SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Mirror option opinions pls

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-13, 03:47 PM
2GSC300
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mirror option opinions pls

One of my projects, Blk Mamba, is coming together nicely. Updates will come when I have a chance to head back to the Big Juice in a few weeks.
Wanted to get some opinions on mirrors. I'm thinking of changing those up to an aero style. I want know should I keep them stock or go with aero mirrors with or without turn signals in them? The mirrors don't have puddle lights and are coming from Japan, and are Ganador style.
Old 01-07-13, 04:29 PM
Candela
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ganador style ftw. Can you post a pic/link where you got them? how much? Real ganadors are super expensive.
Old 01-07-13, 05:38 PM
2GSC300
Lead Lap

Slow down guy lol. I'm thinking of buying them, but not sure which one. They are not ganador, but they are the same style. If you really want a set of ganador PM me. Other than that I need opinions pls thx
Old 01-07-13, 06:06 PM
Candela
Lead Lap

So you don't wanna share some information on a forum? Then try to sell me a pair? lulz

As for opinions, post pics of your car so people can work from there. Need the right mirror to match your look.
Old 01-07-13, 06:24 PM
SEIDO
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Candela
So you don't wanna share some information on a forum? Then try to sell me a pair?
LOL!
Old 01-09-13, 04:59 AM
Dream36
Pole Position

ok, I have done this mod to several vehicles. you will need a 2005-06 saturn vue mirror and the temp sensor (located next to radiator). wire it up and poof autodim with little lights a compass and a temperature read out. can be done for under $20. if it wont fit the nub on the windshield remove the stock one and put the right size on there (I think there are three sizes since like the 70's).
Old 01-09-13, 02:58 PM
SEIDO
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Our mirrors, like the center rear-view, come with an auto-dimming feature.
I dunno how you feel, but I like to retain as many of my OEM features as possible (the truly functional ones of course; I could care less about changing the "wood grain" etc).
Old 01-09-13, 07:56 PM
nkumar92
Driver

Ganador actually discontinued the mirrors for our cars, about 6 months ago unfortunately. Whatever distributors have in stock is what's left, so snap one up quick if you want one.
Old 01-11-13, 12:32 AM
2GSC300
Lead Lap

So you don't wanna share some information on a forum? Then try to sell me a pair? lulz

As for opinions, post pics of your car so people can work from there. Need the right mirror to match your look.
WAW...whats your issue? I don't owe you info on where I get anything for my car. Oh wait, what if there is only one available, and I want to buy it? I also do have a build thread for my car if you where to only look, but to make it easy for you here you go sonny.....

Mirror option opinions pls-sc400-4.jpeg

SMDH....
Old 01-11-13, 12:46 AM
2GSC300
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by nkumar92
Ganador actually discontinued the mirrors for our cars, about 6 months ago unfortunately. Whatever distributors have in stock is what's left, so snap one up quick if you want one.
The mirrors I am interested in are similar to Ganador and not Ganador, but like I mentioned, if anyone wants actual Ganador mirrors I can find them out of Japan.

Thanks to everyone for positive replies to my question. Pls feel free to keep them coming.

PS....looking for the aero look not just the turn signal feature, but thx for the info. Did know that could be done. Guess Saturns were useful for something lol.
Old 01-12-13, 03:15 PM
Candela
Lead Lap

So you posted a thread askin what kinda mirrors you should get, as if everybody is runnin thru ur stuff searchin for ur build thread? Its just a simple pic dude.

Since its a vertex kit, and wide fenders, I vote for those ganador-style mirrors. If you could please post at least a picture of em
Old 01-13-13, 04:25 PM
2GSC300
Lead Lap

So you posted a thread askin what kinda mirrors you should get, as if everybody is runnin thru ur stuff searchin for ur build thread? Its just a simple pic dude.

Since its a vertex kit, and wide fenders, I vote for those ganador-style mirrors. If you could please post at least a picture of em
No, what I asked is YES or NO to aero (Ganador style) mirrors WITH turn signals or WITHOUT. Reeeeaaallllly simple......
Old 01-13-13, 06:56 PM
GZZ-TT
Pole Position

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ganador-Full...2b5350&vxp=mtr

Here's some Ganadors for sale on Ebay..
Old 01-13-13, 07:13 PM
Candela
Lead Lap

Ooooooohhhhhhhhhh so you mean ganador style mirrors with or without the turn signals in them.

Well the turn signal always looks cool. But then u gotta wire them and all that.

Would you tint them like the rest of your lights?

And thanks UZZ-TT. We know how much real ganadors cost, which is a ridiculous amount of money.
Old 01-14-13, 10:11 AM
2GSC300
Lead Lap

I might consider tinting the turn signals, because the rest of the lights are tinted. Honestly, don't want to, but to be consistent with the rest of the lights, I may to do so.

Quick Reply: Mirror option opinions pls