SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

I just purchased the lowest mileage 95' 300 5 speed I have ever seen. 68K

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-14, 08:12 AM
dogwisper
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The great news for you is you got a beautiful low mileage example of a '95 for $3,500. The bad news for anyone selling one is...you got a beautiful low mileage example of a '95 for $3,500. I'll probably never sell mine. Congratulations. Great Deal!
Old 08-14-14, 11:05 PM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by dogwisper
The great news for you is you got a beautiful low mileage example of a '95 for $3,500. The bad news for anyone selling one is...you got a beautiful low mileage example of a '95 for $3,500. I'll probably never sell mine. Congratulations. Great Deal!
Thanks! I won't either!
Old 08-14-14, 11:13 PM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

It finally arrived today......
I swapped out all fluids and the wheels!

The good is obvious so I will just list the issues.

The issues:
a) Cracked Windshield (hopefully fixing today)
b) 5 hammer marks that need body work (that will wait till essential list items done)
c) No remote key (calling Sewell tomorrow)
d) Spongy, bouncy but comfy suspension (ordering BC Racing coils for this car too)
e) One headlight and one running light is out, with no dash warning light I suspect the removal of the bulb and a more serious electrical issue. I will change the bulbs tomorrow to verify. I hope I am pleasantly surprised and they just work. If they don't, what should I start checking? (try tomorrow)
f) The passenger door lock tries to work but just jiggles a bit when I press the button. I'll replace actuator. (I will go see Gazy if he has one)
g) For some reason, the ignition is mounted an inch or so deep into the leather dash opening. I expected it to be loose in there but it was sunken in but solidly mounted. The circle around it has been removed but I have it. It's easy to get the key in there to start, but I want to know why its that way, and fix it. (this can wait till I find out what is wrong)

I'm putting in my order for another set of BC Racing coilovers for this car, and calling my fender roller, other than that I will do nothing but work through this list before any other "fun" mods.

The first "fun" mods I have planned is a Megan Racing Carbon Fiber roof spoiler I ordered last night.
A carbon fiber trunk.
55 watt 4300K HID's I ordered last week.
New clean lights I ordered from Gazy will go on and I will send these clean but leaky, wet ones out for a cleaning, a projector retrofit and a re-seal from a local service provider.
Black parts for my two-toned interior.
I will finally use my Shine sides, rear with my Wise rep lip sitting in storage. My platinum Sc will stay Stock with an OEM lip.

PS: I also started a slow "build" thread.

A few pics of the first day's progress....
Attached Thumbnails I just purchased the lowest mileage 95' 300 5 speed I have ever seen. 68K-delivery.jpg   I just purchased the lowest mileage 95' 300 5 speed I have ever seen. 68K-cf-wheels.jpg   I just purchased the lowest mileage 95' 300 5 speed I have ever seen. 68K-cf-lift.jpg   I just purchased the lowest mileage 95' 300 5 speed I have ever seen. 68K-ugly-wheels-1.jpg   I just purchased the lowest mileage 95' 300 5 speed I have ever seen. 68K-promenade-side.jpg  

Last edited by Studiogeek; 08-14-14 at 11:17 PM.
Old 08-14-14, 11:15 PM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

A few more!
Attached Thumbnails I just purchased the lowest mileage 95' 300 5 speed I have ever seen. 68K-rear-prom-2.jpg   I just purchased the lowest mileage 95' 300 5 speed I have ever seen. 68K-rust-free-exh-1.jpg  
Old 08-14-14, 11:45 PM
t2d2
Lead Lap

Received 230 Likes on 210 Posts

e) Check the fuse.

I noticed recently that one of my headlights was out, so I swapped bulbs and the same side was still out. I was about to start tracing wiring then thought to look at the fuses... Turns out I had put that fuse in the DRL spot when I was going through and checking them all. Each high and low beam has its own fuse, four in total. Plus the blank for DRLs if you don't have them (Canada only?). I wouldn't be surprised if your fuse is blown for that one light.
Old 08-14-14, 11:50 PM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by t2d2
e) Check the fuse.

I noticed recently that one of my headlights was out, so I swapped bulbs and the same side was still out. I was about to start tracing wiring then thought to look at the fuses... Turns out I had put that fuse in the DRL spot when I was going through and checking them all. Each high and low beam has its own fuse, four in total. Plus the blank for DRLs if you don't have them (Canada only?). I wouldn't be surprised if your fuse is blown for that one light.
That would be AWESOME!
The fuse box by the clutch pedal right?

Thanks!!!
Old 08-14-14, 11:53 PM
t2d2
Lead Lap

Received 230 Likes on 210 Posts

The main box in the engine bay.
Old 08-15-14, 10:55 PM
Barbary
Instructor

Received 488 Likes on 294 Posts
Default low mileage 95' 300 5 speed w 68K

Hi Geek
I've been busy, looks like you've been very busy!
Man u r very fortunate dude, knowing how great SC's are, having the wherewithal to get 3 of them & the bread 2 work w all of them & an Lady who puts up w all that. WOW
Most people don't know the real value of an SC as u have found out, by ur last buy, many in this forum & the books r judging by what other cars of the year r.
Now SC's are built by the Best mass produced car manufacturer in the world > Lexus. Not by Ford or Chevy or Nissan. The 92's, 94's were built when they were earning their reputation. So they were pretty much built by hand in Japan by Japanese
Thats why u c so many SC's still on the road. What other car is?
The reason u can buy 1 so cheap is 98% of America don't know SC's exist. Has anyone ever an SC commercial? If they did like us they'ed be buying them. I don't think a 20 yr old "plastic fantastic" mustang, camaro or challenger is even on the same planet as a 20 yr old SC
Thats why the true value of an SC is how valuable it is 2 a person.
The value to me of my Purple Bullet is $100,000. I've been asked many times what my price is? I always say its priceless, but thats the figure of the fun & pleasure, compliments & the beauty I get from owning it. I couldn't get that from a gray beemer everyone else has
** another post 2 follow}
Old 08-15-14, 11:13 PM
Barbary
Instructor

Received 488 Likes on 294 Posts
Red face red sc 300

Your new SC looked pretty plain in the first pics
The car w the new wheels looked brilliant what a difference!
one of the pics had ur wheels looking black, now to me that combo on ur car is perfect u might want to black out ur wheels & red your rotors get 92 taillights they were the best
U might want to keep 1 of ur cars standard hight, maybe this 1____ probably not, just a thought
U must be in HOG heaven right now ::::: GL buddy Barbary
Ur avatar scares me!

Last edited by Barbary; 08-15-14 at 11:20 PM.
Old 08-16-14, 05:34 AM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by t2d2
e) Check the fuse.

Good news, It was just two bulbs out :thumb up:. I went all paranoid because my "light out" dash light was not out but it's likely that dash bulb is just out too. I was worried that someone had removed the bulb to hide electrical issues but that was not the case. Thanks man!
Originally Posted by Barbary
Hi Geek
I've been busy, looks like you've been very busy!
Man u r very fortunate dude, knowing how great SC's are, having the wherewithal to get 3 of them & the bread 2 work w all of them & an Lady who puts up w all that. WOW
Most people don't know the real value of an SC as u have found out, by ur last buy, many in this forum & the books r judging by what other cars of the year r.
Now SC's are built by the Best mass produced car manufacturer in the world > Lexus. Not by Ford or Chevy or Nissan. The 92's, 94's were built when they were earning their reputation. So they were pretty much built by hand in Japan by Japanese
Thats why u c so many SC's still on the road. What other car is?
The reason u can buy 1 so cheap is 98% of America don't know SC's exist. Has anyone ever an SC commercial? If they did like us they'ed be buying them. I don't think a 20 yr old "plastic fantastic" mustang, camaro or challenger is even on the same planet as a 20 yr old SC
Thats why the true value of an SC is how valuable it is 2 a person.
The value to me of my Purple Bullet is $100,000. I've been asked many times what my price is? I always say its priceless, but thats the figure of the fun & pleasure, compliments & the beauty I get from owning it. I couldn't get that from a gray beemer everyone else has
Your new SC looked pretty plain in the first pics
The car w the new wheels looked brilliant what a difference!
one of the pics had ur wheels looking black, now to me that combo on ur car is perfect u might want to black out ur wheels & red your rotors get 92 taillights they were the best
U might want to keep 1 of ur cars standard hight, maybe this 1____ probably not, just a thought
U must be in HOG heaven right now ::::: GL buddy Barbary
Ur avatar scares me!
Hey Barbary,
Good to see you back around. Yes I have been busy and in Sc heaven. And yes, my Lady (now my Wife as of march) is Awesome for putting up with my hobby. It took a bit of work as she is an accountant working in finance but she comes from a world where people spend 30K+ for a great, reliable car and she has watched me spend way less than that for 3 great, reliable cars that take her to see her family many hours away without fail. I am going to sell the 97' and get a truck but I am staying in the Toyota (Lexus) family with that as well. I will get a 2005+ Sequoia or a Land Cruiser, and have 3 vehicles that may out last my old *** , and be ready for any weather the North East can throw at us. I flirted with buying one different type of car as you may have seen in my "Sc competition" thread but of all the great ideas, none seemed like as good an investment for us. To be honest, the idea of the truck started because I wanted to go pick up an Sc bumper and seats and I could not fit them in the car. The thought of snow was secondary .
Thanks for the compliments on the car. Just last night I was thinking I was already over the Carbon Fiber craze I stumbled into, and I would at least "Plasti Dip" the wheels black (it will protect them from the winter as well) and plasti dip the Megan Racing hood spoiler flat black as well. I will do the same for the window trim and tint the car really dark. The calipers (and more) were painted red yesterday and it looks pretty good. I just have to decide if I should leave the Lips polished or go for the full "Black Out"? I guess I can do one in stages to see what it looks like.
As for the stock height....... I considered that but driving them back to back I discovered something. After I put my BC coilovers on "half soft", the car is quite comfortable except on the largest of NYC craters. The body roll on weight transfer is something i can't get used to again. The tight "race car" handling and flat tracking in "S" curves has become my favorite thing about driving my Blue Sc, and I need the same handling in the red one. I went on ahead and ordered BC coilovers, Prothane upper and lower poly bushings and Figs steering rack bushings for the red car. I want the manual to handle the exact same way as the blue one does. I just LOVE driving it. Ill get plenty of soft body roll with the Sequoia when we get it .

Thanks for the kind words and suggestions. All the best to you and the Bullettttttttttt!

PS: My Avitar is a caricature of me LOL!
Old 08-20-14, 09:07 PM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Stage II
I had my fenders rolled and shaved by a true craftsman, Ray Um (Ray Um on FB / @UMGarage on IG / 347-954-1243 phone). He is so good I drove 1 1/2 hours to see him in Riverhead Long Island. The guy that rolled the fenders on my 400 (and wrecked them) took less time for the entire car than Ray did to shave/roll one fender and the results speak for themselves. No waves, no chips and an incredibly rolled/shaved fender you cannot tell was modified. He is also a really pleasant guy who cares about your results. Seriously amazing experience! I will take pictures of the other job so our members can see how important getting the RIGHT guy to roll Lexus fenders is. Our metal is much heavier, and the holes in the lip presents a problem if you don't shave them..... I will make a complete thread about the fender rolling/shaving soon..
So far, in the 3 few days we:
1) Replaced the windshield
2) Did a full tuneup (except timing belt/water pump)
3) Flushed and replaced all fluids
4) Installed the 4300K 55W HID low beams
5) Installed the BC Racing Coilovers
6) Installed Prothane UCA and LCA bushings
7) Installed jegs steering rack bushings
8) Installed a Megan Racing carbon fiber roof wing (that came off after first wash)
9) Gave it its first wax in it's new NYC home.
10) Plasti-dipped the gold trim around the windows

Last edited by Studiogeek; 08-24-14 at 10:43 PM.
Old 08-24-14, 04:07 PM
Snx37
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sick deal!!!
Old 10-07-14, 05:02 AM
White97SC4
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool RE: I just purchased the lowest mileage 95' 300 5 speed I have ever seen. 68K

Awesome deal!!! Can't wait to see more pics as you move forward with your build! Nice work so far!

White97sc4