SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Bad experience with Lextech...

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-14, 03:37 PM
TaninAuto
Sponsor
CL Vendor - Starter

Received 115 Likes on 83 Posts

We can rebuild and ship you a new cluster. You would have it within a week.
www.taninautoelectronix.com

Old 05-25-14, 06:12 PM
ArkLaTexSC
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tanin: Is there any way I can exchange the tach in my car for a repaired one? Reason I ask is mine is a working, but dead bulb '300 cluster in my 400. So it'd be a bit pointless to rebuild it for me, but the price point for the new cluster on your website is too steep for me right now.
Old 05-25-14, 06:59 PM
TaninAuto
Sponsor
CL Vendor - Starter

Call us Tuesday. Tach what? Motor assembly? We probably don't want or need your broken one, but can send you one.

Old 05-25-14, 08:43 PM
ArkLaTexSC
Intermediate

Originally Posted by TaninAuto
Call us Tuesday. Tach what? Motor assembly? We probably don't want or need your broken one, but can send you one.
Woops, I totally meant cluster, not tach. Just the bulbs are out, the cluster works great other than being in the wrong car.
Old 05-27-14, 01:18 PM
tshawn63
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm so glad I searched "cluster repair" again. I sent an email to try and get a contact number so that I could call Lextech and SPEAK to a human being about my plans for the repair of my 93 auto cluster. Got a message back referring me back to the website only. Then I read your post, 1985zcar. Guess I'll stick with no needle lights and poorly lit back lighting. A little something is better than a lot of nothing. thanks for posting this info.
Old 05-27-14, 01:28 PM
TaninAuto
Sponsor
CL Vendor - Starter

We do Lexus cluster lighting every day. Live human to talk to 9-5 M-F.

Old 05-27-14, 01:31 PM
tshawn63
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Please do post results. Or IM me?
Old 05-27-14, 01:43 PM
t2d2
Lead Lap

Received 237 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by tshawn63
Please do post results. Or IM me?
The forum is full of positive accounts of Tanin's service. I just got my HVAC unit back with a one day turnaround.
Old 05-27-14, 01:46 PM
jpw
Pit Crew

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I've been on this forum for about 10 years. It looks like Lextech (OLT) was a forum moderator. He still could be for all I know. I'm sure he blocked all complaints/negative comments about Lextech, which explains a lot.

It's too bad and I feel for you all who got screwed by him. I sent my cluster to him and I finally got it back after a sob story (truth) about my moving and had to get the car ready for our son in the Army. I feel lucky I got it back, though, but it took about 2 full months from send to receive.

I sent him a PM and very diplomatically suggested to him it'd be a good idea for him to email his customers once he receives their cluster so they know for sure he received this very expensive part. He obviously just ignored this very benign suggestion. Oh well..

I had him just do the needles in the spring of '13 and it turned out well. I did the back light bulbs myself, but it's one of our 3 cars so I had the luxury of taking my time.

I'm so glad there's a viable alternative now.

Oh, and when you refer to Lextech, I'd bet a dollar do a donut it's not 'them', it's 'him'. I google-mapped the shipping address and it's just some dudes house, nothing commercial/office.
Old 05-27-14, 01:54 PM
ArkLaTexSC
Intermediate

OLT is Lextech? Wow. I feel like a part of me just died.
Old 05-27-14, 02:13 PM
t2d2
Lead Lap

Received 237 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by ArkLaTexSC
OLT is Lextech? Wow. I feel like a part of me just died.
Used to be, I think? I'm too new to the scene to know the history, but it sounds like he may have sold the company or something.
Old 05-27-14, 02:29 PM
jpw
Pit Crew

If you look at his posts regarding threads that have to do with lighting, you'll see he subtly states that the lighting is a 'job for the professionals" and you should have Lextech do it instead of yourself...
Old 05-27-14, 02:52 PM
CatManD3W
Pole Position

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

I used LexTech to repair my ECU before....I shipped it out to them didnt hear anything for over a month.....Emailed them everyday for another week and someone finally got back to me and they said they were working on it.....I asked for them to provide tracking number when it ships out.......Another 2 weeks went by and the ECU just magically showed up in the mail......Customer Service is really bad and dont expect to get an immediate response back...
Old 05-28-14, 05:28 AM
jpw
Pit Crew

Again, I seriously doubt Lextech is this viable 'company' that can be bought/sold. It's just a dude in his garage working on stuff at his most discretionary leisure whenever he feels like it with absolutely zero consideration of his customers' needs and has no clue at al regarding how to run a business to customer business.

From what I have seen, he started off doing a good job on the work and had good customer service, but over the past few years, this business has certainly gone to the bottom of his priority list.

Like I said before if you check out the site and look at the shipping address, it's a residence, not a commercial business building
Old 05-28-14, 07:10 AM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

I would guess it's still his company. No new owner has stepped up to say they now own it. He is still the only poster in the Lextech Forum. You can't just sell someone years of knowledge.

Last edited by Studiogeek; 05-28-14 at 08:05 AM.

Quick Reply: Bad experience with Lextech...