is repeatedly done. For those who know me, I don't change white or black into gray to make things sound appealing. It is what it is for me and I will speak my mind most especially that I am Moderator on this forum. I don't take my responsibilities lightly. But when I am proven wrong I will apologize . It is not hard for me to say sorry. I am man enough to admit my mistakes and accept corrections.

Before I owned a MKIV , I belonged to the group who used to wonder why many MKIV owners will frown at someone who puts sh?tty parts on a MKIV. Just the very mention of an Ebay part on a thread was enough to put the scorn on you and a lot of people will be jumping on you, lmaol. I probably am hoping against hope here , the SC attaining a certain respect in the car world just like their MKIV brethren . That is why it bothers me to see an SC bastardized. But now I can't blame the MKIV owners , the value of their cars have risen to the roof in the past 5 years. A part of it is because how they modified their cars or how they are maintained to their original state. That sense of only the best should be on the MKIV was the guiding principle of owners at the Supraforums website. And now it is paying off. The car has reached a certain stature in which you hear many people wishing to have one someday , that it is their dream car. A car , because of their soaring prices , can only be dreamed to be owned by some now . That kind of stature , most likely will never happen on an SC .Well the least I can hope for now is I never hear the words .. "This is not a damn SC" .

Last edited by gerrb; 01-11-17 at 01:22 PM.
Old 01-11-17, 03:11 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

**** - knowing that even before this thread was started , you didn't want your SC400 and wanted to trade it for an SC300 or sell it , I am sorry that all the more you want it gone now quicker. Don't take it personal . Forums are public places where people will say their views. You can't expect everyone to agree or want what you are doing , especially the purist . This is the Lexus SC forum. There are many Lexus SC fanatics here . The least some will expect is restoring the car to its OEM specs. It is how one deals with the negative comments that come his way that is important. It speaks volume about that person .

If you have read some of my posts in other threads , I said a couple of times, I perfectly understand the kids or young ones who own these cars . They either haven't finished their schooling or are not stable in their career that is the reason they cannot maintain their SCs properly as we the purist have in mind. In fact I said , I know you spent a good chunk on that SC400. Just like you said , you install the good stuff on your SC when you can. You don't belong to that category of people who bastardize the SC. There is nothing hideous or tasteless on your car as far as I know.

I apologize if you felt that I was referring to your OEM antenna substitute as tasteless. Not at all. If you read again my post , I said this antenna issue is not even bad. I took this opportunity to talk about bad modifications of the SC in general. As for the term tasteless , I was referring to the motorcycle or bicycle mirror as hideous and tasteless mod. It simply diminishes the value of an SC being a luxury car . Many , specifically at least 3 moderators have hinted in the past about this bad modifications going on ..about how the SC ownership had changed... about how people modify their SC now compared to how SC owners in the past did theirs. It is night and day. Only now, it has been expounded and examples given which I knew it wouldn't sit well to some. Am sorry about that. I had to speak up for the good of this community and wasn't meant to hurt anybody's feeling in particular. It was to encourage people to do only what is good for our SCs. Who will benefit from it ? ... all of us SC owners. When our cars are held up in high esteem and become desirable... don't we all benefit ? That we own a car that people could only envy and on top of that their monetary values going higher ? You have been conversing with me on my phone and you have been in one of my places right ? When a friend becomes a friend , I will always be a friend as many members both far and local know. Feel free always to get in touch with me anytime as you did in the past. I speak up my mind and can be brutally frank but I don't keep grudges.

I commend you for your desire to restore your SC with the good stuff . Keep doing the good ones.It feels bad to hear the phrase "Broke *** Dudes" right ? In spite of having so many SCs with 2jzGTE, hearing that statement about SC owners said in general , how do you think I feel ? Forget about my MKIVs , many could only dream of the SCs I have and yet I do belong to that group of SC owners who have been labeled "Broke *** Dudes" just because of what they see in some bastardized SCs. Imagine if we get more and more hideous looking SCs .. the worst comment about our cars and this group of car owners is yet to come.

Last edited by gerrb; 01-11-17 at 01:32 PM.
Old 01-11-17, 02:11 PM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 373 Likes on 218 Posts

I'm not going to offer up any judgements or character analyses. I've never heard of anyone's mindset or way-of-life being completely changed by a caustic forum comment.

But, as these cars get cheaper, budgets are shortened and corners are cut. Unfortunately, that is the way it goes. Same can be said for most any material item (i.e. houses.) My vehicles get the absolute best treatment, and showing them off inspires and coaches our younger, inexperienced folks.

Last edited by ThomasGS4; 01-11-17 at 02:36 PM.
Old 01-11-17, 02:21 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

I hear you . Some of those local SC group Facebook members go to my place so I know. They hang out in my place. Many of these are also clublexus members but so happen that they hang around Facebook more now than clublexus.... you know the social media thing !

There is no denying I have said my piece to many of them , lol .

Quick Reply: (another) direct fit stubbed antenna for sc300/sc400