17.87%
Voters: 403. You may not vote on this poll

Spoiler Choices

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-03, 09:37 PM
SC4Hundred
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks like 92-96 OEM wins out this poll, for those who have 97+ lol, would anyone retrofit a 92-96? Just a thought!
Old 02-08-03, 09:42 PM
Phoenix88
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Somehow I think this poll is sort of bias to what the owner has. Since all looks are awesome, they probably like theirs best, ah well I guess I will get what is the best deal Maybe stay spoilerless, since I have no sunroof, it looks very smooth, hard to describe.
Old 02-09-03, 01:44 AM
Phoenix88
Lead Lap

Well looks like I am getting the kaminari spoiler I will take pics when I get it on... probably not for a while, since it will take a few weeks to ship it. I think I will air it over, maybe then it will be a bit faster on my car. Kaminari kit to come later
Old 02-09-03, 01:39 PM
SilverBolt 219
Pole Position

Originally posted by Phoenix88
Well looks like I am getting the kaminari spoiler I will take pics when I get it on... probably not for a while, since it will take a few weeks to ship it. I think I will air it over, maybe then it will be a bit faster on my car. Kaminari kit to come later
Wait wait wait wait! You wouldn't just so happen to be the person who outbid me on ebay last night with about ten seconds left on the auction, now you would you?!?! I stayed up past 2 in the morning to try & win that. I can't believe I lost it!!!!!! Well, if you are indeed this man, we could have at least talked it over beforehand, then it would have been a lower price That was gonna be such a perfect birthday present! such a great price too! Well I hope you enjoy it phoenix.
-Johnny
Old 02-09-03, 02:21 PM
Phoenix88
Lead Lap

Sorry man! I guess that would be me that outbid you... but always happens on ebay. Weird that we are both CL members. The bid started at 75 and buy it now was 150, not too bad, I think I will be happy, if I see another auction I will let you know, what are you looking for, kaminari only or flush mont as well... I have seen some 92-96 go for as little as 60 bucks. GL, and I will for sure post pics, it was a bad day, I lost out on my supra tt rims, I should have gotten, fi I checked my email 1 hr before I bid, how upsetting was that. I am going to just get 18" ADR Sterlings on now.
Old 02-09-03, 02:57 PM
SilverBolt 219
Pole Position

Sorry man! I guess that would be me that outbid you... but always happens on ebay. Weird that we are both CL members. The bid started at 75 and buy it now was 150, not too bad, I think I will be happy, if I see another auction I will let you know, what are you looking for, kaminari only or flush mont as well... I have seen some 92-96 go for as little as 60 bucks. GL, and I will for sure post pics, it was a bad day, I lost out on my supra tt rims, I should have gotten, fi I checked my email 1 hr before I bid, how upsetting was that. I am going to just get 18" ADR Sterlings on now.
Thanks Phoenix, I think that if I do get a spoiler it will be the Kaminari. But who knows, $60 is very cheap, maybe I'll give in one day. I guess I'm not in much of a hurry to get one, but I just thought I would try to jump at that great deal. I'll need to see how yours looks when you get it finished. Keep me updated!
-Johnny
Old 02-10-03, 09:24 AM
rushgator
Lexus Test Driver

Somehow I think this poll is sort of bias to what the owner has. Since all looks are awesome, they probably like theirs best, ah well I guess I will get what is the best deal Maybe stay spoilerless, since I have no sunroof, it looks very smooth, hard to describe.
You really have an SC w/o a sunroof? I have heard there are a few of those out there, but have never seen one. Got any pics?

BTW, congrats on getting the Kaminari spoiler. I hope you like it. Did you get it with or without the LED?
Old 02-10-03, 10:20 AM
Phoenix88
Lead Lap

I have always sort of been really happy I don't have a sunroof and sometimes really unhappy that I didn't have a sunroof. Either or, it isn't the biggest deal to me. Here is a pic, I don't know if you can tell, this a really really old picture.
Attached Thumbnails Spoiler Choices-my-20car-20beside-20ben-20y-s-20front.jpg  
Old 02-10-03, 03:47 PM
rushgator
Lexus Test Driver

Well, it is kind of hard to tell, your SC being dark colored and all. Be sure to post pics when you get your spoiler on!
Old 02-10-03, 05:45 PM
lex400sc
Lexus Fanatic

Phoenix, please post many pics from many angles of your Kaminari spoiler when you get it.
Old 02-14-03, 08:11 PM
Phoenix88
Lead Lap

I will for sure, I am not sure if I am putting it on right away, I am trying to get those 19's as well... so the install money might be tied up for a little bit. But the spoiler is now probably either in transit to Canada through IL or else heading west from IL, dam thing weights 30-40 lbs. I will post many many pictures for everyone.

The only reason I haven't done anything to my car till now, is because like everyone that has Sc400, I was semmy considering selling and importing a 300 here, but the car is here to stay for a while. SC430 in the future
Old 02-25-03, 06:29 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 335 Likes on 221 Posts

as for biased, i have found that most people tend to vote for things they DONT have rather than things they do. i voted, then read the thread. i was thrilled to find that im not the only one that has an affliction to the 92 style spolier. It just fits the car so well, it's there but it isn't. i really dont want anything on my car that sticks out like a sore thumb. it's a lexus, not a honda. Class + performance.

i also have to say "drool" to rushgator2112 on the black sc. I had to have a black one when i bought mine and have been eternally happy since that day. BUT YOURS is absolutely stuning because you have done so much, yet kept it nice and clean and suttle. Even though that wing is more wild than mild, it looks perfect. It's that dedication to clean and classy, yet sporty that makes that car an absolute gem.
Old 02-25-03, 07:44 PM
Phoenix88
Lead Lap

Ya rushgators SC is really nice, I ended up getting a kaminari spoiler, it is getting put on this morning, but... won't be ready till tomorrow to my understanding. The part was, well not perfect, they had to refinish it. The spoiler price went up again to 350 on their site, wonder why they keep jacking it, lex400sc saw it for 100 bucks not too long ago. Anyways I will post pics, I am praying it looks as good as rushgators, I never cheap out when it comes ot cars, but unfortunately I don't have lots of money being a student... but usually after looking at cheap stuff... I end up upselling myself to the good stuff, and spending too much, sigh, life as a 'starving student' (Not really, just trying to save for a condo)
Old 02-27-03, 02:47 PM
rushgator
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by onelasttry

i also have to say "drool" to rushgator2112 on the black sc. I had to have a black one when i bought mine and have been eternally happy since that day. BUT YOURS is absolutely stuning because you have done so much, yet kept it nice and clean and suttle. Even though that wing is more wild than mild, it looks perfect. It's that dedication to clean and classy, yet sporty that makes that car an absolute gem.
Thanks! I tried to keep the theme sporty and non-rice. I have the outside pretty much where I want it now. Now as for the rest, well, my next thing hopefully will be a dvd player & video monitor. My wife keeps saying "As much as you spend on that car, I hope you plan to keep it a long time" and I tell her that a Lexus can go for 300,000 miles, so I'm just getting started at 79K.
Old 02-28-03, 03:23 AM
Phoenix88
Lead Lap

Dam, I just got my car back, looks great!! I love it, good upgrade in my opinion. I am going to post some pictures ... hopefully it won't be rainy tomorrow... otherwise pics won't be up for a long time. Maybe I will just take some of my car in my garage...
Thanks for the idea rushgator, never even knew about this spoiler till I saw yours. Very agressive spoiler yet classy. Took them 3 days to do it all, had to drive a toyota corolla for the time being... what great millage they get.

Quick Reply: Spoiler Choices