SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Gauging interest for GReddy E-manage Group Buy

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-02, 03:17 AM
EvoTuned
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gauging interest for GReddy E-manage Group Buy

Note to moderators: This post is NOT a group buy and is to simply gauge interest for the Greddy E-manage. If enough interest is shown, proper steps will be taken to make the GB official.

I’ve been considering this for a while. I was waiting until the support tool (software and CPU cable) were readily available to the general public. They ARE now! Please look at the pics below for product info or check out http://www.greddy.com/products/electronics_frame.htm.

The E-manage retails for $379. With this GB we would get the main unit for$275, Support Tool $105, ign. or inj. harness at $35 each, pressure sensor $95, pressure sensor harness at $29. Shipping would be $15.

We would need a minimum of 10 Buyers for these prices. Prices could drop with more buyers. Area 51 uses the E-manage on their SC. It will definitely work for the SC, GS, and Supras. So this GB will most likely extend to members of Suprafourms.com. I’m personally going to buy one either way but I’d love to save over $100! I spoke with a Greddy tech and it’s confirmed they will work perfectly for our cars. But as far as this GB would go, WE are responsible for figuring out how to hook it up and tune it. Most authorized Greddy dealers shouldn’t have a problem with the installation however. I simply mean we couldn’t return it because we don’t know how to do the install.

So now’s the time to show interest, ask questions, etc. I will do my best to find the answers. If all looks good the GB will start late Dec early Jan.

Chris
Attached Thumbnails Gauging interest for GReddy E-manage Group Buy-softwaremanual.jpg  

Last edited by EvoTuned; 12-07-02 at 04:21 AM.
Old 12-07-02, 03:18 AM
EvoTuned
Driver

Product Info
Attached Thumbnails Gauging interest for GReddy E-manage Group Buy-e-manage_catlog_2.jpg  

Last edited by EvoTuned; 12-07-02 at 03:25 AM.
Old 12-07-02, 03:15 PM
Dew23
Lexus Champion

I had this unit for awhile but sold it for something else, it is a great unit does everything a stand alone would do we have one installed on tacoma 2.5tt powered truck .I have had the software
for about 6months (well the english version ) so drop me a pm.

Last edited by Dew23; 12-07-02 at 03:16 PM.
Old 12-11-02, 02:31 AM
LS400
Club Lexus Editor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Regarding the new Group Buy Revised Policy, this group buy/interest is still in effect. Thanks.
Old 12-11-02, 03:43 PM
Onelove
Lead Lap

Greddy just released the E-01 as well, you guys might want to look into that.

If anyone wants to put together a buy, let me know... After all I purchased more Greddy last month than any other dealer in the US
Old 12-11-02, 03:54 PM
808state
Driver

Originally posted by LS400
Regarding the new Group Buy Revised Policy, this group buy/interest is still in effect. Thanks.
i guess this could be nicknamed "no gauging interest in greddy emanage revised group buy policy"
Old 12-11-02, 04:11 PM
EvoTuned
Driver

Titan, I sent an email to the address you provided CL. Just let me know.
Old 12-12-02, 03:20 AM
Bean
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

there's a site where you can get the software and data cable for like $429; ignition harness is extra

all you need is a cheap laptop
Old 12-12-02, 04:30 AM
Miles B
Hyundai Driver

So this thing is a AFC, a boost controller and a timing controller all in one? You can buy it on mkiv.com for $299, in case the GB doesn't happen for you....How come it says it doesn't work with the 1UZ-FE?

LS400: are you saying that this thread is in violation of the rules? If so... it seems kinda strange that all these Lexus owners can gather here, but not discuss a group buy on a product... where are they supposed to do it?

Last edited by Miles B; 12-12-02 at 04:33 AM.
Old 12-12-02, 04:47 AM
EvoTuned
Driver

Bean, that's not a bad price but with this GB we could get the e-manage and software for 380!! That's $49 below the website you're referring to. Plus even the accessories are discounted. These are honestly the lowest prices I've seen which is why I plan to work very hard to make the GB happen.

Also if anyone's interested, GReddy’s new E-01 replaces the need for a laptop plus adds extra features of its own. There’s a pic below.

Miles B, I’m still checking on the SC4 but now I’ve only confirmed the 2jz-ge. GReddy has not ‘officially’ tested the 1UZ-FE or 3UZ-FE. They’ve told me it’s a universal product and should work on the entire Lexus line with no problems.
Also LS400 was stating that even though there are new GB rules, this one for the e-manage will still be allowed to continue as planned. So it looks like there’s enough interest to make it official. The GB will most likely extend to Supraforums to pickup the rest of the 10.
Attached Thumbnails Gauging interest for GReddy E-manage Group Buy-profec-e-01_catlog_3.jpg  
Old 12-12-02, 03:12 PM
Bean
Lexus Fanatic

remember the data cable it isn't cheap for that; the $429 includes that too

you prolly know what site I'm talking about tho
Old 12-12-02, 04:00 PM
EvoTuned
Driver

Sorry for the misunderstanding. The ‘Support Tool’ includes BOTH the software and the data-link cable to connect the e-manage to a CPU. So you could get the e-manage for 275, support tool for 105, for a total of only $380!
Old 12-12-02, 06:12 PM
Bean
Lexus Fanatic

sweet... wish i had the cash to thrash

but guys this gets my vote; definitely worth the money...

its got a nice fuel tuner and easy to program for big injectors; and for timing changes (you turbo guys know what i mean) that you need when you have the optional ignition harness
Old 12-12-02, 09:25 PM
Miles B
Hyundai Driver

Cool... I'm thinking about trying my own 1UZ-FE twin turbo...

Over here, you can pick up a second hand engine for like 800 US Dollars if I blow it up, so it's not a huge risk. So this thing could handle my big injectors, both wastegates, and adequately do my fuel and ignition adustments?

Is it true that the SC400 ECU retards the timing when it is about to change gears? Reason I ask is I want to swap in a manual, and get rid of the timing retard.....
Old 12-12-02, 10:56 PM
undefeatedsc3
Pole Position

I just wanted to put the "Im interested" note down if you can come up with something. I was going to get an Apexi SAFC but if im understanding correctly, this would do the job and even be able to be used later on when I get a turbo. Ill be gone for two weeks in late December to be a ski instructor but I will return right after New years and Ill have to money to get it. So if it goes through, please pm me Evotuned. Thanks for doing all the work.

-Buck

Quick Reply: Gauging interest for GReddy E-manage Group Buy