SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Need Power From my Fellow SC community

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-14, 10:45 AM
Riff
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nojoi
I'm reading that in two different ways. If those are your choices, sell the SC you have and buy one thats already done with the 10k + what you sell your current SC for. That would be the least painful route in my opinion. You are on this site for a reason and I suspect that it's because you favor the SC platform. Which is understandable as it is pretty remarkable.

Now if you are asking about what daily driver I would buy with 10k had I already purchased one of those cars, I would by a pristine low mile 2000 black/black LS. But I will always go for the LS. I've learned not to wander.
You are correct. The SC, to me, is the next best thing ton a supra... The idea of the 2jz potential is very exciting. The swap is almost painless and stock internals are remarkable. But if I go that route I would like it to be done thoroughly. The interior is my only main worry as it's the hardest part to complete at a reasonable price.

My example was more focused to the practicality of putting 10k towards a older jdm model or towards the purchase of a newer model to fix up.

Main dilemma: if I go the z, I'd be 80% towards car and 20% mods...

i already have the SC, and paid next to nothing for it. but it would mean 100% towards repairs, swap, and mods + foot work... just for a clean buff daily driver

The car head side of me say get down on the sc... but the futuristic side of me says go z... I'd like to have a Z and can afford to get one soon... but a SC is already in my position

what is most practical?

And if you could do it over would you?

Last edited by Riff; 05-26-14 at 11:55 AM.
Old 05-26-14, 01:11 PM
Nojoi
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To be 100% honest. My SC is really, very fast. But I'm not so much interested in "fast" anymore. It dynoed at 385/410 to the wheels, and while it gets out of its own way very well, it's really a car in need of another huge cash outlay to sort the suspension.

It seems simple when you start out, but if you really want to go hard at turning it into something that it's not, it's best to look elsewhere in my opinion.

The SC isn't a hop in, hop out kind of build if you are going all the way. It costs, and it became a burden to me. That is my experience. Others opinions will very.

If I were to do it again I would buy a 91' nsx which by the way is appreciating, and enjoy it for what it is.

I love my SC, but it's too needy for me personally. I would buy a purpose built sports car and a nice daily. That is my opinion.
Old 05-26-14, 01:19 PM
pur4orm
Driver

Default Keep it.

Rome wasn't built in a day. Who wants to wait? None of us. Sometimeswe gotta wait, but the job gets ddone. U will have ur own 1 of 1.
Old 05-28-14, 06:40 PM
Barbary
Instructor

Received 486 Likes on 292 Posts
Default Seats

Riff: you seem 2 b having big probs w ur seats!
That is exactly why I did my thread on the Purple Bullet Check out the Corbeau's in my thread & u might want to go that route
I love them. they r a nice tight feel. U won't be sliding of them, I guarantee. U will notice the weight reduction & they look Cool
I picked them up 4 a grand & they bolt right in

So that's an option 4 u
Good luck whatever
Old 05-29-14, 01:35 AM
Riff
Driver School Candidate

Yea... it's a huge eye sore... not to mention uncomfortable... the door panels are a lost cause under $300... i tried to fiberglass the inside of them yesterday... "FAIL"... They just broke again where the fiberglass ended when I picked them up... getting little frustrating lolol

I checked out the thread... i see how the covers work... it probably what I'm going to end up doing but tan ones