SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

SC400 lips and body kits

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-14, 08:51 PM
oldManTan
Lexus Champion

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts
Default SC400 lips and body kits

so i've been looking around for a front lip since i ripped mine off because i couldn't stand the sight of it anymore, it was trashed. i've seen some OEM looking ones on ebay for like 150ish range and then stumbled upon some rear lips too and i'm confused how the would fit because the bumper already hugs my exhaust. anyone have aftermarket lips or something similar on their SC's? let me know and pictures please, where you get em and how much. thanks

here's what i've found btw.

Old 03-23-14, 09:11 PM
JonBlaze2g
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

those are nice.
Old 03-23-14, 10:49 PM
scENFORCER
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There's also the home depot style EZ-Lip that I'm gonna get (eventually). Not sure if you're looking for any lips, or just bodykit style lips..
Old 03-23-14, 10:51 PM
bigwes
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That wise front lip is what u want to get. U will also need to get side skirts if u want it to match. I was going to get a wise lip but im opting for the 92-94 lip due to the fact of how low I am and how steep my driveway is.
Old 03-24-14, 12:40 AM
myLEXsc400
Lexus Test Driver

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

the wise lip goes forward a bit too much for my taste. it looks good on cars that are slammed and with some side skirts and aggressive wheels, but if i remember correctly, your car has tt wheels and no side skirts, so i would definitely stick with the stock lip. i have a 96 with a 92-94 lip, but i painted it and think it looks ok
Attached Thumbnails SC400 lips and body kits-stock-lip.jpg  
Old 03-24-14, 05:37 AM
oldManTan
Lexus Champion

Yea I'll probably be going with the stock lip and try to find some side skirts too, I really like the back one too, do does anyone have some rear ones they wanna show? And how did you mount it? The reason I'm doing all this is cz my bumpers r in poor condition so it's time to redo the bumpers with bondo and fglass and repaint and while I'm at it put some lips on.
Old 03-24-14, 05:45 AM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by myLEXsc400
the wise lip goes forward a bit too much for my taste. it looks good on cars that are slammed and with some side skirts and aggressive wheels, but if i remember correctly, your car has tt wheels and no side skirts, so i would definitely stick with the stock lip. i have a 96 with a 92-94 lip, but i painted it and think it looks ok
I am slightly bothered by how far the Wise comes out from the side view but love it from the front. I have both lips in storage but have not chosen one yet. I will bring them both in for paint and make a choice. Yours looks GREAT!
I saw your other baby on Craigslist :-( Damnnnnnnnnnnnn :-(
I'm sure you have a good reason to sell her... Hope all is good Matt!
Old 03-24-14, 11:36 AM
myLEXsc400
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Studiogeek
I am slightly bothered by how far the Wise comes out from the side view but love it from the front. I have both lips in storage but have not chosen one yet. I will bring them both in for paint and make a choice. Yours looks GREAT!
I saw your other baby on Craigslist :-( Damnnnnnnnnnnnn :-(
I'm sure you have a good reason to sell her... Hope all is good Matt!
Thanks man, I've been waiting in suspense for a year to finally see your car done, so keep us posted as soon as you finish the kit. Your car should be able to pull off the wise lip because you got the Shine sides and rear, right?

As far as my sc300, i was actually talking with someone who wants to buy it, but now i'm having second thoughts. The car has some issues that need addressing, but i'm just fed up with dumping money into it. I also have my younger sister daily driving my sc400 right now, and i'm dailying my company car, so I haven't been too motivated to work on my cars lately.

As far as the OP's suggestion about kits, the 97+ rear bumper would flow great with an OEM lip and 97 sides. There is a guy on here with a white SC that has nice wheels, a black OEM lip and 97 sides and rear, and the car looks gorgeous.
Old 03-24-14, 12:30 PM
oldManTan
Lexus Champion

ill def be getting a front lip, im still contemplating on the rear one, don't like any of the side skirts really unless you got stance and i'm not a fan of that.
Old 03-24-14, 12:57 PM
myLEXsc400
Lexus Test Driver

if you get a front and rear lip without any side skirts, it will look incomplete. you can pull off the oem lip without any other mods, or lip and sides with stock rear, but thats about it.
Old 03-24-14, 03:17 PM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Thumbs up

if you get a front and rear lip without any side skirts, it will look incomplete. you can pull off the oem lip without any other mods, or lip and sides with stock rear, but thats about it.
+1 On needing sides/rear with anything but OEM lip.
Old 03-24-14, 03:29 PM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Thumbs up

Thanks man, I've been waiting in suspense for a year to finally see your car done, so keep us posted as soon as you finish the kit. Your car should be able to pull off the wise lip because you got the Shine sides and rear, right?

As far as my sc300, i was actually talking with someone who wants to buy it, but now i'm having second thoughts. The car has some issues that need addressing, but i'm just fed up with dumping money into it. I also have my younger sister daily driving my sc400 right now, and i'm dailying my company car, so I haven't been too motivated to work on my cars lately.

As far as the OP's suggestion about kits, the 97+ rear bumper would flow great with an OEM lip and 97 sides. There is a guy on here with a white SC that has nice wheels, a black OEM lip and 97 sides and rear, and the car looks gorgeous.
Ha! I thought you looked a bit different in that last pic you posted of the Platinum 95 above (LOL). You are a nice big brother!
Yes, I have shine sides and rear. I have been dumping money into mine as well. Everytime I get ready for paint, something else breaks LOL. And I got married and we are buying our first place. That said, I hope to pull it off in the next 3 weeks. I'll surely let you know. It's almost time to put the summer wheels back on, align, -3 camber etc.

I first have a trunk full of parts to put on.
Steering rack bushings
CA bushings
Diff bushings
Motor mounts
High output Alternator
PS pump
High pressure PS line
New set of locks (all)
O2 Sensors
IAC VAlve

I JUST DID:
Timing belt/water pump
2 calipers
Pads all around
radiator
Hoses/lines
Can't recall what else....
It never ends, just pauses.

What does the Green Machine need for perfection?
Old 03-24-14, 04:53 PM
myLEXsc400
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Studiogeek
Ha! I thought you looked a bit different in that last pic you posted of the Platinum 95 above (LOL). You are a nice big brother!
Yes, I have shine sides and rear. I have been dumping money into mine as well. Everytime I get ready for paint, something else breaks LOL. And I got married and we are buying our first place. That said, I hope to pull it off in the next 3 weeks. I'll surely let you know. It's almost time to put the summer wheels back on, align, -3 camber etc.

I first have a trunk full of parts to put on.
Steering rack bushings
CA bushings
Diff bushings
Motor mounts
High output Alternator
PS pump
High pressure PS line
New set of locks (all)
O2 Sensors
IAC VAlve

I JUST DID:
Timing belt/water pump
2 calipers
Pads all around
radiator
Hoses/lines
Can't recall what else....
It never ends, just pauses.

What does the Green Machine need for perfection?
Hahaha, yeah I don't get to drive that car too often anymore, but I do trust my sister to take care of it for me, so why not.

As far as the green one, i did the TT ecu mod on the car, and it idles too high, has breakup under boost, goes too rich in open loop, and dies out coming back to idle. Oh, and there is a leak from the upper and lower oil pan.

Congrats on the marriage, and good luck with the new place. With all the stuff that you did to your car, its going to pretty much be a brand new SC400. I'm subscribed to your build thread, so i'll be looking at in the the next few weeks. Post pics
Old 03-30-14, 10:29 PM
oldManTan
Lexus Champion

anyone else got lips?
Old 03-31-14, 05:34 PM
amckoy96
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not yet,order mines last week,should be in any day now

Quick Reply: SC400 lips and body kits