SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

FINALLY.. pics of my finished baby

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-03, 12:55 PM
ryanSC300lover
Lead Lap

Received 86 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally posted by Sc4oo
If Steve's rims have the same offset, you will have a nice aggressive look as well.

I think we are hi-jacking jdmsoarer's thread
yeah he is not sure what offset he has

about hijacking the thread
Old 03-27-03, 12:58 PM
siniquezu
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Clean and sweet Ryan. Let's see closeups of the highbeams. You gonna smoke the corners too?
Old 03-27-03, 01:34 PM
One HoT
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I noticed you have one piece racing hart evos..I was gonnna go with those rims before but they would'nt clear the SC400 calipers...You might want to consider getting some wheel spacers? those wheels look a bit pushed in...

On another note, Good job! very clean...I really like...
Old 03-27-03, 03:54 PM
lawman
Driver

Default Nice...

Ryan,

Nice, can't believe that we live on an island and we have not met up yet. Too funny. Nice, nice, nice - funny that other person w/ the chrome had the HPD sticker w/ red on the same location as you have yours...
Old 03-27-03, 03:57 PM
LexFather

Nice and clean setup!
Old 03-27-03, 04:11 PM
ryanSC300lover
Lead Lap

Received 86 Likes on 66 Posts

man after seeing your car, i am loving black SC's

the black car, with the black tint, looks real sharp

i have owned plenty of black cars, and after my last one, swore i wouldnt buy another one, because you have to constantly clean them and stuff

i love my pearl white lex, but after seeing you car, i am having second thoughts
Old 03-27-03, 10:07 PM
lilnard85
Rookie

very nice car, i like

did u do anything to the taillights or is it just me.

guy car i hope to get mine that clean one day.
Old 03-27-03, 10:35 PM
Jmai22
Lexus Fanatic

Very nice car. You gotta get those wheels to pop out more though. and please please post a close up of your headlights. your car looks soo clean. i'm searching for a black/black sc300 right now to replace my black/dark grey gs300.
Old 03-27-03, 11:32 PM
agiagi
Driver School Candidate

Thumbs up

Nice Sled. Great paint / underlying sheet metal work appearance.

Thanks for the beautiful post of a clean Black SC!!

Mike
Old 03-28-03, 02:15 AM
jdmsoarer
Pole Position

Default ..

Thanks guys for al the positive feedback. Ok ill try and get to all the points everyone made.

1. Manaray, i know my rims look a bit to skinny for the sc. I wanted to get wider ones but i got a great deal on these so i figured.."well they are better than stockies right??/" and just picked em up. I do plan on getting wheel spacers for the rear. And about the soarer badge..I know its on the wrong side but i just wanted to be different and besides i saw that pic of the black sc with the bomex wing and the soarer badge also on the left side in the gallery and that just about made my mind up on which side i was putting it..
What width and brand would anybody recomend for the spacers??
2. SC400 , My suspension consists of jdm Tanabe super down springs with kyb agx's in the front and koni yellows in the rear. I love the ride and recomend this setup,( minus the different shocks ..lol... )to anybidy else as they ride very well. The reason i have differentshocks is because i got a killer deal on the konis 1st and then i picked up the agx's later which i also got for a really good price. It isnt harsh at all and the handling is there too. The thing i like is the agx's and the konis are both adjustable so i can firm up or stiffen the ride if i want to. And yes these rims came off an accord i believe. Thats cool how you figured that out. The high beams were a breeze compared to the lows. Still be very carefull though, if they break it costs a grip to replace them.
3. lilnard, I did do that "clearing out the bottom" on my 96 sc tail lights which i got from Aliga btw. hehe
4. Shinquezu..i was thinking about smoking the corners too but im a ittle hesitant. Maybe one day when i have nothing to do ill try and mess around with that idea. For now im gonna leave them clear though. Oh yeah ill try and get pics of the high beams soon. Gotta convince my girl to let me borrow her camera to take pics of "THE CAR" again...lol
5.Aliga thanks once again for the deals on the parts. You really made it possible for my car to look the way it does today. Let me know if you ever need anything alright.
6. Wyatt (lawman) i know how you feel... we were supposed to meet up so many times..lol Someday we will meet up, maybe in a few years or so..hahaha
7.Ryan, cool name and very good choice on the type of car you bought..lol (ryan with a sc and ryan with a sc)
Anyone else i missed sorry, but thank you for all the nice comments and i hope i have inspired some people out there to follow their dreams of making their car how they want it to be. I waited almost a year to complete my car and it is so worth it when you finally finish and all the hard work has led up to something good.
Old 03-28-03, 02:22 AM
Jmai22
Lexus Fanatic

is that a 97+ rear bumper then?? or is it just your stockie?
Old 03-28-03, 03:41 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The Rear bumper is the older style bumper...he also doesn't have the Quarter Panel Skirts (that go between the rear bumper and the rear wheel)...that looks like the only parts missing...it looks like the doors have the correct molding....

He also shaved the antenna too...

As for spacers, H&R makes some excellent spacers...looks like you'll need some faily large ones on the back...20mm or so...the front, maybe 10mm...it's hard to tell w/o actually seeing your car.

i would definitely put larger tires on it but if it came off an accord, it's probably only a 7" or 7.5" wide wheel...I'd look into getting of those and finding some wheels that fit the SC...the spacers are only part of the problem..You can pick up some SSR GT-1's for not too much money and they make proper sizes and offsets for the SC...
Old 03-28-03, 12:31 PM
lawman
Driver

Default SSR wheels...

Ryan,

Eurosport has an ad for for SSRs and one ads is for 18x9 -18x10 SSR decolite's at $395 a pop and in stock. The decolites are a five spoke wheel. Thats pretty good - if they have them for that price and in stock. Sweet, good build wheels, perfect size under $1600. niiice... Just FYI

Last edited by lawman; 03-28-03 at 04:42 PM.
Old 03-28-03, 12:49 PM
jimmit
Lexus Test Driver

daaaaamn thats a nice lookin SC! I'm truly impressed. Keep up the work and post interior pictures if you can and a close up of the paint. Very nice work tho.

oh and hey lilnard85 check your PM.
Old 03-28-03, 02:15 PM
Aznteazer
Lexus Test Driver

i want my SC to look like dat. looks clean.
i could start by getting a car wash

Quick Reply: FINALLY.. pics of my finished baby