JDMmuscle
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Rebel Alliance Scum....
Old 09-02-12, 02:19 PM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 128 Likes on 107 Posts

Definitely gonna keep an eye on this thread. Really nice SC and project.
Old 09-02-12, 03:15 PM
yonunez
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sick as sc no joke!
Old 09-02-12, 05:32 PM
ihiryu
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Axmily
hey thanks guys! Im really excited to come back home but to come home and have a bunch of new parts to install is gonna be alot of fun! along with a lot of busted knuckles and wht not but oh well! well worth it!

Anyone have any suggestion on which side skirts and rear lip i should get??
ive kinda been contiplating getting A/C sides with the Redskinz front lip..

Also does anyone have any experience with APEXI SAFC II or APEXI NEO currious on which one would be better.
I do, I recommend the II over the NEO though. The NEO has a bit more point breaks for finer tuning, but the controls are really really annoying. On the II you have either 500 rpm or 1000 rpm increments. The neo you can actually change it to 250 rpm's if you like.
Old 09-03-12, 07:21 AM
Axmily
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ihiryu
I do, I recommend the II over the NEO though. The NEO has a bit more point breaks for finer tuning, but the controls are really really annoying. On the II you have either 500 rpm or 1000 rpm increments. The neo you can actually change it to 250 rpm's if you like.
thanks i really appreciate it. I will probably end up with the SAFC II the controls look alot easier and the neo just looks way outdated aswell..
Old 09-03-12, 07:29 AM
Axmily
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by JDMmuscle
Let me know when you want those headers my man!
Will do grant just waiting on my GSR to sell so im not burning into my deployment money.. gotta save up for an FX35 and the wife and i are going to try and have a baby when i get back so i wanna have a nice chunk of change saved up.
Old 09-03-12, 08:28 AM
sc300max
Rookie

Don't waste your money on safc or any fuel piggy backs.. You need something that controls timing and fuel like a standalone. You will be much more happier with your 1uz if you do this. There are only a few standalones that can run the dual distributor 1uzfe.. The ones that i know of are Megasquirt (some mods have to be done to trigger wheel) haltech, and EMS stinger.. I have a ems stinger, wired it up loaded there file and was done in less than 2 hrs.

If you need some info on wiring the ems, I still have the paperwork that I made up for my car.
If you need it I'll help you out. Car looks great, I love the red also same color as mine.
Old 09-03-12, 09:14 AM
Axmily
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by sc300max
Don't waste your money on safc or any fuel piggy backs.. You need something that controls timing and fuel like a standalone. You will be much more happier with your 1uz if you do this. There are only a few standalones that can run the dual distributor 1uzfe.. The ones that i know of are Megasquirt (some mods have to be done to trigger wheel) haltech, and EMS stinger.. I have a ems stinger, wired it up loaded there file and was done in less than 2 hrs.

If you need some info on wiring the ems, I still have the paperwork that I made up for my car.
If you need it I'll help you out. Car looks great, I love the red also same color as mine.
ive never heard of ems stinger. but ive heard great things about haltech.. wht mods do you have on you 1uzfe im guessing a decent amount if your running full standalone.
Old 09-03-12, 11:26 PM
sc300max
Rookie

Ems stinger is made in australia.. They have other ecu's also

http://www.emsefi.com/emsefi/index.p...gement-systems

Check them out... Im currently running 10 psi with a street tune, pulls pretty hard. Stock engine and tranny with over 197,000 miles, been boosted since feb.... I personally don't like haltech's software, only because I'm not familiar with it, but because its hard to just jump in and tune. The EMS software is easy to use, you can download it on there site and check it out.. even open the 1uzfe file, I believe it says toyota v8.

I might turn up the boost to 15psi and see what happens lol, but I need to install my fpr and injectors.
Old 09-04-12, 01:02 AM
Axmily
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by sc300max
Ems stinger is made in australia.. They have other ecu's also

http://www.emsefi.com/emsefi/index.p...gement-systems

Check them out... Im currently running 10 psi with a street tune, pulls pretty hard. Stock engine and tranny with over 197,000 miles, been boosted since feb.... I personally don't like haltech's software, only because I'm not familiar with it, but because its hard to just jump in and tune. The EMS software is easy to use, you can download it on there site and check it out.. even open the 1uzfe file, I believe it says toyota v8.

I might turn up the boost to 15psi and see what happens lol, but I need to install my fpr and injectors.
nice! are you turbo or supercharged? and ever dynod? il be running around 9psi. but il check there site out thats for sure.
Old 09-11-12, 11:11 PM
Joey-E
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Putting in work, this is going to be awesome
Old 09-11-12, 11:52 PM
npiep
Driver School Candidate

Great looking car man really gives me inspiration to make mine like that one day
Old 09-12-12, 06:20 AM
lilSCsteve

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Definitely SUSCRIBED! Be safe over there, and return safely to your beautiful SC and lovely wifey! God Speed...watch your SIX!

Steve
Old 09-12-12, 08:37 AM
ihiryu
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm planning to go Adaptronic, that's what KC95SC400 used on his car and had great results. The install seems pretty easy/
Old 10-15-12, 09:56 PM
Axmily
Lead Lap

Hey Guy's just a little update
i found an aristo torsen lsd with 4.10 gearing that i purchased and got in contact with IMF and will be getting there headers in the mail soon. Also my dads buddy own's an old muscle car shop that rebuilds and restores old cars. He called my dad needing some asphalt work and we are going to trade some work and have him do my car while im gone.
only thing he will be installing is finishing the manual swap, header install, and rear end.

I will be installing the supercharger when i get home.

Few things that i still need are:
Walbro 255
EGR delete kit
Apexi neo or Safc II.

any idea on exhaust im leaning towards IMF headers, 2.5in exhaust with X pipe and Topspeed pro 1 exhaust?

Last edited by Axmily; 10-15-12 at 10:00 PM.

Quick Reply: Supercharged SC400