SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

What pics & video to take before I part her out?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-13, 05:40 PM
WadeLovell
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cool What pics & video to take before I part her out?

My SC300 just passed CA smog but the A/C is out and I am out of patience! What should I video tape and what should I shoot pictures of before I start taking her apart?

Also, from those of you with experience parting out an SC300 at home, what suggestions do you have as to the order of things? Any specific rollers I should buy so I can shift her position in the garage once I start?

Actually, any advice on parting her out would be appreciated.

Kind regards,
Wade
Old 07-24-13, 01:55 PM
WadeLovell
Lead Lap

Cool No one has an opinion?

Hard to believe no one has an opinion on this. These are some of the pictures I have taken.

Mostly interested in whether to shoot video of her starting, idling, accelerating, etc., seats adjusting, mirrors adjusting, windows rolling up and down, remote entry locking and unlocking, sunroof opening and closing, etc.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Kind regards,
Wade
Attached Thumbnails What pics & video to take before I part her out?-starboard-from-the-front-corner.jpg   What pics & video to take before I part her out?-starboard-from-the-rear-corner.jpg   What pics & video to take before I part her out?-left-rear.jpg   What pics & video to take before I part her out?-damaged-port-wheel-well.jpg   What pics & video to take before I part her out?-nice-interior-except-for-sun-damage-to-the-rear-seat.jpg  

Old 07-24-13, 05:15 PM
lilSCsteve

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Hey, if your car just passed SMOG-why not just sell the car? Or replace the AC, etc. Or are you completely done with the car? If you're dead set on parting the car, I'd snap some engine pics, interior pics to include seats, and doors. Then snap some vids of the car running, if you're planning on selling off the engine? In all honesty, I'd sell the engine last. Just my 2 cents though. GL

steve
Old 07-24-13, 05:20 PM
Joey-E
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Yeah that color is awesome too, why do a whole part out just cause the AC is not working? Sell the car in one piece for a nice price, im sure someone will pick it up asap.
Old 07-24-13, 06:39 PM
Biddles
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Your video should go pretty much as you said, just an overview of everything. Starting with the car starting up, going over the engine bay, electronics, doors, seats, trunk, etc....everything. Assuming parting it out will fetch more cash then selling it whole right? It's too bad, hate to see another part out especially when everything else sounds like it works. Another SC down...
Old 07-24-13, 07:19 PM
BAD954BOI
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's a nice car big *** tires smh but decent car.. Why the part out/ sale?
Old 07-24-13, 10:21 PM
WadeLovell
Lead Lap

Default Thank you gentlemen!

I will shoot some video tomorrow going from soup to nuts. I can edit and pull stills if I need them.

As to why, I have listed this car in the Forum Classifieds for $2500 without a single indication of interest. I just dropped $250 on the cat and $200 on registration and smog. I cannot seem to keep up with the repairs and AC is not in my wheelhouse.

I bought a spare engine and tranny with 89,000 for her from a Forum member in Dallas but I have told him to let it go. I have a freshly decked head in the garage along with Supra brakes, etc. I wasn't planning to get out of the SC life but I won't drop what they want around here to fix the AC. I have five cars and a pair of street bikes. They want attention too! The SC has become too high maintenance.
Old 07-24-13, 11:38 PM
Joey-E
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Thats the same price i got my 1st SC, same color and yup no AC either lol I miss it, maybe change the wheels back to sock or wheels that are less flashy... think that would help

Is it on craigslist?
Old 07-25-13, 12:44 AM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Joey-E
Thats the same price i got my 1st SC, same color and yup no AC either lol I miss it, maybe change the wheels back to sock or wheels that are less flashy... think that would help

Is it on craigslist?
+1 on wheel swap. How long has it been listed?
Old 07-25-13, 09:34 AM
SC400slide
In Recovery Mode

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

The car is not the reason that it's not selling, it's the economy. Not many people in the country today will pay what the SC is really worth. It is unfortunate. I have experienced the same predicament when I attempted to sell off my SC. Got 2 lookers in one month but no bites on the bait.

And the SC is high maintenance? What about the Lincoln there?

If I were you, I wouldn't part it out. THere are many hundreds of SC's that are in 5 times worse condition and are being restored. Take mine for example. It was a piece of crap when I got it, now it's back to it's formal SC beauty!

I see why you would want to part it out, but I don't personally recommend doing it. Stick to your guns when selling it and the catfish might bite.

JMO, your car, your choice.
Old 07-25-13, 12:41 PM
WadeLovell
Lead Lap

Default Yes, I put it on CL - not my favorite clientele

Originally Posted by Joey-E
That's the same price i got my 1st SC, same color and yup no AC either lol I miss it, maybe change the wheels back to sock or wheels that are less flashy... think that would help

Is it on craigslist?
Why does CraigsList attract so many losers?

Last edited by WadeLovell; 07-25-13 at 12:44 PM. Reason: Lack of clarity!
Old 07-25-13, 12:43 PM
WadeLovell
Lead Lap

Default On Club Lexus? At least two weeks

Originally Posted by Studiogeek
+1 on wheel swap. How long has it been listed?
I have had this listed on Club Lexus which, unfortunately, shares initials with that terrible marketplace, CraigsList. It has been on for at least two weeks.
Old 07-25-13, 04:01 PM
WadeLovell
Lead Lap

Cool No longer on Craigs List

Originally Posted by WadeLovell
Why does CraigsList attract so many losers?
I know some people swear by Craigslist but boy, what a bunch of interesting people for whom I simply don't have the time.
Old 07-25-13, 05:19 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

I have somewhat luck with all the Craigslist people. Sold many things on there. Just dont let anyone come to your house if you can help it. Jmo.
Old 07-25-13, 05:31 PM
WadeLovell
Lead Lap

Cool Treat the local Starbucks as my sales office?

Originally Posted by 1JZPWRD
I have somewhat luck with all the Craigslist people. Sold many things on there. Just dont let anyone come to your house if you can help it. Jmo.
I agree whole heartedly on not allowing these people to come to the house! Can I treat coffee as a sales expense? May have to move over to the McDonald's if I have to meet too many more people.

Quick Reply: What pics & video to take before I part her out?